September 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 7 of 35
Go to
  • Beloved Warrior -
    Quote:
    Was away, with family (AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!)

Good to see you again! I hope your busy month goes well and doesn't get too stressful.

Diana - Woohoo, that's great that the shrimp boats were a hit. I know I would've made a beeline for them. Sounds like a valuable meeting for everyone involved.

Monte - Ugh, I hate those never satiated days! I don't have personal experience with heavy lifting, but I imagine all that muscle-building must make the body need and want lots of food. What do you normally have for breakfast? I know we're all different, and with your workouts our activity levels are very different , but I've found what really helps keep my appetite in check is a high protein and high fat breakfast, with low/no carbs. On those days, I eat carbs at later meals, but avoid them at breakfast b/c they stop the appetite-suppressant powers of a high protein/high fat breakfast from kicking in (for me). I hope you find something that works for you soon! I really understand how frustrating those constantly hungry days are. And my body doesn't even have an excuse for being so hungry! I hardly move. Do you eat something right after lifting? From your menu, it looks like you probably do your lifting before breakfast, but I want to check if that's right.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • Quote: Monte - Ugh, I hate those never satiated days! I don't have personal experience with heavy lifting, but I imagine all that muscle-building must make the body need and want lots of food. What do you normally have for breakfast? I know we're all different, and with your workouts our activity levels are very different , but I've found what really helps keep my appetite in check is a high protein and high fat breakfast, with low/no carbs. On those days, I eat carbs at later meals, but avoid them at breakfast b/c they stop the appetite-suppressant powers of a high protein/high fat breakfast from kicking in (for me). I hope you find something that works for you soon! I really understand how frustrating those constantly hungry days are. And my body doesn't even have an excuse for being so hungry! I hardly move. Do you eat something right after lifting? From your menu, it looks like you probably do your lifting before breakfast, but I want to check if that's right.

Have a great day, everyone!
    I go high protein for breakfast. Some carbs too, but I generally eat eggs or straight up protein like I did today. The protein I use is unflavored and unsweetened, so just protein, no carbs or anything else. But the usually is either an egg burrito or an egg sandwich. I only had a banana today because they were about to go bad. I actually work out in the evenings...I already have to get up at 5:45 to get to work on time, and I'm NOT a morning person. I actually never eat after lifting, since I do it right before bed, and I don't like sleeping with food in my stomach. I do build muscle faster than the average female, so maybe my body is just trying to catch up after I was super restrictive while doing no carb. Even with the high days I've been having, I'm still a little below my TDEE so I should at least not gain. Trying to up my water today, that may help. I've been really slacking on the water lately.
  • Yesterday's update, 9/6, Oops...I did it again!
    Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today! No time for personals today, just a check-in for yesterday's slip up.

WI 207.8, up 1.2. Calories 2,667, 1,467 over goal; carb 219,119 over goal; fat 174, 134 over goal; protein 88, 12 under goal; sodium 4,745, 2,445 over goal, sugar 27, under goal.

Exercise, none, recovery day.

The highlights of my binge were an entire bag of cheese corn puffs, about 5 oz. of various nuts, 1 and. Half servings of tater tots, with cheese and Ranch dressing, a 1/3 bag of Bugles. Recovered for dinner with a beef fajita salad. It started when I had a 2 am snack attack, then it got worse as the day went on. I think I was not sleeping well because my roommate was working the night shift. Also, I was taking my family to view a house I am interested in buying and felt the stress of packing/moving. Finally, I was feeling overly confident/celebrating my recent successes in losing 3 pounds in 5 days.

My plan for today is to go 200 calories under my usual goal for a workout day (eat 1200, plus burn 230, effective intake 970) and to drink lots of water to flush out the bad stuff.

Greetings to everyone, and let's make this a great day!
  • Quote: I do build muscle faster than the average female, so maybe my body is just trying to catch up after I was super restrictive while doing no carb.
    That makes a lot of sense, especially since you're still eating below your TDEE.

I saw in another thread that you're making more conservative goals with your weight loss because of how you're building muscle, and I think that's really smart.

Have you tried having a protein shake right after your workout, or would that be uncomfortable for you right before bed? That may help reduce your body's hunger. It's interesting how timing can sometimes have a dramatic impact on hunger levels.
  • Hi Everyone!

