Curves #3

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Hi everyone, well I hope everyone is doing ok. Cassandra, i hope your cat is doing better. Well my dr wants me to watch my processed carbs ( I have IBS and he is hoping this will help). Besides white bread and pasta what else are processed carbs?

thanks
    Bev
  • I havn't been on much, but I just wanted to pop in and say hello.
    Cassandra, Im so sorry about your Cat. I hope she has a speedy recovery. and that she heals well.

Ok, well I'll come back to post another time, just to busy to post right now.
    Hope everyone is doing well.

Mia
  • Hi Curvers!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...was in Boston for work last week and have been super busy with work...had a great time in Boston though!!

Going on my 5th week at Curves. Not sure if I am losing weight...hate not weighing myself, plus Auntie Flo is in town and I am feeling BLOATED!!

Was doing great with the hypnosis until my time of the month came with the cravings...lol...does anyone else know what I am talking about? I feel like each month I just get this desire to eat, and eat, and eat...lol!!

ANyways, trying to get back on track...How is everyone else doing?
  • Hey everyone

I haven't been here in what feels like forever! Both the computers in our house died last week. DH managed to get the older one up and running at least sporadically, so I zoomed in here to say hello. Don't dare stay long, though, because the thing is still just shutting itself down without warning. It is having stability issues. Wow, can I relate.

I made it to Curves 3 days last week and have one day so far this week. One of the regulars there stopped me tonight to say she can tell that I've lost a lot of weight and was impressed with my progress. I've been kind of down on myself lately for not doing more, so she was a total pick me up. I've been trying to share positive words with other women who are obviously making progress there, because I know how terrific it makes me feel when someone gives me the same gift.

I'm really afraid the computer is going to shut down and I'll have to redo this, so I'm going to run away now. I still have some catching up to do, and a lot of replies to make.

Andria
  • Hi girls!!

Andria - It is amazing how comments can lift your spirits...I am starting to learn more and more about how being positive and thinking positive can have such a greater influence in your life than negativity - not a new thought but sometimes it is harder to feel it. lol!!!

Have gotten to Curves 2 days this week. Took today off because my muscles were feeling like they needed it...going back tomorrow morning.

Went to the hypnotist today for my last session. Went about a half hour early so I could talk with him. Told him that I haven't been eating so well this past week and I didn't know if it was Aunt Flo or what and he told me that it could have something to do with Aunt Flo and then he asked me a bunch a questions. After talking to him for a while I did admit that I have been telling myself this week that this isn't working...basically thinking that this was too easy and sabotaged my mind!! Basically he got me back on track and thinking positive again and I know that I am going to lose all my weight!!

Anyways, hope everyone is doing ok - SunnyD - hope you are having some better luck this week!!
  • I'm back... :)
    Good Morning!
    Whew! Don't know if I can ever catch up with you ladies. I have been very ill the last few weeks. I had a diverticulitus attack that was pretty severe this time - I think it was caused from too many tomatoes (the seeds). I was enjoying the last of them from our gardens a little too often and I got sick. But that's all behind me now - I am feeling so much better! After being in so much pain with the gut and then a urinary track infection (always happens after an attack) I feel so good. I got so much done yesterday... I caught up a bit with my house cleaning and had some pieces of replacement furniture delivered and did some laundry. And caught up on another thread I have been a part of for a long time and today wanted to pay a visit with you all Sorry I stopped posting... but I was told not to sit for too long while I was infected, adds insult to the injury, I missed you guys.

The weather here has been cloudy, very cold and rainy on & off, but today we are suppose to have temps into the high 60's and sun! And in the 70's by Saturday... Yeah!! We have so much yardwork to do!!!!! Me not feeling well, I had not been able to get out and empty our pots or cut the plants down for winter or get the leaves picked up. So Joe & I will do that this Saturday together... big job. And the warmer temps are just in time for the children to enjoy Halloween and not be cold when they go out. Joe and I don't celebrate Halloween - per say, oh I put up corn stalks and put out pumpkins but haven't carved any for years cuz I want them to last through Thanksgiving Day - but we so enjoy the children when they come to our door in their cute costumes. We get allot of smaller children, because we live in a Manufactured Home Park and allot of grandparents bring their grandchildren around... which we always enjoy! We get to meet the neighbors and visit with their grandkids - FUN!

