The Race to 199! Join Us!

You're on Page 11 of 293
Go to
  • Hello --

I just wanted to update since I'm a bit slow. Thanks for the words, Jenn. Heh heh my Jim and your Tim LOL. Jim is 6'3 and 300 pounds. He's built kinda big, not a thin boy at all and he looks best around 250. Tim sounds so thin! I remember when Jim came back from basic training and he was down to 220 and he looked so emaciated!

We're all different!

You are just around the corner from ONE-derland...in the next week or so! I can't wait til I'm in that neighborhood! I would like to be there in August...just in time for cute fall clothes, my favorite time of year! I won't have to wear baggy sweaters, but cute clingy ones like I used to! I have this size 14 wool plaid jumper from the Limited that Jim bought for me back in 1999...I was around 185...I would like to wear that this winter...who knows...
  • Ok Here’s my story…..

This time last year I was a nice size (the scale numbers were a bit high, but hey I’m 5’10). I recently went through a bit of stress and gained all of the weight I lost two years ago back. I don’t want to be skinny just satisfied with the way I look in clothes. I have just recently been diagnosed as a Type 2 Diabetic and have learned that my metabolism has seriously slowed down. I have an event to go to July 4th weekend and am aiming to loose at least 15lbs.
  • Hi All - I posted here a couple of times early on in the thread and have since slacked off, I regularly post on another daily thread and just forget to come here, so I was checking in and reading through all of your posts!

Sounds like all of you are doing so well, so many of you sooooooooooooo
    close to Onederland, and let me tell you it is so nice to be there...I initially posted here when I hit Onederland and have been going down in pounds ever since...it is funny because I worked so hard to get to Onederland and thought that would be so great when I got there, that I would be so satisfied...but now all I do it sit around and say "I really need to get into the 180's, I am not gonna feel good about myself until I get there"...I guess it just changes as you go down in weight, not satisfied until you get down to that goal...my goal is 135 but right now I would be estatic with 160 at this point, wouldnt we all?

Keep up the great work all and have a great weekend!!!!
  • Hello All!Sorry I haven't bene on in a while, but school just ended for the semester and it was work, work, work till the end...and of course my body is suffering. Not to mention this hot sticky weather is making me feel just wonderful :-p anyway, tomorrow it os back to the grind and back to the race to 199. I think I have gained a little since I last posted, I tried on a pair of Khakis today that used to be tight, and well, now they aren't, so hopefully I am going to get out and walk tomorrow in the AM and I am going to try low-sodium recipies. I know that I get a little bloated around that time, which is soon, so maybe that will help me shed a little of the water weight, so if anybody knows any good recipes that are quick I would love to read them! Thanks and good luck to all!
    Kim
  • Girlie- Tim is sooo thin! He has a high metabolism, don't we all wish we could be soo blessed Thanks so much for the encouragement! You will be there soon enough... I was at 220.5# in March, so August is definitely doable!

Tae2tas- Welcome! It's good to not get too caught up in numbers especially at our height! Best of luck with your July 4th goal.... I hope you will keep us posted as you get closer to that goal!

Satine- Great to see you again! I can't wait to join you in ONEderland...it won't be too long now! I totally understand what you are saying about how you thought you'd be satisfied, but now you just can't weight to get to you next goal... It's like you thought reaching your goal would make you allow yourself some leeway, but instead it recharges you to make your next goal! The 180s will be here for you soon enough!!

Kiki- Glad that you re-joined us! Congratualtions on the Khakis not being tight anymore! I know that when I put my jeans on I felt like celebrating! Hope you stick around this time and keep posting with us!
  • today went better. still pretty heart broken. thankfully I've progressed quickly from the "I want anything that will make me feel better" to the "I don't want anything but him" phase. but I ate well enough (again wasn't able to eat but a few crackers until about 7pm because I over slept and work was insane but I had a vegitarian sub from potbellys and a load of fruit and some milk.) and went for a long walk with a girlfriend. We also shopped. And I managed to squeeze myself into a size 14 skirt from the gap.
    six foot tall size fourteens look good right? right. We'll see when the day I can easily wear fourteens in jeans. That'll be the day. Really that's all I want. Down one size comfortably. I don't want a flat tummy.. I wanna be able to run to the L without breaking a sweat and maybe not have my thighs touch quite so much. I mean everyone likes applause when they walk into a room- just not usually from your thighs.
    Anyway. Thanks for the support. Keep up the good work ladies.
  • on the size 14! I want the same thing - to go down a size and to lose some of my thighs....That would really rock! Keep up the great work... and you'll be over this boy in no time
  • hey there!!
    Hi everyone...

God I feel like crap today i woke up with a doozy of a head cold and do not want to do anything!!

I think I'll take the day off and recuperate.....

On a much happier note Harvey(my hubby) and I have been racking our brains trying to figure out something special for each other for our 20th Anniverary in June and I suggested a new pup!! We have always wanted to get another German Shepperd (we had one when we first got married ..he passed away at 12yrs old) so... we searched the net and found one and our new "baby" arrives on a flight from South Dakota on this coming Thursday!!

