Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 35 of 56
Go to
  • Quote: Hi Seagal, you and I have similar stats and goals...I also started with FF on Tuesday and am on Gold. I thought Id sign in here too since a lot of my posts are going unnoticed on the other part of the board. Maybe its protocol to introduce ourselves here (ooopsss!). Anyway, I'm a married, 33 year old,poud mom of 4 and returning to LAWL after a few months. I had great success on the program before and hope to again!
    Kelli
    Hi Kelli!

Thanks for replying...I, too, am unsure of the protocol for posting. Tell me more...when were you on before and what kind of success did you have? Are you having liking the gold plan because I am starving today and felt zapped of energy all day. I usually work out 3-4 times per week but knew there was no way that was happening due to low energy and a persistent headache. Any tips?
  • Welcome Kelli and Vic!
  • Quote: Hi Kelli!

Thanks for replying...I, too, am unsure of the protocol for posting. Tell me more...when were you on before and what kind of success did you have? Are you having liking the gold plan because I am starving today and felt zapped of energy all day. I usually work out 3-4 times per week but knew there was no way that was happening due to low energy and a persistent headache. Any tips?
    I went from 187 down to 133, it was awesome! I think once your body gets used to the lower calories, you wont feel as hungry. Save your bars or a protein snack for before or after your workout, it should help.
  • Quote: I went from 187 down to 133, it was awesome! I think once your body gets used to the lower calories, you wont feel as hungry. Save your bars or a protein snack for before or after your workout, it should help.
    That is absolutely amazing! How long did it take you? Did you do it after you had a baby? Were you always on Gold and did you work out? Whew...lots of questions! I think that I just need to figure out how to break down my meals where my body will tolerate it. I had a monster headache yesterday and just felt really hungry all day...I actually had an easier time doing the FF on Tuesday and Weds. I have my last appointment this afternoon and am really hoping that I see some results. How many times per week are you weighing in?
  • Hi! I'm Letisha and I started LAWL 2/14/07. I'm a SAHM with 2 little ones. I decided to join LAWL because I was just tired of looking at my body. My DH thinks I look fine but I know for sure that this is not me. I'm not sure when I decided to let such a simple thing as food, change me. But it happened, and I am doing something about it. I like eating and I love to see people eat and be merry. So, not eating when I want to and what I want to is really frustrating to me. I will say, in just the last few weeks on the program, I am learning a lot about myself, as far as my control issues and nutritional knowledge goes. LAWL is probably one of the best things that has happened in my life. I will complain about the program, who wouldn't. But I am in it for life. My goal is to lose just over 100 pounds. I can do it!

ETA: I have decided to only tell my husband and now you guys, my new cyberspace buddies that I have joined a weight loss program. I really don't look my weight and NO ONE ever believes my weight when I tell them...all people know is that I have gotten bigger over the years. :-) I can't wait for the real me to be exposed. :-)
  • Gold with Luna Bars or Purple No Lites....
    I can't make up my mind!

Hello All!
    I'm Julie and I started on LAWL Feb 20th, 2007. I jumped on the scale that day to weigh my DD (waiting for her to reach 20lbs to turn her car seat around) and I nearly tipped the scale at 199.9 with her in my arms. I step off only to learn I'm 180.8! DH does the same only to find out he weighs one pound less than me. The Kicker? I'm 5'4 and he's 6'0! This is the heaviest I've been (beside pregnancies) in my 27 years of life. DH loves me the way I am, and says I'm sexy, but BLECH! I feel terrible - so I drove my butt over to LAWL and signed up. Lites are a rip off to me so they gave me the purple plan and I don't have to eat the Lites (plus I have a hypo-thyroid and I don't want the soy protein to throw off my now-balanced-without-meds-thyroid levels so it was easier for me to tell them NO LITES!) I kept the Gold plan handy though since now I can have the Luna Bars (now that i've discovered Luna Bars at my local Trader Joe's) instead of the Lites...Anyway. I've been on plan two weeks (technically three weeks with one week vacation), and I've lost 7.6 lbs on my WI today. My (I'll-be-happy-with-myself) goal weight is 140 and my ULTIMATE goal weight is 125... More about me: San Diego CA area, Mom to two beautiful girls, work full time and run a side business too. I'm a Marine Wife. I don't care much for water. I find myself hungry at night, and it keeps me up late.... well, no, I stay up late anyway (maybe that's why I'm hungry at night!?) LOL
    Looking forward to posting with you all! Good Luck to everyone!

