Guess what? I'm new...

• Hey all... I am new. My SN is Candy, and I am a 28 year old full-time college student, with a husband and two daughters (6&4).

I am starting out at 220 pounds! Yikes! Once apon a time, when I joined the Air Force, I weighed in at 115 pounds on my 5'5" frame... But I do not expect, nor want, to get down that low. I want to weigh 130 pounds, so I have a whopping 90 pounds to loose. I take comfort in the fact that I will look good around 160, so that is "only" 60 pounds away! lol.

Anyway, I am starting after this week. I need to buy the book so I will know what I am doing. Phase I should be interesting for me since I was a vegetarian up until 3 weeks ago... I am REALLY a carb and sugar FREAK (especially chocolate)!!!

My husband is deploying to Iraq this month. He will be gone at least 6 months, so I would LOVE to lose as much as this plan and myself will allow by the time he gets back! Maybe I could convince Oprah to come and tape the reunion to capture his reaction! Lol.

Well... I am excited to be here... Give me your wisdom!

C
  • Welcome Candy! It will be wonderful to greet your husband in 6 months with a new body. You have definetly picked the right diet. I have been beaching for about 6 months and lost 55 so you could get to that 160 before he gets home for sure.
  • Welcome aboard! Thanks to you and your husband for serving! Woohoo! Sounds like you have a plan already in place and that is one of the major steps! Lot's of info here. See ya in the daily!
  • Candy, welcome to the Beach!! What a great motivation for you!
  • Welcome! That's the second best reason I've ever heard to lose weight! The first is for yourself, of course.
  • Welcome to the Beach, Candy!
  • Thanks everyone...

Out of curiosity, how much have you all lost since starting SB? I noticed that some of you have lost a great deal, and I am wondering how much of that was lost on just this program. Also, how long did it take to lose what you have so far?

C
  • I've lost 45 pounds on South Beach since I started on May 22nd. I only lost 4 pounds in phase 1 since I was already on a diuretic so I didn't have water weight to lose.