LAWL Losers and Friends April

You're on Page 6 of 117
Go to
  • Hey Chicks,
    I hope everyone is well...I have to admit i'm having a hard time focusing and staying on track. Like i'll start off a day good but by the afternoon/evening i'm like "whatever" and having something totally off plan. Luckly up until now haven't gained since i've continued to do periodic workouts (yoga & tae-bo) but it's like everyday i'm slipping more and more.

Can anyone give me some advice on how they deal w/ slips or get remotivated? Help!
  • Total time change disaster! I agree with all y'all. We don't have a minister at church right now so my partner and I are helping out with the services. Today we were to run the show, including being there at 9:30 am to let the band in. (We had an all music service) I got up at 8:30 am, and made coffee. Fortunately turned on the tv, which showed the time as 9:30 am. I just stood there dumbfounded. Then it dawned on me and I ran around in circles for a minute, trying to decide what to do next. Finally got my brain in gear and ran, yes ran, up the stairs to tell my partner. We threw our clothes on, no time for a shower, grabbed coffee and a Luna bar and drove 80 mph all the way to church. When we got there, no one was there. We panicked, thinking maybe the band forgot the stupid time change, too, but they arrived about 10 minutes later. They were a little peeved because they were there at 9:30 am, but we weren't so the building was locked, so they left and came back. The service actually started on time, so it all turned out ok, but holy cow! Damn Ben Franklin and his freaking day light savings time!

We love dogs, too. We have a German Sheppard, an aussie/sheltie, and a small black dog (total heinz 57!), and we also have 4 cats, so it's a zoo at our house.

I seem to be stalled in the weight loss arena right now. Probably because I started exercising. I found a new drink mix that is really good. It's like the crystal light individual servings for water bottles. It's made by Lipton, and it's green tea with fruit flavors (cherry, raspberry, honey lemon) sweetened with splenda. It's full of anti-oxidants, so I think much better for me than crystal light. Helps me get my water in.

Kristi
  • SlimmerKim--have faith in yourself--we sure do--so you slipped and gained a few--you now have the knowledge to get them back off--good luck and have fun at your party--tomorrow is another day!!

Lori--you are a doll!! DO NOT remove your photo--I love your smile--your kiddos are so lucky to have such a fun mom.

Denise--we all slip--be glad you haven't gained--that's a victory in itself. Look how far you've already come. Plan your full day early (I HAVE to or I will blow it) and plan your lite/luna and maybe some fruit at that time of day where you tend to slip--maybe that will get you through. That is my worst time, too, so I totally understand.

Kristi--Oh No!! Sounds like it all worked out anyway--silly DST, today was a lesson in patience for your congregation. See, you can spin it to a sermon. Thanks for the heads up on the Lipton--I love AZ diet green tea so I will definitely look for it. Love those little convenient packs!
  • Milca,
    I think you're justified in your frustration! Dealing with neighbors can be really tough. I had one that used to call the police on my dogs all the time. They barked sometimes, and got out a couple of times. She actually filed a complaint and said that my "large vicious mutt dogs" tried to attack her. At the time I had 2 small very friendly dogs, who were probably trying to get petted. When the police officer came to my house and saw my dogs he started laughing cause he couldn't believe her description of them.

Maybe it would help if you and DH spoke up more? I know sometimes I keep quiet just to be nice, but get walked on and just get madder and madder. What's their last name, maybe Repo Girl can come up with something clever for their mailbox!

Kristi
  • Christie:
    Girl I'm sorry but you made me laugh with the idea of the time and the clock, That's not been a bad mother, that's been smart, I wish my kids fall sleep that early, they usually fall sleep between 7:30 to 8:30, and take a nap during the day.

Lori:
    Finally you put your pretty picture, is so nice to see you!

Ange:
    Hey girl!

Boo'smom:
    Girl enjoy your nap... NAP that is a word that sounds so far for me since my kids are up, and when they are taking their afternoon nap I have to cook and do a lot of stuff!

Slimmerkim:
    Good luck in your process to reach stabilization! The good thing is that you don't give up!

Dennise:
    Girl, sorry that you're having a hard time. If you think that in the afternoon you feel more hungry than in the morning, have something light in the morning like a fruit, a cup of coffee, tea something that get your body started but at the same time help you save more food for the afternoon. I have notice that I feel more hungry in the afternoon than in the morning and what I do is that for breakfast I have an orange or 12 strawberries or a yogurt, then at mid am I eat a LA bar, see, I still have food for the afternoon that is the time of the day that I feel more hungry. I hope this could help you!