• Hi ladies- My name is Michele. I have 2 wonderful children 6 and almost 4 and didn't realize pre children I was manageing my weight. Now with children and wanting another one this is something constantly on my mind. More so, I have found when I am not on plan. I started again on Thursday and am doing pretty good. Went to check in today at L. A. but they closed early on Saturdays. I used to be an athlete when I was younger, and realized I can't keep calling myself that???? I do enjoy working out, it is just that I get so stuck in my ways of wanting to work out in a class environment and if I don't I don't go. This is difficult with working p.t. and having two little ones and their activities. I tried a kick boxing class the other day and it was so much fun.(Even for a first timer).
    I hope to consider myself an "athlete" again. I am on my way of making this a priority for my health as well as my families benefit.

Michele
  • Ok I have put this off long enough, I spend all my time on here catching up on posts that I run out of time to put a bio on, so here goes.......

I am 38 years old. Been married for 18 1/2 years. I have 5 kids. girl - 6, girl - 9, boy - 11, girl - 14 and boy - 16. I have been a stay at home mom since the first one was born and just last week started working. I deliver flowers for a florist.

I was skinny my whole single life. I am 5' 7", and was 118 when I got married. after a year of marriage I settled in at 128. after my first baby I needed to lose 30 lbs and lost 20 of it with slim fast and diet pills and then got pregnant with baby number two. after her I weighed 168 and went to Jenny Craig and got back to 128, had baby number 3, then boom baby number 4, and I was up to 178. I went back to Jenny Craig got back down to 142 and SURPRISE! baby number 5. since she was born we have moved from Chicago to Arkansas, My husband has lost both his mother and his father, and he has also lost 4 jobs, the stress has just made it impossible to stay focused, I did try WW for a while lost 30 but then gained it back, started LAWL back in 2004 and lost 30 lbs again but stress took over, and and I couldn't stick to it, and gained 50 lbs. So here I am now at 223. I remember the first time I went to Jenny Craig and was soooooo depressed at weighing 168. I thought it was the end of the world. what I wouldn't give to be 168 now!

But I know this it going to work this time and a big part of that is finding all of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I can't wait to show a loss like some of you have!

Lettie
  • Lettie-

I'm glad I found this site too. It looks like we're in the same boat. I only have 2 children, but want a third. I am really struggling with trying to have the next one and losing some weight first? I have already past that time for my husband for the 3rd. But he is still willing now. I don't want him to change his mind but I'm scared about the whole weight thing. I know both I only gained 0-25 but still struggle with what that weight would be. I am so wanting another another little bundle.... It must be wonderful having a large family.
    I know we need to put ourselves first so we can take care of our families....

Michele
  • Michele, Babies are the most wonderful gift God has given us. I hope you can get number 3 real soon. they truely are a blessing
  • Letisha - I started out just by telling DH also. Once I lost around 25lbs the family started to notice and I fessed up. Welcome and good luck!

