Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 28 of 56
Go to
  • Welcome! Join us in the friends and loser thread. This is an awesome site for support, recipes, etc!
  • Welcome Megan! And welcome Firemeup!
  • Welcome Megan and Firemeup! I am sure you will love it here...
  • Hello everyone!!

I am so glad I found this message board. What a great buddy system you have here to share and count on each other for. I restarted LAWL 12/1 and hope to lose 50lbs by the end of April for a wedding. I started at 220 and lost 5 lbs the first week. I turned 50 this year and I live with a wonderful 140 lb man who is so muscular and only a 30 inch waist. He's really supportive of my wl efforts I never know what Sugar free or low fat product he'll be bring home from the store now. I also have 2 grown children, a daughter 24 and a son 21 and Matt has a 26 year old daughter that is a single mom of a 6 year old and a 25 year old bride to be who is a size 0. I am trying to lose 80lbs - that will put me at 140. I've tried every diet out there in the past, but find that I usually give up after about 2 months. I have just let myself go - my blood pressure and chlosterol levels are both higher then average so here I come!!!
  • Welcome Irish Lori (I'm calling you that because we like to call our friends by their real names around here, but we already have a Lori on the board).

You have definitely come to the right place. Join us in the Losers and Friends thread for our daily chatter. Read the newbie thread for some information, and just jump in and ask us anything or contribute your own experiences. I look forward to getting to know you.
  • Thanks Cassi. Irish Lori is quite appropriate since my birthday is St Patty's day and I do have red hair and freckles.
  • LOL. Mine's not until 9/3, but I have red hair and freckles too!
  • Welcome Irish Lori! (Cassi that fits nicely) You have found a wonderful place with knowledgable LAWL participants. Glad you are here!
  • Roll call! (bio's)
    Hello all, my name is Donisha, and I am 25 years old. I have 3 beautiful kids (Da'Jeon, Damon, and De'Avai), and a fantastic dh. I work in the IT field so I am normally on my behind all day, and I am normally in school..lol. Professional student I guess. I actually graduated with my B.S in August and will be going for my M.A starting next month. I am excited about that.

I have never been a small person, but I was built well (mostly from a lot of physical training in highschool). I was about 160 after having my first daughter, and I ended up getting on the shot, and just balloned from there. I gained about 80lbs off the shot alone. I then got off of it and got pg again with my son, lost all of that, but I was still about 237. Then I just had another baby 1 year ago (12/06/2005).

So when I started the diet on Sunday 12/9/2006 I weighed in at 248.4 (OMG, I wanted to cry). I started the FF program on Sunday and since have lost (according to home scale) about 9lbs of water weight (any kinda weight I lose at this point is good for me). I hope I can stick to the diet this time, I lost 25 lbs in 3 months the first time I joioned LAWL in Jan 2005, guess I was looking too good for the hubby, so he knocked me up...lol.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and good luck on your weight loss.
  • Welcome Donisha! Sounds like you have your hands full between work, school and 3 kids. We're a pretty busy bunch around here too. Join us over in the Losers and Friends thread and get to know us!
  • Yay! Donisha and I are actually doing this together...you can bet we'll keep on top of each other with this!
  • Meagan and Donisha! Welcome! Come join us in the losers and friends thread.
  • Wecome to all of the new chickies!!! Come and play in the losers and friends thread. It can be a bit overwhelming at times with all of the chatter, but just jump right in. The more the merrier!!!
  • Wow, I just noticed that Meagan and Donisha are both here in MO!!! That makes 4 of us from MO..........cuz Michelle (Mickey Sue) is in Jeff City area. Meaga and Donisha.........do you know each other in real life????
  • Hi to all you L.A. Chickies!
    Well I am not exactly a newbie as I was on L.A last year and had great results but I faced some setbacks this past year but I am back with a vengeance! I love these challenges that you guys do here...very motivating and you seem like a great group.

I am starting this Sunday with TO so wish me luck!

Talk to you all soon!

Ciao,
    Lisa