Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 5 of 101
Go to
  • Just got back from the gym...today was Day 1 of Week 2...whew! Much better than the first time around. It took around 35 minutes to do the circuits - then I rounded out the hour on the ellyptical. Kicked my butt by the end. Staying at 85% is not an easy feat. I'm still not there - except for the cardio portions. But I'm closer than last week.
    I feel like shouting "look out world!!!!" I feel great...especially after a hot shower
  • Morning all - I did workout I week 2 this morning. I was to start week two yesterday but had to go out of town. Anyway I had two rest days and felt well rested this morning. I simply am physically unable to do many mountain climbers. I was able to do a modified one much like the modified push-up with my hands on the weight bench. I also do a lot of treadmill jacked up to 10 incline at 3.5 mph. for the intervals. There is definitely room for me to grow with this workout. I am just too heavy now to do some of the moves. I did have a good workout. It took abount an hour though I only vaguely timed it. I am going to call some of you superwomen that are making in 35 min. and less and I aspire to be like you. I really don't rest, I take sips of water and occasionally have to clarify my form by looking up an exercise. So while I don't rest, I do take maybe 10 to 15 seconds to catch my breath and regroup some of the time. And it isn't a competition, that is just how it is going for me. I kind of missed doing 3 sets of everything but I am sure I'll adapt and week 3 and 4 will reveal its intricasies as I proceed. I am going out of town for a week and a half and am leaving on Sat. I'll have an opportunity to get all of this week in and will have to figure out some sort of fitness regimen while I am gone so I don't lose ground.
  • Sorry for being MIA. Mr. Red visited yesterday so the whole day was a bust.

Today I did my last circuit training workout for week 3. 60 minutes total with treadmill intervals!

Also cleaned up the outside (heavy pick-up) all morning until now! Phew!
  • Tomorrow is Monday of week 3 for me... I'm excited!! You guys are doing great.
  • Well - I'm not sure where I got the energy from - but I managed to mow the lawn after workout ...now I think I'll return to a horizontal status...week 2 is way better than week 1 - I feel more comfortable (at least in that I don't spend as much time looking everything up)...I am more able to concentrate on upping the weights and form. Still haven't gotten through a whole workout at 85%...I'm more like at 70% most of the time. Also still working on gettig through a whole minute of jumping jacks....for something so low tech they sure kick my butt. I guess I'll find out if I'm doing it all right at weigh in time.
  • Today was my usual day off, but I am dizzy and my eyesight is all oogly. I'm not sure what's up. I'm not sick... just weak and dizzy. Like vertigo, but not too bad.

Maybe I really overdid it yesterday. My calories were low and my exercise was lots. One hour in the morning then about 8 hours outside of heavy lifting.

Oh well, back to bed for me.
  • Hey girls, just finished day 2 week 3. Extra brownie points for me today too. I volunteered to help build a trail and hiked about 3 miles in and out of the work site + chopping, raking, etc. I really thought I'd call that my workout for today but when I got home it was like, you know I want to do it so I can have a rest day tomorrow! Emma sorry your not feeling well, hope tomorrow is better. Gina, ditto on the yard work, makes an afternoon nap look very good.
  • Day 1 week 2 finished up.. I chaned some things because my gym is getting so crowded in the morning, so I upped my speed and added some cardio insterad of just jumping jacks.. I wonder if that matters... Ledom sounds like one **** of a day! congrats on making to the gym! Emma hope you feel better today,
  • Just started
    HI Everyone-

I just got back last night from going out of town for work. So i started week 1 and day 1. WOW is all i can say. I also did 5 min of jogging for a warm up before and 25 min on the bike and 40 min (5 min intervals of + speed) on the treadmill. I feel great. I can not wait till tomorrow for workout 2!!

Has anyone bought a heart monitor to make sure you are at your level? I am bad about taking my pulse during my workouts. Which one is a good monitor? Any advice would help out greatly.

Blond-E
  • I am still sick. I'm not throwing up and I don't have diarrhea, but I'm super weak. The dizziness is gone and my eyesight is fine. I took another day off to be sure. I don't want to miss any of my workouts in week 4.

I hope everyone is feeling better than I am.
  • Quote: Has anyone bought a heart monitor to make sure you are at your level? I am bad about taking my pulse during my workouts. Which one is a good monitor? Any advice would help out greatly.

Blond-E
    I bought a Polar A3 for about $60 at Sports Authority...the only thing I wish it had is a calorie counter...but maybe it's better without because I tend to eat more when I know how many calories I burned in my workout.
    Anyhoo - it is a band that goes pretty much under my bra - very nonobtrusive. Also a watch to monitor, it was pretty easy to set up the watch. There are threads on this site with many people's opinions - if you haven't already do a search for 'heart rate monitor'...

Good luck with Day 2 and beyond!!
  • No laughing allowed....abs hurt...but I'm still kicking! Hope everyone else is well.
  • week 2 day 2 down... I had to rearrange the circuits for the gym because it was sooo darn busy, I still did everything and added some cardio.. but In a different order..
  • Thanks!!
    Gina thank you so much for the info on the heart rate monitor. I am playing catch up since i was out of town for work. And i wanted to get started on the workout, so this weekend i will have to go and get one. I will defintely use the info you gave me. THANKS AGAIN!!

Well today is my day 2 of week 1. I am at work and i feel it in my tighs big time. But it is a good feeling, cause i know these exercises are working. I think it was the lunges that got me. Still loving it. I also did 45 min (ran short on time) on the treadmill where i increased the speed every 5 min.

All the post i read on here. You all are such inspriation to me!! Keep up the great work everyone is doing!!

Blond-E
  • I got a HRM from Radio Shack. I am working there for the holiday season. They only have one model it was $50 and it includes high & low heart rate range with alarm if you go out of your range, it also has a calorie counter. In the past I used what the cardio equipment said for calories, but you wouldn't believe how much lower they actually are on the HRM based on my info than what the equipment says.