He is absolutely sweet and we are VERY excited...

Anyway hope everyone is doin' great and having a good wknd.(it our long wknd here in Canada)
    Talk to tou tomorrow...Jill
  • Hi ladies!! Happy Sunday!!

Well today was my official weigh in day and I was at 228 down 14 lbs since may 1st!! I thought I had posted here before but I would really like to join you!! I have lost 22 lbs since beginning to "diet" I started Atkins on April 8 and lost 12 lbs there and then I went off plan for 2 days because all the meat gave me some gastric problems but anyway I gained a few lbs back and started south beach on May 1st and have had wonderful success!! I can't wait to get to know each of you, and to reach 199!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Michelle
  • Michelle, hi!

So glad to see you post on this thread, this is the second thread I post regularly on, the other of course being May Walkers . Congrats on your loss, 22 lbs total is great.

I had a bad eating day yesterday but a good one today, plus I worked for two hours in the garden weeding and drank a lot of water.

Satine, I know how you feel when you say ONEderland is not enough haha! I am already thinking how great 180 would sound, so that is what I am aiming for next. I have a goal of 193 lb by 24 July which I should meet in advance. After I beat 193 I'm going to be looking at 180.

Hope you ladies have a relaxing Sunday and I hope you get better Jill!
  • Lynne - Thanks for the welcome!! Its great to see a familiar face errrr name lol!!

Jilly - I myself am suffering from a terrible cold too uggghhh 2 days in bed now!! I haven't been able to walk and I'm kinda having withdrawls lol. I hope you begin to feel better.

So whats for dinner guys? I don't know what we're having yet haven't decided.
    Michelle
  • Welcome Michelle! Sounds like you are doing awesome and at the rate you are going you'll be in ONEderland soon enough!

Hope y'all had a great weekend....I can't believe it's 11PM on Sunday night already... where the heck did my weekend go?!?
  • Good Morning

How are you all this Monday?

I had a great day yesterday with lots of gardening. The plants are coming up really well and I only have a couple more rows to weed and the bulk of it will be done.

My jeans definately felt slacker this weekend and DH commented on how he has noticed that I have lost weight, which of course felt great! I got dressed up Saturday and for the first time in ages saw in the mirror some of my old self coming back. Still, I shouldn't get too confident, I need to keep focused on eating right and exercising. I'll ring those bells when I get down to under 180!

Got a busy day ahead today, will try to check in with you all again this evening. Have a great Monday .
  • Good morning Lynne!

Great job with the gardening, soon you'll be reaping the rewards in more ways than one when your vegetables ripen.

on your pants being looser too! That is such an awesome feeling isn't it? You should allow yourselve to feel good about what you've done and how much better you already look, and confidence is never a bad thing. You just use that confidence to tell yourself how much better yet you will feel and look when you reach that goal! Keep up the great work!!
  • Blah Monday!
    Hello everyone! This weekend was great and ugh…it’s Monday! It has been a bittersweet weekend. I weighed on Friday night because DH was taking me to Chicago on Saturday…no gym and no plans on what I’d be eating. I weighed at 223, just barely made it. I’m glad I weighed then because I was a pretty liberal eater that day. It’s hard to eat well while traveling and eating out the whole time. We went to the Japanese market near Chicago and they were giving out free samples and the whole day in general I had so many tidbits of food…rest stops, lunch, snack break, etc. We had an absolutely wonderful time and we arrived home around 3am on Sunday. I slept in until 1pm or so and went to the gym first thing. But the rest of Sunday didn’t go so well. We bought all kinds of groceries at the oriental market which included childhood snacks and things and I was munching all day. I couldn’t sleep last night and was up until 4.30am…and I snacked all night. Instead of trying to read or something, I kept going back to the kitchen and I could see my old habits coming back. Of course, eating something, especially with sugar in it, would only make my bout of insomnia worse. I woke up around 7am, super tired and unprepared. I stopped at the gas station for a cappuccino. I have had about two sips and I’m done…these things mess with my tummy! I also got a package of 6 mini donuts and stuffed my face immediately. The sugar rush is gone and I feel like crap…not only tired, but heavy and guilty from the mini-donuts. I can’t let this get me down for the day. All I can do is pick up and start again, make good choices for the rest of the day and go to the gym tonite, right? What an icky way to start the day.

Welcome back Satine and KIKI, and hello to you Michelle Rae! Sorry I’m so down in the dumps today. I’m so tired that it’s hard to keep my eyes open and type. I’ll be so sluggish all day today, running on caffeine. I’ll probably fall asleep as soon as I get home this evening, get up and go to the gym, then have another bout of sleeplessness tonite. Part of me thinks I should just go to bed super early to catch up, and try to exercise in the morning. I dunno, I’ll see…I really wanted this to be a week of great rest and health. I was ready for bed at 10pm last night, read for a while…and then I dunno what happened. I think I’ll go home for a nap at lunch.

I hope the rest of you are having a much, much better day than I am!