April 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 1 of 38
Go to
  • Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
  • Thank you Diana,
    I am a bit early, I am just trying to figure out what happened to March??????
  • Quote: Thank you Diana,
    I am a bit early, I am just trying to figure out what happened to March??????
    Welcome back! I hear you on the fly-by month.
  • Good morning
    This past week's average caloric intake was 1268 calories. Looking back on the week, I see where I can do better with exercise this next week.

Today's goals:
    fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories
  • Morning, everyone. Welcome to April.

I had a bad day yesterday. You know those days when you just want to eat everything in sight? I was working on reports, and every 10 minutes I was up looking in the cupboards. Didn't really eat anything bad, per se, but grazing isn't good!

I feel a bit frustrated at the moment. I'm not losing so I give up, and obviously if I give up I won't lose. It's such a bad cycle. So I really need to recommit and hope that I lose soon which will keep the motivation up.

My goals for April are to lose 2 more kgs, up my water intake, and get back to exercising. I was 168.8lb this morning. Would like to be 164 by the end of April.

Deep breaths everyone. We can do this!
  • Good Morning 132.0, 1677 in and 1824 out, BP 111/78 and 18,016 steps. Already lost first post of the day.
    5 am is too early to see snow forecast on my accuweather and the clock time on my laptop improper (off by an hour) April fools? surely not at this level.

Today is planned for 1504 calories and in the mix is walking, work, gyno appt, more work, obedience work with Beau, Vehicle searches, yoga,and reading another chapter of Atomic habits.

I am definitely finding that delaying the onset of breakfast is very helpful I am going to try to hold below goal until Thursday when the "all day" portion of testing and eating out begins. My schedule will be way off and I may just shoot for light breakfast, lunch with crowd and dinner on way home each day. Not sure I want the stress of cooking.

I uploaded a new picture to my profile. Better fitting clothes but same me.

Momwannabe - may be you have hit a plateau. Sometimes you can go 4 weeks or more with no change then one day WHOOOOSH!. Take care and trust. Do some reading and you find that those who stay the course do, in fact, lose though the other Nancy may have more insight for you as well because she had a long period of struggle. I had about 6 weeks last July where i was stalled. Hang in there! You do NOT control what the scale says so rather than set goals for a certain amount of weight change - set it as a target but your GOAL is eating according to plan! If things are truly "on plan' and you have not budged after a month..well change things up. Sometimes you are not eating enough and I don't think it is starvation effect but rather maybe not enough of some critical micronutrient needed for fat metabolism. My weight loss period was usually in the 1000-1200 calorie range it it was almost impossible to get necessary micronutrients and I had to supplement with vitamins to do so.

Zallie - I also eat mostly vegetarian - and it IS hard to get enough protein though how much is really enough? For the tofu, I buy the superfirm or else press (I bought a plastic tofu press) the water really really out. Then it cooks better in a stir fry and browns and does not stick. This is a really good recipe I like better than the store bought hot and sour soup. I add even more vinegar than called for. Mmmm. https://www.budgetbytes.com/hot-sour...oup-with-tofu/

Driplord. Hi! I have a bad ankle with a plate in it. Losing weight is a great help for that!

Nancy - You are doing really great! Another drop. Awesome.

Diana - I think you are over thinking it. Though I am not sure eating at 7pm then next day would be good for digestion. Too close to bedtime!

Jendiet - Continuing to pray for you.
  • Hi, I'm currently on calorie watch and do a lot more exercise. My current goal is to lose around 13.2 lbs. Wish me luck.
  • Quote: Hi, I'm currently on calorie watch and do a lot more exercise. My current goal is to lose around 13.2 lbs. Wish me luck.
    Hi and welcome to the check-in! Good luck, you can do it!
  • Quote: Morning, everyone. Welcome to April.

I had a bad day yesterday. You know those days when you just want to eat everything in sight? I was working on reports, and every 10 minutes I was up looking in the cupboards. Didn't really eat anything bad, per se, but grazing isn't good!

I feel a bit frustrated at the moment. I'm not losing so I give up, and obviously if I give up I won't lose. It's such a bad cycle. So I really need to recommit and hope that I lose soon which will keep the motivation up.

My goals for April are to lose 2 more kgs, up my water intake, and get back to exercising. I was 168.8lb this morning. Would like to be 164 by the end of April.

Deep breaths everyone. We can do this!
    Whatever you do, don't give up! We face daily struggles, don't get me started, . We can do it.
  • Good morning all,

147.6 this morning

Happy April

Back to basics, this is maintenance for me. Always learning what works and what doesn't. Happy with where I'm at and how things are going. I kind of drifted away from my focus, Back at it.