I begin CURVES again on Monday (11-3) as if I were beginning brand new... October was such a bad start for me and I haven't been there in two weeks now with this illness. So when I go back I am going to ask to be weighed-in and measured as if I were just beginning again. I need to do that. I hope I have lost some when I go back... I feel as if I have. I will let you all know whether it is good news or bad news, okay. Either way I know you'll be there to keep my chin up.

TINA ~ Me too! The SBD, but have modified it as well. I just needed a bit more carbs but still making them high grained carbs when I do eat them or it's in fruits. The toughest part for me will be the holidays!!!! This family (Italian) can cook & bake like you cannot believe!!!!!!! We have to help one another during the holidays so we can at least keep up our exercises, so we can have a bit of goodies. Yes?

ANDRIA ~ You are so correct when you spoke about the power in possitive thinking!!! I so believe it that - we must keep up that in one another. Help guide each other when we begin to fall into slumps. Especially now as it is darker sooner (at least here in OHIO) and getting colder. I know that by JAN - I always get the winter blues and feel very closed up... so going to Curves will really help.
    Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!

KARI ~ Where are you kiddo???? Miss you too...

Hi APRIL ~ So glad that you went back to the hypnotist and are now getting back on track. It is just too darn easy to fall off the track sometimes. Just have to keep focused!!! And that is a conscience decision - dont you think so?! Keep up the great work too! I am not going back till Monday (11-3) - wish me well!!!

CASSANDRA ~ How's Squirt doing??? Any better? I am so sorry to hear of the accident - and just hate to see an animal in pain. Hope all goes well for you and your little Squirt! Keep in touch. How are YOU FEELING??? You kinda left us hanging after your last post. Allot of people are concerned!

You are all doing wonderfully!!!!!

Hi BEV! - Hey there LYNDIA - Hello's to GAYLE - Where are you ROSIEE? - Yo SHERI - Hey MIA - REVELY sill visiting? - Hi VOW... you all come back now --- hear

Hope you all come back!!!! I really miss seeing you!!!
  • Link
    Here is a link to where I posted two pictures of our brand new baby niece, MIKALA ROSE. Scroll down about half way & you will see my hubby Joe holding her and then a second pic of a close up of Mikala... she is so adorable - if I do say so myself! I cannot wait to see her myself! Haven't yet cuz I haven't left the house!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...5&pagenumber=4
  • Hi everyone, well SunnyD I think I will be joining you on the SBD but I will need to also add some more grain carbs. I went to my GI dr ( I have IBS) and he wants me to watch my processed carbs but he said I could have this special grain bread. I have been on phase 1 this week and I have felt really nausaus, especially with the egss, ( also a symptom of my IBS) so I am going to add alittle grain and see how that works out for me.

well everyone have a good day
    bev
  • SunnyD - Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I think that you are right to start fresh...no point in getting down in the dumps over a period where you were sick and injured...how is the ankle by the way? I am hoping that you will remain healthy now...
    Feel really bad you had a bladder infection - those are the worst!!

Cassandra - How is it going?

Keri - I just love your pictures!! Please keep posting...I am finding them very inspiring!!

Got my third workout in today. Starting to really feel my leg muscles...can just imagine myself all buffed up!!

Got my eating back in control - it is a miracle what positive thinking can do for you!!

Been so busy at work this week that I am shocked it is Thursday night already!! I love it when work is like that!!

Ok - hope you all are getting your workouts in...they are going to be especially important with the holidays coming up!!
  • hey everybody... I have been doing a little better. I have been really busy taking care of the kitty. She has only gotten up 3 times since Monday. She refuses to eat or drink. We have had to give her fluids with a medicine dropper. We told the vet about this and they sent something called Nutri-cal. It is supposed to give her the nutrition that she needs until she feels like eating but it still bothers me. Does anyone have any input on why she wont eat? We have even tried tuna.

