Picture of fat vs. muscle

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • ew, that is disgusting! I would much rather have the neater looking muscle in my body than the flobby sloppy fat! Whew.. what time is it? EXERCISE TIME!
  • WOOHOO! I've almost lost 5 of those fat replicas!!

lol!
  • help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    i am 5.4 and i weighed 163 lbs. in aug i joined an aerobics class n started a healthy food regimen. now after 4.5 months of regular xercise n occasional cheating i look half my original size but weigh 167 pounds??????????
    am i ABNORMAL
    farukh!
  • Quote: help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    i am 5.4 and i weighed 163 lbs. in aug i joined an aerobics class n started a healthy food regimen. now after 4.5 months of regular xercise n occasional cheating i look half my original size but weigh 167 pounds??????????
    am i ABNORMAL
    farukh!

I think that I remember reading somewhere that muscle weighs more than fat. (?) But if your clothes are fitting different then you are doing the right thing; ignore the scale!
  • I had a similar experience about 8 years ago. I worked out with a personal trainer (and on my own) for 4 months everyday (except sundays) without fail and I also followed a diet plan and NEVER CHEATED not even once.
    I was extremely motivated at that time. Anyway I was calibrated and weighed by my personal trainer and it showed that I had only lost two lbs on scale and 1 inch. I was fuming, so they had another trainer calibrate me. Same thing. Then my trainer accused me of cheating on the diet and not working out enough. I had worked out for 2 hours a day 6 days a week for four months and never even once cheated on the diet!!!!!
    Needless to say that that experience got me so down that i gave up working out for years and packed on the weight even more.
    I dearly regreted giving up since my weight climbed to 200lbs. And now it is much harder to loose it because I am older and my metabolism is slower.
    DON'T GIVE UP YOU WILL REGRET IT. JUST KEEP GOING YOU WILL SEEEE RESULTS. That's all I am trying to say.
  • OH another note:
    when I look back and see that I spent an entire decade (my 30's) being overweight and then obese i just want to cry. I am determined not to waste my 40's this way. The way i see it my 40's are going to be my best years.
    besides loosing the weight i have plans for a new career and other goals. Goals which will be much much harder to accomplish being overweight.
  • I did print that picture and made copies...1 for the bike one for the fridge and one beside the bed to wake up to.Also kept one for my wallet so when I go out to eat I see that pic and order properly!
    Wendy
  • Quote:
    I think that I remember reading somewhere that muscle weighs more than fat. (?)
    Both weigh exactly the same - a pound is a pound is a pound. But, as you can see from the photo, a pound of muscle is much denser than a pound of muscle (well, 5 pounds in the photo), and so it takes up less space. Thus, it's easily possible that farukh weighs the same or a little more, yet looks like she's lost a lot. Besides that, muscle is metabolically active, which mean it burns calories all the time, a good thing!
  • How come I can't see the picture?
  • Did you click on the link in the first post of this thread? It's still showing up for me.
  • WideinWinipeg - Great Idea... I'm going to be posting that pic by the fridge too!!!

Thanks for the pic... it is very motivating!
  • wow, that really got me moving! LoL! thanks loads Meg!
  • Does muscle weigh more than fat?
    Hello, I think not, but don't know for sure? Does muscle weigh more than fat?? Thanks
  • What are the dimensons ?
  • Quote: Hello, I think not, but don't know for sure? Does muscle weigh more than fat?? Thanks
    Muscle does not weight more than fat but muscle is denser than fat therefore is smaller for the same weight...