Chit Chat #100

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Morning Chickies~

Pam~you are right...sometimes as hard as it is we just have to walk away and let them figure it out on their own. I forgot that you had asked about history about houses. Our house is a history in the making sort of... we bought it new. I think it is cool tho when a house has a history except death. I could never live in a house knowing someone died in it-would freak me out.

Ellen~I hope you get to feeling better. How are the kitties doing grandma?

Katy~I had two friends who also had 10 lb. babies-OUCH! Pam is tall but was small and while pregnant gained 70 lbs. Looked like she was having triplets. And Lynda also gained 70 lbs and her DD was closer to 11 lbs. They had to take her as she was having complications. The last month she couldn't even walk her legs and feet were so swollen she couldn't put shoes on. But little 110 lb Pam had hers natural-ouch again! Mine were 8 lbs. 15 oz. and smaller. I will post some pics as soon as I finish off a roll of film. I am loving the green. I can actually go in the rooms and not be blinded by the sun anymore.

Jane~I will send my new numbers. I have never smelled Blue. I am going to have to pay a visit to Dillards just to smell Blue and Paris. I so don't go far from the perfume counters to smell anything else since I am usually after only one! It's been a while since DD and I have just gone to the perfume counters and smelled everything and looked at the make-up and polish and such. We all, DD, me and my mom went one day and did that and while there me and my mother had a makeover-that was fun. Anyway...hope you and Neal have a fun time tonight which I know you will.

Someone mentioned John Candy and Uncle Buck! I love hime and that movie. I really need to get a collection of movies together. I just saw Uncle Buck twice last week along with Planes, Trains and Automobiles-two of my favorite movies with him. Oh and The Great Outdoors! Gotta love Dan Aykroyd, John Candy and Steve Martin.

I too am glad this year is over-bye, bye to 2004 and HELLO 2005! Not that 2004 was a bad year for me except for losing weight. In all other aspects it was a good year. But time to ring in the new and get down to business. It's weird tho for me because I can't believe how fast the year flew by. It doesn't seem like it will be a year that we have lived here.

Have a good day and fun night ladies!
  • HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE
    Hi everyone, so we are coming into a New Year tonight and I hope its a wonderful one at that , I wish for everyone love, health, happiness, and a prosperous New Year. I have enjoyed coming here for the past months, and I have gained so much more than I ever imagined . I would like to thank you for all the thoughtfulness , kindness, and generousity, you have shown to me. I am looking forward to the beginning of a better Year for myself , since we make our own happiness , I will be looking inside myself to try and find some. I look forward to the challenges and successes I hope to acheive, , and I wish the same for all of you. I will be back to catch up later,time to check on the wee ones.
  • Hiya ladies,

Ellen - no, I won't look like that - her body's better than mine, and I'll have my shoes off! You are so right that we make our own happiness. Others can try to hurt us, but it's how we respond to their actions that matters. It took me FOREVER to get that down pat.

Cristi - I had a couple of fragrances that I liked a lot, but when I got this one in a magazine flap, I knew it was for me! But perfume smells different on different people, you know. I'll have to check out Eternity, too. 2005 will be the year you get to goal, Cristi. Hopefully, it will be for me, too. Once my face catches up, I intend to lose about 20 pounds more. 2004 was great for me weight-wise, but there sure was a lot that happened in the family! Yikes! My blessings still outweigh the grief, thankfully.

Pam - glad you are ready to focus on yourself instead of your sister who doesn't seem to want help yet. When she does, I know you'll be right there. In the meantime, maybe we can all send up some prayers for her.

Well, ladies, I got everything done that I intended to do today. Except paint my fingernails. Gonna do that in a few minutes...

Auld Lang Syne and I'll see ya next year!!!
  • You are so right Jane. There was a girl when I was going to night school that asked me what I was wearing and she said she thought that's what it was 'cause her mom wears it too. She thought it smelled so good but said it smelled bad on her. So yeah...everyones chemistry is different and what smells good on one doesn't mean it will smell good on another-or will be different. And yes I am thinking 2005 will be the year for my weight loss.

Ellen~had to laugh at the pic...cute.

Well, just wanted to check in for a few minutes to wish every one a happy fun holiday. Be safe and have a fun evening whatever you do.

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES!!!!

• The best is yet to come!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

BTW: Auld Lang Syne means: Old Long Ago.

(Just a little trivia thrown in!)

Love,
    carree
  • Happy New Year!!!!!

From Marti, James, & Jhanai
  • Here we are at the dance last night. I didn't wear my pink sweater because when I lifted my arms (as putting them around my sweeties neck to dance) it was too short, and I kept wanting to yank it down. So I wore the lavendar one, instead. Got to wear my new bracelet with it. Also had on lavendar and pink toe socks, lol. See my hat? It's backwards!! The other side is all colorful and sparkly! After several beers, though, who cares? I ate too much, and partied hardy!

Photo deleted.

Ellen - I like lingerie too! Always tried to have matching sets, and now it sure is a lot easier to find them. Your new set sounds like heaven!

To the others - happy new year! Do any of you have traditional foods that you eat on this day? I alsways have cabbage, and there's some shredded in my vegetable soup.

Be back later.....
  • Good Morning. I'm up and watching preparade stuff. So glad Amelie got the hang of it.I'm a tiny bit jealous remembering what fun kittens are to have around.Perfume,ummm. I remember that stuff. Haven't thought about wareing any in so long.I didn't feel good about myself so why draw attention?I remember my mother wore Channel no.5. I always thought of it as luxurious.I think I'll ask for some next x-mas.I gave up dating about 13 yrs ago.I have terrible taste in men. I was married to my son's father for 12 awful years. He was abusive and an alcoholic. Then after the divorse there were a couple sour relationships. I think one reason I stopped caring about how I looked and gained weight was due to not wanting male attention. Now I'm caring about myself and want to lose weight for me not so I can attract a man. I'm happy by myself. I do what I want when I want, No drama,no trama.
  • Okay...let's try this again! Was in the middle of a post and AOL threw me off.

