Who eats cold cereal???

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was wondering who eats cold cereal....phase 2 legal? Is there such a thing? And what do you eat? (Ruth don't you dare say FRANKENFOOD!!)
  • Cold Cereals (with suggested serving sizes)
    Uncle Sam Cereal (1 cup)
    Kellogg's All Bran Original (1/2 cup)
    Post Shredded Wheat & Bran (1 1/4 cup)
    Kellogg's All Bran Extra Fiber (1/2 cup)
    Post Bran Buds (1/3 cup)
    Post 100% Bran Cereal (1/3 cup)
    General Mills Fiber One (1/2 cup)
    Kashi Good Friends (2/3 cup) (original, not Cinna-Raisin Crunch)
    Kashi GoLean (3/4 cup) (original, not Crunch)
  • I eat Corn Bran. I try to eat it only a few days a week, when I am on phase 2. Right now I am doing 1 1/2, the only carbs I added back are fruit and no bread like things.
  • Corn bran is listed as very high GI in the SBD book. I left it at work but I think the GI was like 101 or something.
  • Well, I'd avoid corn bran but I do eat the cold cereals listed in the second post.
  • Ruth???????????
    Do you have a fever? I really am disappointed. I would have thought that you thought cereal to be too processed?

Thanks for the ideas. I love Kashi. You can let that stuff set for a half an hour and come back to it and it's still crunchy! Amazing stuff.
  • Hey Ruth........
    Also CONGRATS ON THE ONDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Congrats Ruth on your weight loss. Must of missed that one.

• poo...... I guess I will have to find another cereal, good thing I don't have a box in the cupboard.
  • Islander, I'm surprised that Kashi Good Friends made the list...it has organic cane juice, if I remember right.

Cheerios are also allowed, and Special K's Low Carb cereal seems to fit SBD rules as well.

I don't tolerate starches well for breakfast, but DH has cereal each morning.

Actually, RN, cold cereals were marketed as health food, back in the day! Good ole' cornflakes!
  • Anybody know if Grapenuts might fit?
  • Well, I must confess that the only cold cereal I eat is GM Fiber One - sometimes with yoghurt and sometimes in a fibre shake. I've tried the others betimes. I really need to keep my fibre grams 20-30 per day and F1 is the way to do it. Lately I've been eating Red River cooked cereal with milk, cinnamon and sometimes apple.
  • looks like it is going to be cherrios for me. Do the multi grain ones fit in the plan??
  • guidelines for cereal is 6 or more grams of fiber and 8 or less grams of sugar per serving

• I have been eating Special K low carb lifestyle. It has a nice taste and it fills me up for the morning.