Staying Core Clean On Core Board #19!

You're on Page 12 of 20
Go to
  • around 7yrs old. My son is 7 and I cant imagine going thru that
  • Well, that's terrible! I can't imagine someone not being totally hysterical, but I guess some people handle things differently. Maybe she's in shock?
  • I hope because everyone in the family is now accusing her of being the one to do it since they dont understand the story she gave and since she has been having a really hard time lately and now this happens. So because she is not showing any emotions they are thinking she is doing it. Im praying that is not the case and hope everyone can be supportive for her during this time because people do deal with things their own way. I think she is in shock myself.
  • I will certainly keep them all in my prayers -- what a totally tragic thing to happen. I hope you're right about her and it was totally accidental.
  • Done!
    Thanks everyone for the instructions.
  • Anna, what a terrible tragedy. It is important to remember that everyone deals with grief in very different ways. She probably is in shock, and if she feels responsible at all then it would just be that much worse. More than likely she probably is showing emotion--sometime, somewhere. The thought of her having some part of it is just so scary to think about. I hope that's not the case. I hope the family gives her some time to deal with this in her own way before jumping to conclusions. My prayers are with you all, and your whole family, too.
  • Oh, Anna, what a terrible thing to have happen. You and Thomas have my prayers, too. I'll be praying that the Mom had nothing to do with it. I hope your tummy is feeling better this morning. Anna, Melissa is right. Just get back on the wagon with the rest of us. You know we all fall off occasionally. I'm sure the tragedy in your Thomas' family set off some stress eating.

I lost one of my own Great Nephews almost a year ago to a pool drowning. Losing one of your children is one of the worst things I think a parent could imagine. My Niece, whom I'm haven't been close with in many years, is still blaming herself for not supervising her children enough. His drowning made National news so you might of heard of it. He drowned in a pool in an apartment complex that hadn't been opened in many years and was filled with horrible black disgusting water that no one could see through to find him and pull him out. On the 911 tape, all you can hear is my Niece screaming and diving under the water to try to feel for him. Sad. Anna's story brings it all back. Here's one of the stories that ran when it all happened. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122447,00.html Hold all your babies extra close. I worry about kids and pools. Mine has a 3 foot cedar deck fence all around it and the gate is padlocked at all times except for when we are in the pool. My other Niece, with whom I AM close, is taking her 4 year old for swimming lessons. We will do anything we can to avoid another of these tragedies in our family.

Well, sorry to be such a downer! It is just so weird how Anna's story brought it all back. I'm going to spend the day planning meals for next week and looking at sale papers. Hope you all have a great day. I'll probably stop in later.
  • Pearl, I forgot to welcome you! You'll love this board. It's visited by very wonderful and supportive woman who are all struggling with the same monster! Why don't you go to the profile thread and fill out a profile so we can all get to know you. Ours are all there too, so you can get to know us.

Froufie, oh Froufie, where are you Froufie? It's been days! Hope you're well.
  • Oh Vickie, that's so horrible!! Absolutely unthinkable ... I just don't know how people go on after losing a child. I can't think of anything else that gives me chills like when I think of things like this.

Hopefully Frouf's friend leaves soon so she can come back to us! We need reports!

DH and I went to IHOP, then to Home Depot to get toilet fixing parts. He's outside now working on repairing the backyard gate, then will fix the potty, then hopefully will sit and rest. He's still worn out from yesterday -- he worked the pit at a motorcycle race near here. I'm doing laundry til the cows come home, which hopefully will be early enough to get some resting done myself! I also need to sit down with the sale papers and plan my shopping trip and menu for the coming week. I have today thru Tuesday in my head, but need to get it down on paper and posted on the fridge. If I do that, the girls can help out with knowing what to thaw, etc.

I talked to the little one last night; they're still at the coast. She said she and her sister weren't sunburned too badly, but some of the others are. Hopefully mine were smart enough to slather on the sunblock. They head back tomorrow morning but said they were having fun. I think they also got some shopping in yesterday, which of course added to the fun. And her dad bought her gas on the way down, and she said her car was fine ... so what a relief. I can strike another thing off of my worry list.
  • Hey, I have a quick minute to get online before I have to go to work. Vickie the story brought chills down my body. Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom, it is a tragedy and im sure she does blame herself. This is the what she told Thomas last night when he was able to speak with her to find out what happened. She said that they went to a lake and the 2 boys were on the dock and she was in the car. She said that when she was finished doing whatever she was doing in the car that she realized she couldnt find Alpha. She said that she saw him floating in the water and that his little brother must have pushed him off of the dock because she doesnt think he would jump off himself. She said that she didnt jump in the water herself to get him because she cant swim and because he had been in the water for 30minutes. She didnt call 911 either. Thomas has just left to go be with his family, I wish I could go with him, but I cant find any other Managers to cover my shift for me. I hope he can find out more information while he is there. I told him to explain to the family members in question, that just because they dont fully understand her story that they need to let the investigators do their job and they need to make sure they show their support during this horrible time.
  • Good Sunday afternoon.....boy oh boy this IS one busy board...yesterday when I was here, it was page 10 ane now we're on 12 Whewwwwwww.