Kristy:
    Looks like we all become crazy for this time change!
  • Denise,
    I agree with Boo. Make a plan early, and make sure you have plenty of good snacks, for those tempatation moments. I'm a candy junky, so I always have sf gum and mints and a Luna for those moments of OMG. I'm a veg, so I've learned to bring my own food to parties, etc., that way I know I will get what I need and not be tempted. Most importantly, give yourself a break. We all struggle sometimes, and do better others. You can do this! Do you have a short-term goal with a reward? That may help you get motivated. I practice yoga, and it teaches that the first step to weight loss is accepting ourselves as we are right now.

Good luck, we are all behind you!

Kristi
  • Lak - If the cleaning fairy ever stops by, please send them my way as well. I spent yesterday cleaning and know that I appreciate my DH's help more know that I had. It goes so much quicker when we clean together.

Katie - I think that it would be great to hang out with you. You always have so much fun - I miss those days! I will hope for you to win the lotto - 3FC LAWL cruise sounds fabulous!

Milca - You are a treat to listen to (i.e. read).

Debbie - Carbs have always been my downfall too, so I wasn't sure why they were giving me ideas as to how to increase my carb intake each day. I think that it is nice to have CC's for those times when they are needed - they give us more choices as to what we can have while out and still stay OP.

Christie - You were quite inventive with the time change. If you can use it to your advantage, why not? :hugs: We are here for you during this time.

Lea Ann - I can't believe you just said that NASCAR puts you to sleep. I have a heck of a time staying awake during the race - I need to keep myself busy (currently reading 3FC on the laptop). One of our friends took a picture of mee sleeping in the stands at the Coke 600 2 years ago. Imagine falling asleep at a NASCAR race - who would have thought with all of the noise. I find it quite soothing .

Kristi - That Lipton drink mix sounds really good. I will keep my eyes open for it, but think it will be a while before it makes it to Canada. It will be on my list of things to look for in NC.

Today is a quiet day at our house. We've been watching the NASCAR race since 1:30. Today is laundry day, so I need to finish that. My only other goal for the day is to get back on my elliptical - I was good Mon. to Weds. but haven't been back on since. I can't exercise too late at night as it gives me too much energy, so Thurs. and Fri. were out sine we didn't get home until after 8:00. There are no excuses today though.

I find that during the race is one of my worst times for eating. We like to have snacks, but they generally aren't healthy. We had the rest of the fajitas I made yesterday for lunch and I might some some sunflower seeds after for a snack. I will stay OP though - I REFUSE to see those 8s again. I still need to get the whole BM thing figured out - I know this is another reason the weight doesn't keep going down. My body needs to start working properly. UGH!

Have a great day chickies!
  • Kristy:
    Girl, You are right in some way we should have told them something already, but me and DH don't want problems, but don't worry we do have something for them, I don't want to post it yet until is done but you all certainly going to enjoy it, you will see who is gonna have the last laugh! I allways believe in KARMA... hehehehe!
  • Suzanne--we must be soul sisters! It is sooo soothing and the fact that my niece took my girls to the movies--so peaceful around here! DH would love to go to ANY race, just never has worked out. We are going to do the Darlington tour when we are there--not quite them same but hey. I have to nap or I will want to eat. TO hasn't been bad. I'm not hungry--I get bored and just LIKE to eat.--hey that's what I'll add to the other thread. On a side note--I'm with you on the body functions (TMI!) but I have not been "regular" since we started--UGH. Something else for me to blame I guess.

Kristi--great new photo!
  • Milca,

I don't like confrontation either but sometimes it really is good to speak up. Two summers ago, my next door neighbors, who already had 2 dogs, got another dog..a Newfoundland/ Lab cross. This dog was as big as a small cow and absolutely hated my dog. Now, my dog at one time would dash out the door and run off every chance he got (putting on a storm door helped stop that) but he never bit anyone...he was just impossible to catch.

Well, the neighbors were not controlling their animals, particularly the big dog who would come to my yard and bare his teeth, growling at my dog on the other side of our back yard. My dog would growl back...they obviously disliked each other. One day, we were repairing the fence and my dog found his opportunity and dashed through the open area...only to be confronted with the neighbors big dog. The neighbor's dog was on my property, waiting for my dog. My dog ended up with five puncture wounds in the back. The neighbor assured me that they would pay for the vet bill....and he promised to put up a fence.

Two months later, no check for the vet bill, no fence and while DH was walking my dog down our own driveway, the neighbors dog went after mine and attacked him again. Another trip to the vet, though, this time he was lucky and wasn't badly hurt.

