Hiya! I'm new!

• Hello!

My name is Barb -- I'm the mother of two (Aerin and Keillyn, 7 and 4 yrs old) and wife to Donald (for lo these many many years -- 17 so far). I'm an engineer for a small chemical company. I have about 170 lbs to lose (I've lost ~70 so far) but I've been fighting the same twenty pounds back and forth since the beginning of the year.

My doctor recommended the South Beach diet and I've picked up the book and the cook book to start the research side. I'm planning on putting the whole family on the diet (trying to talk my "Atkins" parents and my younger sister into it) including my husband Da Vegetarian. I've looked around a little on the web but I haven't found very much on doing the first two weeks Veggie Style. Any ideas/resources?

Many thanks,

Barb
  • Barb, welcome to the Beach!
    Have you checked the FAQ and recipe sections? You could also do a search in the South Beach section for vegetarian...
  • Welcome and congrats on your loss so far. That is amazing!!

Glad you are joining us on the beach!!
  • Welcome!!!
  • Jump on in ! You will find plenty of support here. Here's to a healthier you!
  • Welcome, Barb! I'm also Barb. There are lots of good vegetarian recipes in the recipe forum. My husband was just asking me last night to stop serving beans so much. I wish he would eat healthier. I think the Eggplant Pizzetta recipe was in the cookbook. You could leave the Canadian Bacon off the pizza topping for your husband and then it would be vegetarian.
  • Welcome!
    Welcome. Get cozy. Its so much easier when u've got support!
  • Hi Barb! Welcome!!
  • Welcome Barb....the water is just fine! You'll love the beach!
  • Welcome to The Beach, Barb. Remember that soy products can be used to replace meat on Phase 1.
  • Hi Barb ,
    Welcome. You'll find a lot of great information here. Keep up the terrific work.

Doreen
  • Welcome Barb and all the other newbies that have pulled up a beach chair in the last few days.
  • Thanks for the welcome! I have looked around and found a two really good threads for vegetarians (in addition to the great recipes you've got here!): one at the Prevention site and one on http://groups.msn.com/SouthBeachDiet...arianroom.msnw
    where a young lady posted an plan for the first week with shopping list. Now I've 50+ pages of recipes to go through!

I've got my mom convinced (she and Dad are on Atkins) and working on my sister.

Thanks again! This is great!
  • Wonderful to meet you -- this is the place for healthy success. Our total family loss -- 3 adults -- is 62 pounds since Easter!
  • Welcome to SBD.