We bought her a new bed and put it in Todds play room. Todd has been sleeping in here with her and I have been sleeping by myself. I will be glad to get my snuggle partner back! We even have a sitter staying with her during the day.

Its good to know yall are so concerned about me and the kitty.

I will write more later!!
    Cassandra
  • Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum, my husband happened upon this website and knew that I would really appreciate it! I have been a Curves member for just about 6 months now and I totally love it! Although I must admit the weight loss has not been as successful as I would wish ( falling off track lately ). I am excited about having found this site and look forward to making a bunch of great new friends.
  • Hello everyone - sorry I haven't been around. Been so busy lately. I've been trying to work as many hours as I can. My vehicle is unfortunatly breaking down...and if I don't start saving some mooolah ($$$$) than I'll be without a car! As soon as I sell the one I have, I am putting the money towards something a little newer. My father offered to co-sign for me. (Thank God!) Hopefully I can get something by December.

Unfortunatly I have not been to Curves in about a week! I want to go...and I think about it...but I am in one of those "funks" where I really don't want to do anything. And if I get a newer car, I definatly won't be able to continue Curves, because I won't have the extra $40 a month. We'll have to see what happens though. I've also gone back to eating bad. Okay...not "really" bad but not like I should be. I haven't had any fast food, but I've been eating a ton of carbs, and beef. I've been away from beef for quite some time now, but lately I've just craved it. I need to get things back under control. It's so hard. I've just been a little stressed lately about my car...wondering if it's going to get me to work or not, and my mother is having a little bit of a situation too. So I find the food comforting. It's almost like when I'm eating it - I'm not thinking about anything else, except how much I am enjoying what I am eating. Now only if it were something else, like a carrot stick...lol. Oh well - I just have to keep trying.

----------------------------------------------

CassandraB - I am SO sorry to hear about your kitty!!! I'm sure the reason that your kitty is not eating is because she is probably still in shock. Usually when something like that happens to a cat or dog, their body goes into shock. I'm sure it will take a little time until she starts to heal. Hopefully she will make a quick recovery!

Sunnyd57 - Glad you are feeling much better, and are able to get back to Curves soon! I'll bet you are excited to get back! Also, your niece is a cutie pie!!! My fiance' Ricardo's sister is due to have her baby THIS week. I am SOOOO excited...I cannot wait! She is having a girl. Her name is going to be Raquel Raine Meggison(First Name Pronounced Rock-el)

Aprilbride04 - I'm glad that you were able to get back on track with your hypnotist! You will get to your goal!

Kuuipo - A BIG WELCOME to our Curves thread! Glad you are here! As you can see, we talk just about anything here Feel free to join in whenever you get a chance! You've been with Curves for six months now? What types of results have you seen so far? Well - I look forward to seeing you around here again!

Well - I'd better get going to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow.
    Hope all you chicka-dees have a nice evening!

~ Kari ~
  • Good Morning fellow Curvers

What a wonderful evening for the little Trick or Treaters last night... the temps were perfect 65* and blustery. Just perfect for the kids and their parents. The sad thing is that we don't get many children anymore I so miss the days when you were bombarded with children in the streets and at your door. Now they all go to private parties.

I did have the pleasure of having the company of my best girlfriend, Peggy. She & I had not seen one another in over a week & a half because we usually meet on Thursday's for lunch and grocery shopping (and some fun shopping too), but with me being ill all this time I haven't been out. So she brought me lunch and we visited all afternoon and caught up with each other - FUN!

__________________________________________________ _

KUUIPO ~ We hope that you make this place your homeplace... I think we are a great bunch of people here and are truly interested in your health and well-being. As KARI stated... we talk about allot of things as well as Curves here, so if there's something you need to get off your chest - this is the place to do it

What are your stats? After going to Curves for 6 months - have you seen some physical changes you have really noticed in yourself? I am just beginning again (long story) on Monday and am so looking forward to going. I really enjoy my time @ Curves - not only for the exercise but especially socially! I feel it's great for the body and for the mind.