Welcome Unmei, Michelle and Lettie. You all have found the best support site on the net!
  • Hi. My name is Shannon. I'm 47 (48 in May), I'm a native Texan and I currently live in Austin. I'm the proud mother of an 18 year old boy with an ever so possessive, insecure and demanding 17 year old girlfriend. Speaking of...is alchohol allowed on LA Weight Loss because she's certainly going to drive me to drink! I began gaining weight when we moved to Austin. No friends, no relatives, nothing to do but eat. I then packed on 30 pounds when I quit smoking the first time. I started smoking again so I could lose the 30 pounds I gained by quitting. So then I was overweight chain smoker. Imagine how please I was with myself. Soooooooooo 8 years ago I actually did quit smoking and subsequently gained an additional 60 pounds. Well once you hit 200 why diet, life is over isn't it? <--- That accounts for the extra 30 and my current eye catching curves. I decided I'd like to be able to take a fllight of stairs again while my joints are still young enough to accomodate the request. I've tried many many diets in my life with little to no success. I know the issue is me as even now I'm unhappy with 5 pounds in 2 weeks. My brain says I'm not eating Mexican food and fried everything so I should have dropped a cool 50 by now are you kidding me with the 5 lbs??!! If I can keep that nay sayer at bay I think I'll make it. I do feel more resolved this time and I like this diet plan. It's something you can live with and not go bankrupt in the process. I have the same attitude now that I had when I finally did quit smoking so chances are good. Taking my queue from the little engine that could..."I think I can, I think I can".

Oh and Star...floral moo-moos aren't figure flattering? This is just not my day.
  • Welcome! I started out bigger than you and if I can do it you can too.
  • Quote: Hi. My name is Shannon. I'm 47 (48 in May), I'm a native Texan and I currently live in Austin. I'm the proud mother of an 18 year old boy with an ever so possessive, insecure and demanding 17 year old girlfriend. Speaking of...is alchohol allowed on LA Weight Loss because she's certainly going to drive me to drink! I began gaining weight when we moved to Austin. No friends, no relatives, nothing to do but eat. I then packed on 30 pounds when I quit smoking the first time. I started smoking again so I could lose the 30 pounds I gained by quitting. So then I was overweight chain smoker. Imagine how please I was with myself. Soooooooooo 8 years ago I actually did quit smoking and subsequently gained an additional 60 pounds. Well once you hit 200 why diet, life is over isn't it? <--- That accounts for the extra 30 and my current eye catching curves. I decided I'd like to be able to take a fllight of stairs again while my joints are still young enough to accomodate the request. I've tried many many diets in my life with little to no success. I know the issue is me as even now I'm unhappy with 5 pounds in 2 weeks. My brain says I'm not eating Mexican food and fried everything so I should have dropped a cool 50 by now are you kidding me with the 5 lbs??!! If I can keep that nay sayer at bay I think I'll make it. I do feel more resolved this time and I like this diet plan. It's something you can live with and not go bankrupt in the process. I have the same attitude now that I had when I finally did quit smoking so chances are good. Taking my queue from the little engine that could..."I think I can, I think I can".

Oh and Star...floral moo-moos aren't figure flattering? This is just not my day.
    Shannon,
    Just the fact that you thought about, got in your car, got weighed, signed up and have two weeks (and a five pound loss!) under your belt is huge. Stick with it! Just think how great it will feel at 20 pounds. You are changing your life. Good for you.
  • Just started back on LAWL on Monday!
    Hi everyone! My name is Jill, I'm 40 years old and live in NJ. I'm so glad I found this forum, because I really feel the official LA site is definitely lacking in content. I originally signed up for the program in May of 2004. Spent 700 bucks on weeks, etc. and then they tried to sell me 1000 bucks worth of bars. So right off the bat I was quite annoyed. I lost about 27 lbs., but then started to stray off program. My uncle passed away in October and in reaction to all the stress I binged my way to a 50 lb. weight gain. I was going to try Jenny Craig but realized I would not last long eating only JC food, so I pulled out my info on LAWL and figured I'd give it a try. I found a new center in the area, and when I went in to pick up some bars, cheese curls, etc. the woman I spoke to was wonderful. She gave me updated copies of the purple plan (which I am on now) and a copy of the red plan, just in case I didn't want to use the bars. I started Monday and I am down 4.4 lbs. in 4 days. I'm doing cardio everyday too. I only did the takeoff juice for 1 day. Figured 1 was better than none. Anyway,again I am so happy to have found this community and look forward to getting to know everyone.