Dieting with Diabetes- September is here - football and cooler temps!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Good afternoon.
    Went and did some shopping this morning and I'm woren out. Dr's office called to say I have a bladder infection,so that's another prescription.
    Its lonesome around here with the one dog gone. Have another little dog and two cats. But Angel was always under my feet. Sassy has been doing a few atrange things the last 24 hours. But she will get used to it just like us.
    Be good.
    Judy
  • CREATIONS: Goodness! You sure are having a tough time. I hope and pray you feel better soon!
  • i'm done school. no leads yet. glen
  • Hey everyone.. my life goes from too quiet to very busy.. my daughter and grkids have been here for a few days now and they keep me hopping.. we gone shopping, lunch and bingo.. and we discovered a new to us bakery..have u ever had a pumpkin spice donut i only had one but i was in heaven lol today we pick up the oldest grson(hes been moose hunting) then to lunch with great gramma, then the swimming pool..and dinner.. they go home tommorrow and i will be lonesome again til the big guys get back from the cabin.. what a fun weekend.. hope you are all well and having fun too..i just love being a grma((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
  • Hello everyone,,looks like everyone is staying busy,,,

Had a good week-end ,,,my son and grand-daughter (2.5 months now) and his family came up,,,got to be Nana and I loved it,,she is changing so much so fast,,,and with them not living right here I see the changes so much when I see her,,,so was a wonderful week-end,,worked part of saturday ,,had sunday off and am back to work today,,so I can make the 9 hour trip to go be at my grandson's 3rd birthday on saturday,,,long drive but worth it,,,

My bs was 115 this morning ,,had a high of 202 last night,,ate something I shouldn't have,,,had a real low of 56 at work on friday night,,drank some orange juice and it did the trick,,,I hate that feeling,,,

Well later best to you all and hi to everyone,,have a wonderful day,,Jeanne
  • Hi everyone.. its quiet here again..daughter and grkids left this am.. im enjoying myself even had a nap i was pooped out from all the fun..my dd said she was worried about me as i seemed to have slowed done alot well i think its antural part of aging and I cant keep up with her active life and mine used to be that way.. now i prefer slow and quiet most of the time..with alittle spice in between..how about all of you.. sure do love being with the grkids tho..im out of test strips so havent tested in a few but i feel ok so thats good indicator..i miss some of our former posters.. like rosetta hope you are ok and meowee who rpomissed to come back.. so where are they all??as for the rest of you ((((( )))))) i had agreat weekend too ..rosey
  • Hi, all. I've been lurking but haven't been up to posting. Have been in a funk because a concert I was looking forward to for months (Charles Aznavour) was canceled at the last minute and I know I'll never see him in person again. Otherwise, nothing much going on with me. We're having our usual September weather. I don't mind it when the temperature stays around 70, but it's started to get higher and I don't feel comfortable with it. I do love the Florentine light that comes with fall. Still struggling to get back on track with my diet. Also thinking about giving up the gym. I go 3 times a week but don't see any results. Don't walk as much as I had been doing.
    Rosey - sounds like your family keeps you pretty busy. I think age slows you down. I know that when I'm walking down the street and think I'm going pretty fast, everyone is rushing past me.
    Glen - congratulations on finishing school. You probably need a little break before you start working.
    Creations - sorry about all your health problems. Hope everything gets cleared up soon.
  • welcome back rosettastone. i've looking for a job but with no experience its hard. glen
  • Hi All, I think some of you may remember me from the old threads before the new sub-forum. I didn't know it existed until today! To be honest a big reason I drifted away was the huge threads that were impossible to navigate! I'm all for a monthly or even weekly chat thread.
    It has been an interesting year of mostly improving A1C results. I started Lantus in March. It's made weight-loss near-impossible, though my attitude and lacksadasical approach to exercise certainly don't help.
    I am all about changing it all up! Both endo and dietician appts next week and I'm all signed up for The Biggest Loser contest here. Re-starting South Beach again - it works when I stick to it!
    A1C is 5.8 currently. Fasting bgs have been below 100 if I don't snack after dinner. Unfortunately I have the urge big-time as soon as I get my toddler into bed for the night.
    Lovely cool fall day here in Colorado. Hoping for some Indian Summer weather soon though - this is almost too cool.
  • Morning everyone..cloudy cold and rainy here.. am so happy to see your post rosetta..i miss you..mr ken good luck on the job hunting.. what types of work are u looking for? welcome back ottoette..its nice to have more members..ive been resting up after having the grkids here this weekend..my sl was 84 this am.. then had oatmeal for breakfast and tested 2 hrs later and it was 115 so things are good in that respect..hope my dr is happy too i will see her next wed..hello to all who are absent ((((hugs))) rosey
  • Hi all!

Another day is here! Must force myself to exercise, as my arms won't look better in my wedding dress if I don't do anything with them. I have a new endo appointment in two weeks. It would be nice to actually sit down with a doc: I was told a 2 or 3 hour appointment. yay!

Anywho, back to the same ol' grind. Ottoette, I wish my A1C was 5.8. I haven't been below 9 since I had to go off the pump.

Gotta run!

Hugs,

J.
  • Morning everyone still raining here.. i suppose it will just turn into snow in afew weeks not ready for that.. the dh came home yesterday.. no moose this yr but they said they had a good time..trying to catch up on chores today.. heres hoping we all have agreat weekend (((((((hugs))))))))) rosey
  • Hey everyone! We got in this afternoon from a week in the mountains with our daughter and son in law. Our son went along, and stayed up there with his sister and brother in law. The weather was cool, and a bit rainy. The cabin belongs to my son in law's father and is right on the side of the mountain, near Franklin, North Carolina. Beautiful area!

My glucose levels were up and down all week. Do you all think that a hot tub helps bring the levels down? I seemed to see a drop when we spent time in the hot tub, but I couldn't reason out why....

When I got home, I found out my computer monitor is messed up. Grrr. I am using my husband's computer and I don't like it!

OTTO: Welcome back! We will go with shorter threads since several folks have expressed a preference. Personally, I prefer a weekly like we use in the Sugarbusters area, but lets go with a monthly and see how it goes. It it gets long, we can go with a weekly. I look forward to getting to know you better!

ROSEY: I am glad the guys are back, but sorry they did not get their moose!

GLEN: Good luck on the job search!

JOSIAN: Definitely do some weights for your arms! Building muscle helps get the metabolic rate up too....

Off to get some stuff done!
  • Hey evryone..a quiet sat here.. windy and cold.. i can smell snow in the air my dr office called late yesterday with my lab results..my a1c was 6.1 and colesteral 177.. they were very pleased and said i had a good control of my diabetes.. that news made my day ..i see the dr next wed to get meds refilled..i guess im not as bad as i think i am food wise as the numbers are good.. so what is every one doing today?monet it must have been pretty in the mts have the leaves started changing color yet.. fall is my favorite time of year..have a fun weekend ((((((hugs))))))))) rosey
  • Hey everyone! I just got out of the pool, where I was doing water aerobics like some kind of polar bear! Gosh, it was COLD! It felt good though.

ROSEY: The leaves had not started to turn yet, but they will soon. Just the layer upon layer of mountains was gorgeous. I would love to live up there! I wish my knee had not been sore from twisting it...hiking would have been lovely. We did get in a bit of walking...but no where near as much as I had been hoping to. Congrats on the good lab work! That A1C is good! I can't wait to see what mine was ...I go October 2 to get the results. I had the blood drawn last week.