Where can I find Pinenuts?

• I do most of my grocery shopping at Kroger and Super Wal-mart. Do you think I can find pinenuts at one of these stores? If so, what area should I look? I really like them in restaurant meals but I just don't know where to get them.

We don't have a Trader Joe's or anything out of the ordinary around here. Brookshire's and Piggly Wiggly are about my only other choices.

Thanks!
  • I buy them at Costco for a very good price.
  • I usually see pinenuts in small jars in the Italian food section, next to the little jars of pesto.
  • I always find them packaged in the produce section of my local grocery store.
  • Yes in my local market, they have them in the produce section, too - they have a lot of various nuts and some interesting dried fruits (like blueberries and tart cherries) in that general area as well.

I also get them at a little Italian market in the large city near us. They sure wonderful in things!
  • With the rest of the nuts..
    I find small packages of them with the regular packs of nuts in the baking supplies aisle... stay away from the brownie mixes though!!
  • Quote: I find small packages of them with the regular packs of nuts in the baking supplies aisle...
    Yup, that's where I've found them, too...