GrannyNancy I just looked at your photos. You must be so proud of yourself. Awesome progress. I know you've put in a lot of work, it shows. Congratulations.

Diana thanks for the thread. Hope all is well with you. I think of you everyday. I will try again to be more consistent.

i think I updated my avatar, if it worked that's me and Willie in Florida about a month ago.

Hope everyone has a great day. Happy Monday

• Good Morning, Everyone!

Grannynancy Great job! I love the new picture. You look fit and healthy. Weekends are really wonky for us. Saturday we eat later because DH is either at the farm or hunting. Sunday is a bit later because of church. Sunday at 7 would be lighter meal, just a frittata.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr. (did the best I could with being sick)
    This Morning: Oxycise

I drank plenty of water this weekend, that's always a challenge on the weekends. But I think with all the cold/allergy meds the extra water didn't help. Maybe I still didn't drink enough. If I drank more it might have flushed me out better. Who knows. I've got a bit of my voice back today.

Calories for yesterday: 1420 +
    Weigh In: 189.6
    Up: 1 pound

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

April 1

James 1:4
    But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were a magic wand that we could wave, and suddenly the pounds would melt from our flesh and we would be the perfect weight? I know of no one who would choose the rigors and demands of a diet over a magic wand. Unfortunately, there are no magic wands, and the only way we can lose weight is to set ourselves to the task-body, mind, and spirit. We need to ask God's help, that we might remain committed to the task no matter how long it takes. When we call on the Lord, He will grant us the patience we so badly need.

Today's thought: The longer the wait, the less the weight!
  • kelijpa Great job maintaining! Great picture! Thank you for sharing!
  • 156.2 Today
    Happy to have lost 13.8lbs in March.
    Would love to lose half of that in April, but that is probably asking too much.

Goal for April 1200 cal or less per week unless that stops working.

Today's goal 1200 calories.

GrannyNancy- thanks for the recipe! And way to go on all the tremendouswalking. And thanks for reminding me to switch over here.

Momwannabe- I totally know how it is to want to eat everything in sight. And I am pulling for you not to have another one of those days today! Hey, have you been getting 8 hrs sleep? If not try to get that and the weight may start coming off. ( Know that is easier said than done)

Hi johnkane,- Welcome!

Hi kelijpa- you are where I dream of being!

Diana- Why not try the fast? The most I have fasted is for about 50 hours. I actually played sports pretty well at the end of that, so I was not lightheaded or anything. It is more that I would miss it during the periods I would usually eat. This was a zero cal fast,- water.
    What I have to watch with the fasting is both to do it and then not to overdo it afterwards.

Jendiet thinking of you

Flower- thinking if you too.

Nancylmrn- Thinking of you, I did some pushups yesterday and added in some weights today.

Rachel,- like that you talked about learning what you can do better.

One of the changes I made (not perfectly) in March was not roaming the cupboards when hungry and tired at night. I need to continue to go to sleep or drink some tea instead of eating.

This month I want to do better at sleeping more and tracking it . Weight loss and sleep are supposed to be closely tied. Want to see that for myself in my body.

All let's do this!!
  • Great PIcture Kelli! finally a face with a name, you look like you were happy, healthy and having a blast!

W/O was good today, I pushed a bit and will pay for it tomorrow.
    My arthritis in my hands have really been giving me a difficult time this weekend, so much so I bought a sample of some CBD cream to see if it will help releive some of the pain and stiffness....so far I am not impressed. But I I will keep at it
    WI was good down .4, 158.8 so things are looking good and I hope it stays until Wednesday weight in. Today's meals are planned....well actuall the week (mon-fri) are planned. And unless we have a major snafu my points will be in around 12-18 per day excluding roll over's and activity points. I am now starting to beleive I will reach my goal of 155 before our trip in May, and may even exceed it! As long as I can stay focused.

Zallie congradulations on your month end totals! That is super impressive.
    Johnkane welcome to the check in, can't wait to hear more about you and your journey
    mama we have all been beyond frustrated, please hang in there and trust 'the process

more later xxoo
  • April 2019
    Hello!

I was ready to post in the March thread and then it occurred to me that it is April Fools Day...

Thanks for opening April for us Diana.

DID and DID-NOT ITs:

1) No food mover. Slipups include lemon pie and a frappe.

2) I was going to go walk, but it was sooooo cold yesterday....BUT I biked 30 minutes.

3) My seedlings are not doing well. They are sitting in the basement waiting for temps in the 50's and 60's.

TO-DOs:

1) Food mover. Eat veggies.

2) Exercise.

3) Plants.

4) Tidy up den.