From last night:

FYML Yes, great job getting a workout in.

BelovedWarrior It's good to see you. Check-in when you can. Until then, take care of yourself.

Kelijpa I know how frustrating internet stuff can be. Are you doing WW online or going into a center?

Fat in Hong Kong What didn't you like about the banana bread?

Nicoley Can you do a version of IF where you eat a bit later?

MonteCristo
    Good job on your workout.

Chunkahlunkah HI

Zoniegirl
    Today is a new day. Hang in there and keep trying.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
  • Hi! Can I join? I just joined the board today because I suppose it's better to find a way to keep on track while you're doing fine instead of looking for solutions only once something goes wrong

Today was great. Breakfast was a bit of a scramble because I didn't do enough shopping yesterday, but still hit my goal calories, even if the macros were a bit wacky, but the rest of the day was fine. Particularly enjoyed dinner - tomato slices with mozzarella and a few slices of a baguette baked with olive oil. Lots of herbs on top, too. Might seem like a lot, but I'm still running a nice deficit at 1800kcal and I don't want to go too low as with my history it could fire off a binge too easily. I feel a little self conscious over it on a weight loss site, though. On a different note, about a year ago I had great success with replacing both comfort-eating and coffee with tea. It really hit me today as I just automatically ended up making several infusions of bancha, a Japanese green tea, my momentary favorite, as a means of procrastination. I would end up cooking a year before instead. I'm really pleased with myself over how natural it became. I'm still not happy about the procrastination, though
  • Ameline Hi and welcome to the check-in.
  • Hi Ameline! Welcome to the daily check in.

Don't feel about about your plan. You do what works for you. I don't think you'll find any judgement here. I'm eating at around 1750 (when I can keep myself on plan :eyeroll: ) so we aren't that far off anyway! And your dinner sounds lovely.

On plan so far. About to make my some egg burritos once I cool down. Just spend 90 minutes in and out of an attic changing out a hot water heater. I'm more tired and worn out from changing that hot water heater than from my last big workout. Must have been 110degrees at least up there. And water tanks are heavy and awkward as all get out. I almost feel like I need a nap.
  • 9/7/16 update, Back on track
    Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well today!

Diana - great job on your weight loss coming down from 400 pounds! I'm sure your ladies group found your story very inspiring as I do. Thanks for the support after my binge. I'm glad you are getting out more and are making friends. I, too, am getting out more and feeling better after a four year depressive episode. Have you looked into meetup.com? They are groups of people that get together based on common interests. I've joined a couple recently to expand my social circle and to get out of the house more. The ones I joined are wine group, political discussion group, tarot, and drumming circle. Friends are so important to have and with whom we share our journeys.

Nicoley - great job on your treadmill and steps!

Chunk - so happy to hear of your energy increase! I know that can be so debilitating. Hope you continue to improve.

FYML - great job on your workouts, steps and calories!

Beloved Warrior - good luck on SB! Sounds like you've got a good plan for a very busy period coming up. Please check in when you can and know we are all sending you positive thoughts!

Kelijpa - glad your internet is fixed and that you stayed out of the 190s!

Hong Kong - your food sounds amazing!

Monte - I definitely feel your pain (see my 9/6/16 post)...all I can say is keep at it, resolve to do better each day, and you will see results. Glad your workouts are going well.

Amelie - welcome! We are happy to have you here. Everyone needs support, even when they are doing well, I say.

To anyone I missed, greetings to you and hope you are well.

As for me, I'm doing much better today, got back on track. Calories 1,178, 252 under my normal 1400 for a w/o day; carb 81g; fat 45 g; protein115 g; sodium 2,322 mg; sugar 28 g. Water, 80 oz.

Exercise - 45 minutes, cardio; burned 230 calories; 20 minutes strength training, lower body; 15 minutes stretching.

Pool and jacuzzi for a treat. Also, have my first women's drumming circle tonight. Should be interesting...have a great day! And, thanks for your support!
  • HI Everyone!

Ameline We all eat differently. What works for one may not work for the other. However you lose weight, you will have to do that for the long haul in order to maintain your loss. It's best to start off eating in a way you prefer.