So, I had nearly $300 in vet bills. I presented the bill to the neighbor. He felt that since HIS dog was injured (heh, my 30 lb dog took out a chunk of this 150 animal's leg requiring 30 stitches..) and it cost him nearly $1000, he thought we were even.

Uh...how did he figure that? I told him I was sorry my "little dog" hurt his but the fact remained his animal was on my property and had not been controlled. I pointed out that any small claims court would back me up. About 10 minutes later, his son brought a check over...then, the next day, someone came out and installed the fence. Yes, the neighbors were extremely icy, not speaking to use, not waving, etc, for the rest of the summer.

But..they got over it.

Standing our ground, drawing the line and not backing down, in this case helped in the long run. The dog is contained.

However, my dog is still spooked to go out. For a long time, he was hesistant to go out, even in the fenced in area....and he didn't like walks either. He is much better now but it took him awhile to get over it...
  • Milca, I am on pins and needles waiting for your revenge, girl....keep us posted!

Yoga, LOL at you running in circles before heading off to church...don't know why, but the mental picture of that just made me laugh. I'm sure it wasn't quite as literal as my imagination has created, but still it entertained me, so thanks.

Lori -- leave the pic...so nice to have a face with the name!

Denise, don't give up. I am the same way with the afternoon/evening trip off the wagon. Dust yourself off girlfriend, and plan a strategy to avoid it. I like to plan my whole day the night before. That way I don't wake up and feel wishy-washy at breakfast, then blow it. For me, if I don't plan ahead, that's when I go looking for "bites" that turn into binges.

Kim, hang in there, chickie. You are our inspiration! You will get back to where you want to be and lead the way for us!

All you doggie folks out there, I am so jealous. My son is severely allergic to dogs, so that is not an option for us. We tried going the labradoodle way (found one online) but it turned out to be only 1/4 poodle and we had to give it back after 3 days. All my kids sobbed for hours and I don't think I can go through that again, even for one more hypoallergenic. I am such a dog person, grew up with them, wish I could have one!

Sherry -- good luck on the test.

Have a great night, all!

Christie

P.S. Katie...BAD girl!!!! LMAO at the idea of you sneaking around vandalizing!
  • Drive By
    Hello Chickies, just a quick driveby to say HAPPY APRIL.

Catch you later
  • Hi Guys!!

Kristi- Great new pic! Did you come home with a sunburn?

Christie- You are a brilliant mother, and thank you so much for helping my realize that I can feed my kids and put them to bed in an hour!! Yahoooooo!

Milca- Can't wait to see what you are doing, you sneaky little chickie!!

Lori- Love your picture!!

Suzanne- Somehow there is never a dull moment around here. My cousin used to say that coming to our house was like walking into a sitcom. I spent my growing up years in trouble all the time at church for laughing too much with my friends. Have you ever done that silent laugh where you are shaking and can't breathe, and cannnot stop no matter what threat you are faced with? Yoga Gurl knows. We have both been guilty of bouts inappropiate laughing at church over the years. And other places...weddings, funerals, mission farewells, school, I could go on. I really have no self respect at all...

Well I had the ultimate embarrassment today. We went out for breakfast, and I am sitting there eating a bunch of naughty stuff, and guess who comes in the restaurant and is seated right next to us? My favorite LAWL counselor and her DH. I could have died. She was very friendly and said I was looking great, but I can't even guess what she must have been thinking. I have got to get ahold of myself. Tomorrow is a new day. Dang good thing, too.

So DH bought us our Easter gifts early. We went to Walmart and bought all 5 of us new bikes. Mine is so nice. I am amazed at how hard it was to ride. My legs were SCREAMING at me. I am thrilled to have another way to exercise. The little girls look so cute with their helmets on with their little pink bikes with training wheels.
  • Bobby
    I had problems with the bm thing started taking a super omega 3 from Walmart 3 times a day and that has pretty much solved the problem. My Dr said with all the fruits and veggies it was normal to have problem. Who would think with all the fiber things would stop
  • Katie - New bikes sound great. I haven't been on mine in years - this year it may become an alternative means of activity.

Kristi - Like Katie said, great new picture. I like that this one is much closer.

Lak - Thanks for the advice. I did buy the EFAs from LAWL and have been taking those for a few days. If they don't do the trick I will try the Super Omega 3s. I never intended on buying the EFAs again, but wanted to have the bottle for comparison shopping. I also bought their SlimDown shakes for the same reason. It looks like the Slim Fast Omega shakes (thanks Deets) and both the Wal-Mart and Superstore brands are very similar in nutritional info. Much cheaper too - less than $10 for 6, instead of $16.99 for 4