First I want to say Anna, I am so, so sorry for the lost of this young child. That is the saddess thing imaginable.....May the Peace of the Lord be with his family.
    And Vickie, how horrible for your family too. God we just never know what heartaches our 'friends' have. So very sorry to hear that also.

I don't know either how people go on after losing a child. I saw my own parents deteriate after my brother died and he was 42, complications from his childhood diabeties. But we thanked God for having him as long as we did....So please take care of yourselves everyone!
    She nor my father were NEVER the same. It's just not suppose to be that way.

Oh and on a happier note I am going to try the SFFF Swiss miss thingy
    Only I have to count it as a point, because I could only find the FF not the SFFF...but it sures sounds worth ONE little ole point. See that's what keeps me happy, those LOW pt dee-lish snacks.
    Hey but I aready had a banana today!!! And plan on having 1/2 an Apple.

Sandra what a great story of you and your husband, and how brave to leave the area you know best.. I did the same thing moving from NY to Fla and everyday I still ponder...why did I do that? Frank then reminds me, because of the blizzard of 96....didn't get here till 98 though.
    Sorry also to hear what you went through with Phenphen. Glad we and WW have you now

Angela I understand that FF coopwhip pie is out of this world, and I am also going to try it Sandra's way.....yummie..and yes the recipe board is great. I keep cutting and pasting them and send them to my personal email and print them out. Ya gotta love that!!

Welcome Pearl, you have stumbled upon a the BEST group suppport you will find out there. This is the most active board I have seen...we love to help each other on a daily basis, but sometimes it seems on a minute to minute... I never seem to catch up!!

Kathy glad the girls will be home soon.....it's nice when we can stike something of the worry list. Nice to see you have your menu plan in place.
    That usually works for me too. Have to OR ELSE

Yes indeed, Froufie where are you? We are here for you, you know that, take it from the of the Do-Overs How many times have you heard me say that....some come on....we're here waiting for ya!! But most importantly I hope things are Ok!

Lisa, Cher, Terry, Deborah...........hope all is well out there.........
    "Talk" with you all later....let's keep on keeping on...
  • Vickie I just read the Newsreport...OMG!! I have the chills....poor precious little boy.
  • anna and vickie, i am so very sorry for the loss of this young life and for the sorrow the family and other loved ones are going through. such tragedies.

linda, new york to florida is a big difference just as texas to montana. let us know how you like the pb/cool whip desserts. it is fantastic having so many recipes posted, isn't it?

pearl, welcome to the group. i typed you another welcome last night but lost it in cyberspace somewhere. i'm looking forward to reading your posts.

kathy, i'm glad your dds are having so much fun. shopping and sunbathing. it's a rough life, isn't it? i know you're missing them and are ready for them to get back home. i saw the gazelle advertised this weekend on the tv. i hadn't paid any attention to their ads before i started reading your posts. how do you like yours? we have a treadmill. i'm waiting on a doctor's release (good excuse, eh?) so i can start walking again.

melissa, i'm thinking of you and dh. how did it go this morning? i'm thinking positive thoughts and know he will get this position. it just feels right, doesn't it?

i'm one of the biggest (literally) do-overs. we'll all get to goal eventually if we don't just give up. ain't it great?

to all of you yet to get here--i hope you're out there having fun. i'll be back later to see how you're all doing.
  • Wow, kinda quiet day. I havent' walked on the treadmill yet. I didn't walk yesterday either. Not a good thing. My foot is kinda bothering me. I'm pretty sure I broke a tiny bone, a long time ago. From time to time it gives me trouble. I guess I'll push the podiatrist to look at it/xray it the next time I go to see her.

I'm just here avoiding the treadmill so I guess I should go walk. At least I get to see another of episode of the Gilmore Girls. I'm on Season 3 now and loving it! I don't know what happened in Seasons 4 and 5 so DON'T tell me ok!!!! Jim laughs because I won't even watch the commercials for the current season.

No Terry today either!
  • Whew, it's hot here!! Must be in the mid 90s and I'm about to melt!

DH finished the gate and his dad came over -- they started on the potty. I hear them in there arguing, so I think I'll stay here. I went to the store and got a few things ... okay, like $50 when all I went for was milk and cat litter. And I even forgot the cat litter so I have to go back! I got a really good looking Jenny-O turkey breast that has spices on the outside, two packages of little bacon-wrapped filets, chicken tenders for tomorrow night's cornmeal chicken and some pork chops to grill. We should be set for meat for a while, and then veggies from the Farmer's Market yesterday. The menu is all planned out for the week, right down to my lunches too! Oh I also got the ingredients for that white bean chicken chili (rotel, chicken, white beans, mexi-corn) ... I'll take all the cans to work and mix it up there. It'll more than likely feed me for a week! For now though, I'll add it to my grocery stash because this week will probably be tomato soup, leftovers, or tuna salad.

Back later! Where's our Frouf???