MonteCristo Egg burritos sound delish. Are you using salsa, too?

Zoniegirl Thank you for the info on meetup. I will keep that in mind. I'm glad you are feeling better from the previous four years.

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    XL egg 80 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
    14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
    1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
    1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
    1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)

Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
    2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Greek Yogurt 120 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
    5 rounds (50 minutes) from Kickbox Burn
  • Hello all, quick check in before bed. Day went well, not quite the exercise goals met, but did get in some stretches this morning.

Diana I go to a meeting at a WW center, going to the meetings helps me, I go same day, same time, so getting familiar with other members. I lucked into a good meeting for me.

Well, better get to sleep, best to all
  • I don't generally use salsa in my egg burritos Diana. Just eggs, sausage and cheese. I like to make a big batch then wrap them up individually in wax paper. They make great on the go meals, as I like them cold.

I made it through the day without going over my calories!
  • September 7th
    Today was on point. I had 1,013 calories of clean and healthy food. I did an upper body workout followed by some cardio. Also, I got in 12,000 + steps. Just short and to the point today as I'm very busy with work!

Monte: A tip for cutting out carbs is to take a glucose tablet when you get tired, irritable, light headed, head pain, etc. Carbs contain a large portion of your body's lasting sugar intake so you need to compensate card reduction with something else. I always pop a glucose tablet before a work out!
  • Good morning all!

Hope everyone has a great day
  • I made some oatmeal in my slow cooker yesterday and had it for dinner. Has anyone done that before? It wasn't even steel cut oats, just regular old-fashioned Quaker. It was pretty good! I was concerned the texture may come out gluey, but it didn't. It was silky and soft.

For anyone that may possibly be interested in this oh-so-glamorous meal :
    I used about 1 cup of oats (plus another small handful), 2 cups of milk, 3/4 cup of water, a splash of vanilla, 2 T of brown sugar, a huge sprinkling of cinnamon, and a couple pinches of kosher salt. I cooked it on low for about 4.5-5 hours. I'd make it again, for sure. I love finding simple, healthy things that I enjoy eating, especially when they're cheap. This makes 2 servings, but it's pretty filling so easily can be 3.

My weight is at a new low today! 148.9. My BMI will be officially out of "obese" and into "overweight" once I hit 148.2. It's hard being so short.

As I lose weight, I'm realizing that I may not need to return to my goal weight of 115. I think my body will have the shape I'm most comfortable with in the 120s, so long as I'm exercising too. I'll see.

For a long time, I weighed 105-111 but looking back, I can see that was too low for me. I was really into fitness and nutrition when I was at the lower end of that range. I ate very clean and worked out regularly. I wasn't extreme in my eating or exercise, just very disciplined. I guess I've remembered that as my "ideal" health, but it really wasn't necessary. And it's not totally sustainable, b/c I fall out of being that interested in fitness. It's something I'm into to that degree for a couple years, and then I lose interest and loosen up a bit. Anyway, thank you for letting me ramble. I did kelijpa's "thank you" thing, been wanting to try it out. Basically the gist of my ramble is that the number on my scale probably won't need to be as low as I'd expected for me to feel healthy and fit.

Ameline - Hi and ! Happy to have you here! Your dinner sounds healthy and delicious, and I think I'll have it too. Thank you for the inspiration. Congrats on making the switch from comfort eating to tea. That's excellent to replace the unnecessary food with antioxidants and a nice, relaxing drink. I enjoy the ritual of tea making. I find it a comforting habit, which makes it a perfect substitute for comfort eating. I'm right there with you regarding still indulging in procrastination! In fact, I'm engaging in it right now! It's the number one thing I want to change about myself. I'll get started on that eventually.

Kelijpa - For your stretching, do you use a dvd or a routine you already know? I've been doing some brief stretching the past few days. I'd forgotten how wonderful it feels. I'd like to get more moves in my repertoire. I'm glad you have a good WW group. A good time really helps.

Monte - Awesome on the cals!

Zonie - Thank you!! The increased energy does feel amazing and is very, very welcome. I'm in grad school full-time this semester, and I was seriously worried if I'd be able to complete the semester. Now that I can keep my eyes open more than 4 hours a day, I think it's going to be ok.