Weekly Check-In 6/20-6/26

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • and hugs and thoughts right back at ya, skippy

Sometimes it does good to share, though.
  • Blah
    Well, it turns out my MIL did have another stroke. They just figured that out today. AND, she's having kidney issues and they've found clots in her legs.

We have a trip all ready lined up for a week from today, so that's good. It's just so crazy. She was making progress, was supposed to go home yesterday and now this crap. She's in the hospital once again. DH is about to explode with anger and sadness over it all (she also had a crappy doctor thing happen today, too, which really set him off). I am at a loss as to what to do - I freaken wish I could just make it all better. That's the control freak in me.

So, as I am ready to burst because I am so pissed off that I have no control, a little bird (oh, hi there HP) reminds me that I never did in the first place. So here comes the recitation of the serenity prayer over and over again. And some tears.

I'm now in an online meetings and talking to a possible new sponsoree. Grabbing at the program full force, because without it I'd be in the fridge.

Thanks for letting me share.
  • (((Kat))) -- Honey, I'm so sorry that your MIL and your family are going through this right now! I know how frustrating and devastating this can be. (My mom was an ER nurse when she suffered a massive stroke on her way home from work one morning 8 years ago. It was such a frightening time!) My heart and prayers go out to all of you! Keep us updated when you can!

Hugs,
    Christy
  • Kat(oxo), really sorry to hear about you going through such a difficult time

Keep us updated how it's going for you when you are able.

Love & Prayers,
    skippy
  • Oh, Kat, I'm so sorry!! And I understand your DH's frustration with the doctors - we had a serious issue with my MIL's before she passed. But HP is in control. I'll pray for her and for you and Trey.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately - just about everytime I try to get into the forum, I get a DLL error and have to reboot. Don't know what it is. I probably need to reinstall windows or some such crap. If any of you 'puter geniuses have any advice, I'd love to hear you.

I'm doing okay - got back on the exercise wagon this week. Instead of waiting for naptime, I'm doing it first thing after breakfast and letting the kids play around me. DS's attention span is about ready for that, although I had to pull him away from my step a few times this morning.

Eating has been pretty good. Still just trying to abstain from eating between meals. And trying to stay away from the scale, 'cause that makes me totally neurotic!

Love you all - have a good weekend!
  • Tracy - It must be in the air, because my computer at home completely spazzed out on me last night!

BTW, I went and saw "Super Size Me" last night. It was very well done and I think did a good job of bringing the neurological causes of addiction into the mix.