General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #1  
Mr. Paul

Question The Cortisol Connection Diet - Does it work?

Hello forum members,

I just read this book "The Cortisol Connection Diet" and would like to know your opinion on whether you think it works.

Now I saw that Corti-Slim and Relacore are just anti-anxiety/vitamin formulas and the FDA is not happy with them because of false advertising which one website I saw said made them $50 million dollars.

I fully comprehend that you don't just take a herbal pill and watch the fat melt away. I really do! That is why I am prepared to launch a diet and exercise program and not rely on a "pill" (although my diet will probably incorporate some vitamins and those herbs that are safe for which documentation on real studies actually exist).

That said, if the Cortisol Connection Diet actually works then I would love to get on it. Has anyone actually READ the book and TRIED the program and/or is educated enough to speak on it factually?

Thanking you,

Mr. Paul
Mr. Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:02 PM   #2  
it's always something

I haven't read the book, tried the program, and may or may not be educated enough to speak on it But I don't think there will be many, if any, here that are. We tend to avoid the whole cortisol connection theory because of the reputation of Corti-Slim and similar products, as well as the reputation of Shawn Talbott. From what I understand, this book recommends a series of questionable supplements. For example, they suggest avoiding ephedra, but taking bitter orange. However, bitter orange works like ephedra in the body, and Consumer Reports listed it in the "dirty dozen" of most dangerous supplements.

It's our opinion that to lose weight, we should focus on a healthy diet and exercise program, and avoid diet supplements, other than a good multivitamin or anything our doctor recommends.

Does the diet in the book look balanced, and does it look like something that will fit your lifestyle? If so, then it would probably work for weight loss, even without the supplements. I would suggest showing the plan to your doctor before trying it. There are a lot of diets to choose from, and many are better proven to be safe and effective.

Good luck
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:29 PM   #3  
Mr. Paul

Cool

Thank you for commenting Suzanne 3FC. Yes the whole corti-slim/relacore farce combined with the Cortisol hype has thrown enough mud on the actual Cortisol Connection Diet that I am having trouble finding anyone that really understands it. I agree with you regarding ephedra and bitter orange and do not plan to take either. I think maybe green tea would be good for me as I don't have any heart/high blood pressure/stress issues.

The book appears conservative regarding the taking of suppliments steering you away from the vast majority of them noting that the short-term effects MAY (not are) be beneficial for weight loss but the long term effects are not. Furthermore the author states on page 65 that "the most prudent approach is to completely avoid these herbal stimulants in favor of a balanced approach to promoting weight loss, such as eating several small meals spaced throughout the day ; getting a balanced intake of protein, carbs, fat, and fiber; and participating in regular aerobic exercise plus resistance training --- exactly the plan advocated by the Cortisol Connection Diet."

As a result of all the rip off dream selling lies regarding Cortisol "pills", I am finding it hard to get educated on the actual diet that preceded all the hype. The question still really remains: Does the The Cortisol Connection Diet ACTUALLY work as outlined in the book. Nobody seems to know...

PeAce ,
Mr. Paul is offline   Reply With Quote