KARI ~ I am so looking forward to getting back to Curves - I just cannot put it into words... I just hope I do okay. My ankle is still pretty tender and now I get spooked about possible falls. Would you believe I had fear thoughts and could visually see myself falling again - I just don't want to hurt myself like this again! I will definately have my ankles wrapped before I begin on Monday.

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures of our little Mikala... I cannot wait to see her "in person" and hold her. Isn't new life so exciting and precious!!! Keep us informed on your DF sister, okay...

CASSANDRA ~ So glad to hear that you are doing a little better, but am sorry to hear that Squirt isn't. I think KARI is right - that she is in shock. What have your vets said????! Cats are especially senitive to any trauma. I hope she begins to eat real soon, but maybe you should call your vet - she shouldn't go much longer then a day or two without eating. She neds to eat to get better. Have you tried to hand feed her little bits at a time talking with her? That's how I got my 'Tang' to eat when he got real sick. Just talking gently and placing the soft food up on the roof of his mouth. He finnally got the taste of food again and that evening began to eat on his own. I wish you all well!

APRIL ~ Thanks so much for the encouragement! Yep, I cannot go back, but I can move forward... and I am so happy to be getting back. The ankle is still very senitive - especially now -the swelling has really gone down and now I feel the bruising allot more. I really did allot of damage this time. So I will always have it wrapped when I go to work out even after it gets all better. I feel better about doing that - just don't want to do this again!

So glad to hear that you are getting your workouts in!!!
    Good for you!

BEV ~ IBS is very difficult to nail down... I hope that you will be able to figure things out. I have had that for years now (very painful!) and still find new foods that will set it off. I do take Lactaid tablets now which really helps me with all dairy products - they don't bother me like they use to at all! Also... portions make a huge difference... keep them small, so you don't overtax your intestines. And water is very important too. Whenever you have any kind of intestinal problems allot of fluids go to your gut, so you need to keep hydrated. What I did is make a list of foods that I noticed made me ill (or thought it did) - would not eat it for at least three days, then try it again. If I became ill I knew to stay clear of that food. I wish you well, BEV, and am so sorry to hear that you have IBS.
    __________________________________________________ _

My hubby, Joe, has taken today off from work and we are expecting some great weather! 75* high predicted for today We are going to try to catch up with some outdoor clean-up that has to get done before winter.

What about those fires in CA!!! My heart goes out to all those who have lost so much! I couldn't imagine!

Take Care all!
    And have a Wonderful Weekend!!!!!
    I will be in touch for sure on Monday after Curves if not before...
  • Oh KARI ~ I wanted to mention something to you about the dumps... it is really okay to go there once in awhile - it happens to us all - it's just not okay to stay there and get stuck. Sweetie you have come such a long way... don't let anything get in your way and stumble now. Instead of letting that something trip you up - use it to grab on to & pull you out. You have worked so very hard to get this far and have done so well. You can have a day or two of 'slump' but try hard not to stay there, okay.

Even if you cannot afford to go back to Curves (bummer) - there are so many other things you could do to exercise. Keep us informed on how things go with you & your car situation.

I must admit... I do that too!!! When I get stressed by anything at all the first place I go is to food! That's why it is good to keep exercising... it helps to relieve it. I guess all I am saying with all this jabbering is that I care about you and want to see you continue to believe in yourself.

God Bless... (((Hugs)))
  • KARI - Don't quit!! You have come way to far to go backwards!! You are an inspiration to us all and I really believe that you will get back on track!! Right now, while you are contemplating whether or not you can still afford Curves, start thinking about some other forms of exercise that you can do. That way, if you have to stop your membership, you will already know how to continue on your path.

I have played the yo-yo so many times, I know how depressing it is to gain back what took so long to lose...YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!! You cannot stop now.

IF you are craving red meat, then maybe you should try a low carb diet (I don't know if you are doing that now or not), but try to turn the negative into a positive.

I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE THIS IN YOU, AND THAT YOU WILL FIND A WAY TO MAKE THIS WORK FOR YOU!!

DON'T QUIT!! Let us know if we can help in any way!!

SUNNYD - Glad you are getting back on track!!