Singles Supporting Singles #2

You're on Page 9 of 13
Go to
  • Quote: Yesterday must have been a day for tone to completely fail to come through on the boards!
    I had no clue what you meant by that when I first read it earlier this afternoon! LOL I wasn't following the vegetarian thread on the other site cuz it's about kids and I tend to stay out of those cuz I don't have kids. But I got bored and was just now catching up on stuff I hadn't read and WHOA!!!! I about fell off my chair when I finished reading that thread. Then I knew what you meant by your comment HERE about tone. hehe
  • hi
    hey singles!thought i'd drop by to say happy holidays! i am leaving for florida friday morning. i have a lot of business to take care of while i'm there. i don't do much at nite time so i will try to stop in.

while i am there i intend to get mind back to the right thinking. this holiday season has been an especially bad one for me and i am using food for comfort. i recognize the problem, now i just have to conquer it.

btw...pizza is my biggest downfall also. i won't order a whole one to bring home. if i want it, i stop by my favorite place and get 2 slices to go. that is the only way i can do it. if the whole pizza comes home i would eat at least half of it. on the brighter side, pizza is much better for you than burger king, mcdonald's, etc.... i have no problem with those places because i luckily just don't care for them.

have a great holiday!
    kathy
  • Well kids, I'm heading to Delaware in the a.m. and am not sure I'll get back here before then, so I want to wish everyone a marvelous holiday. Here's hoping that there is less of all of us in 2005 (except those who are already at goal, of course hehe).

Thank you for your support in the time that I've been here.
  • mmm this place is quiet guess everyone got legless at christmas then apart from me cos i have the bloody flu!
  • hi
    hi singles! checking in from florida. it's not very warm here this weekend, but they are predicting it to get better and warmer tomorrow.

slimmingsi- sorry about your flu bug. hope you feel better soon!

i don't do much at nite here so i will check back soon!
    kathy
  • hi
    hi singles! weather is looking better for the rest of the week! i hope all is well with everyone.

kathy
  • Hello! I got back from Delaware yesterday. OY! My friends there are usually so supportive with the healthy cooking--well, not this time. I guess they figured "Hey, it's our Christmas too!" and I can't blame them. So I arrive on Xmas Eve and dinner is basically a fried and processed buffet of finger foods. Fried mozzarella cheese sticks, what were probably originally fried and then frozen and baked empanadas, fried jalapeno poppers, BBQ shrimp & scallops with bacon and BBQ sauce and, bless them, a small veggie tray. Given that selection of food and given that I was hungry, damage was going to be done, but I think I held the line on it pretty well. I ate a lot of baby carrots and grape tomatoes but also had some of the fatty stuff.

My other major problem over the holiday weekend while in Delaware were the amazing chocolate chip cookies on a platter in the middle of the table every day. YIKES! Choco chip cookies are one of my favorite foods in the universe and, well, you all know how I am about chocolate! hehe Well, I had too many cookies over the course of the weekend but I didn't just pig out and eat the whole plate so that's something! hehe I also took my exercise DVDs with me so I could make sure and get some activity while there.

It looks like I picked up about 1/2 a pound over the weekend but I will have a better idea of it after tomorrow's weigh-in.
  • Bumping our thread back up to page one.
  • BUMP - Hello, hello, hello? Echo, echo, echo.
  • Hello all....

I've been active on the boards here for about a month, but just stumbled upon this singles group. Hoping I can join in order to get some support from people also living the single life.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year! Be smart!!!
  • Welcome, kjk! Love your weight meter (whatever you call that!).

Happy New Year, Singles!!!! Here's to all of us being successful at being healthy and happy in 2005!!
  • Hello singles! I've been a member of 3fc for a while, but I don't post a lot. I figured that I would join one of these groups and it would be more of an incentive to post, and more of an incentive to do better also.

Quick intro of myself.. I'm 25 years old, single of course, and a triple major at the university of Iowa... but I hope to graduate in a year and a half. I am currently about to cancel an appointment to have gastric bypass this June because I have decided that it's not an acceptable solution, and I will go back to a strict regimen of diet and exercise.

So, glad to be here, and hope to talk to you all regularly.
  • Quote: I am currently about to cancel an appointment to have gastric bypass this June because I have decided that it's not an acceptable solution, and I will go back to a strict regimen of diet and exercise.
    WOOHOO!!!!!! You go, Niksa! That's not to say I think it is WRONG to have gastric bypass, but I am just supporting your decision to NOT...I have heard from many folks that, even after the expense and pain of surgery (not to mention permanent changes to your body!), you still have to learn to eat right and exercise anyhow...so why not do it that way from the start!?? Congratulations on your decision and best of luck in 2005!

Welcome to the singles thread...it's been really dead over the holidays but I'm hoping that people will start drifting back "home" as things get back to normal with the new year.
  • hi
    hi singles! welcome niska and kjk! glad you can join us. i am a regular poster,but i am still on vacation till next tuesday. i will post more then.

sheriva - as i said i am still in florida. i return next tuesday so i will be back to posting regularly then. i've given up on the eating thing here. it's next to impossible with my mom. we spend most of the evening at the hospital with my dad then stop somewhere at 8pm to eat dinner. she doesn't cook much.
    update on my dad - he has slight improvements which gives up hope for the future. when i get back i don't think i'm going to want to eat anything. i have to go rejoin ww too asap.

well, just thought i'd drop in. i will be back to yack next week. take care!
    kathy
  • hi
    hi singles! bringing us back to the front. not much to do today and i got a little sun this morning so i'm hanging out inside and i'm bored so i thought i'd check in.

have a good sunday!
    kathy