Happy New Year and good morning ladies~

Ellen~it's okay to talk about your lingerie. Who doesn't like pretty lingerie? I will have to see what Paris is like. I am so used to Eternity I probably won't change for a long time but ya never know. As far as how much weight I want to lose I am aiming for a little over 50 pounds. I have seriously been rethinking that though. That was my ultimate goal but I am starting with some smaller goals first then will go from there. Who knows...I may lose 30 and decide I look and feel fine about myself. I know what ya mean about worrying about the kids. I was worried my son (DS#2) was going to go out with friends but thankfully he didn't. Not that I don't want him going out and having a life. I am just afraid he will be drinking and have one too many.

Jane~nice pic of you and Neal. Hope you guys had a wonderful time. About traditional foods...don't really have any. Years ago my mother always said it was good luck to eat blackeyed peas with ham on New Years, supposed to bring good luck so we always had that. Don't know if it is a southern thing, or I thought it was but people here do it also. I actually fixed it a few years during my first marriage but that's it. We don't have a special dinner or anything.

Hope everyone had a nice New Years Eve. We did nothing. Well, read some, watched some movies and actually did stay up to ring in the new year. People all around us were doing fireworks and come midnight WOW! What a show we saw on our deck. It was BEAUTIFUL! We left our Christmas lights on all night. Not sure why I started doing that but do it on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. V and I did have a glass of sparkling cider to ring in the new year. Anyway, that was our night.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
  • Hi Pam~I like that "No drama, no trauma" Sorry to hear about the relationships. But know what ya mean about the dating. I grew tired of it also-was single for 7 years before meeting DH. That's good that you want to lose for yourself and not someone else. I was the opposite. I was widowed after a 12 year marriage and lost about 40+ pounds and kept it off, not for the sake of meeting men but because I felt a lot better and thought I looked good too! But I started gaining a little with DH#2, actually gained some before we married. Then another tragedy in 2000 and that's when I really just let myself go. I quit caring about anything and everything, well, except my kids. Still dealing with it at times but I can't believe I let myself go to this. Guess too when I got married (both times) I just get so comfortable with my SO that I don;t pay attention to myself. But I am tired of it and this year plan on doing something about it! Anyway...wanted to say Hi since I saw you had posted while I was typing away. Hope you have a great day!
  • Happy New Year ladies!!

It was a quiet evening in the house last night. Lots of fireworks outside though!!

James got called last night for a job at 11:30!! (he only had 1/2hr before his call window would have been closed!) So right after it hit midnight and I got a quick kiss....he had to leave. Felt bad since he didn't get any sleep before going to work and he's STILL not home. (hope he got a cat nap on the train)

Did any of you notice that New Years Eve celebrations are a combination of 4th of July and Halloween?? All the sparkly lights lighting up the sky and many people dressed up in costumes? Very interesting....wonder why I never noticed before....

This one will be a quick one for now as I'm in the middle of cleaning up my house and getting laundry done and anything else that is noisy so James can sleep today....I'll be back later to do individuals....

Oh...as for what we eat.........it has been Beans & Ham soup the last few years. James makes the BEST!! So that is our New Years Eve--New Years Day meal.

Ok...off I go until later on.

Hugs your way!!
  • Back again ladies...

Have a question for anyone who has done any decorating. Has anyone done any stencils on the wall? And how hard or easy is it to do? Went and looked at borders at lowes yesterday and didn't see anything I liked or what exactly I am looking for. I don't know what it is but when I see it I will know. Going to look at Home Depot sometime soon and possibly some other stores, where I don't know yet. But was flipping thru some magazines and say some stencils and thought that might even be better than a border.

Ellen~(((((HUGS))))) to your DD. I hope nothing happened. Your dd sound like mine-she is quiet also although we talk a lot. Sometimes she tends to keep a lot to herself. I am hoping your DD is all right. Well, at least DS and friends were considerate to be quiet. Remember when we were that age? Oooooo, so long ago for me...DS didn't go out last night. I was worried he would. I am such a worry wart and wish I could turn it off sometimes. I guess that is part of being a mother.

Marti~oh poor James...those hours have to suck sometimes. I hope he did catch a nap on the train. So does he just wait around for a call and then head out the door? Or does he have a set schedule? Guess I am not clear on how his job works. Gotta be fun though working on the trains. Does he just go local also? I haven't seen anyone dress up other than the hats but the fireworks get crazy around here sometimes. We had our own show in the back of our house and it was really pretty. Of course Ernie dog gets scared and he went under the bed fast.

Anyway...I'm outta here again. Trying to get laundry done and some reading. I am going to finish my book today if it kills me! Then start another of course. See ya...
  • Back only for a moment...I've got some cramps that are just killing me and the couch is calling my name. (and some IBprofin and water)

James ended up getting home at 4:30!! Now how is that for long hours? Pain in the butt I say. He's in bed now and is wanting me to wake him at 10:00 so he doesn't get too much sleep before tomorrow.

Oh...here I go on babbling.....

I'm going to lay down, that is if Jhanai will let me have an hour to myself.....

I'll try and do individuals next time.
  • Back again...just can't stay away. Funny when I am on 15 times a day no one else is around and when you all are on seems I am busy. Oh well...just seeing if anyone posted since I posted last. I really need to get a life!

Marti~hope you got to lay down for a while.

Well, going to go to Mass today and who knows what else. Probably won't be around for a couple of days so have a good weekend, what's left of it and a better Monday everyone. See ya
  • Hold on a sec... hop on over to #101