Getting Out of The 280s & 270s

You're on Page 3 of 26
Go to
  • Did a quick check today... 280.6. I won't change anything until my official weigh-in on Saturday morning, but that gives me hope!!
  • Hello everyone. . . I've been an off and on 3FC member for a few years and it never fails that when I stop posting I start gaining weight again and I usually end up heavier than I was before. I need to get back on the wagon. I started Nursing school in January so the stress of that hasn't helped AT ALL. I don't feel like I have to time to cook and if i do cook its usually one meal that I eat everyday and I just start feeling sick of it. I need to get back into exercising but finding the time when I know I should be studying if difficult. But I have to do it! Today I weighed in at 283.2.
  • Good Luck on your weight loss Journey Susie

I cant wait until I'm finally further in the 270's more then 279, I havent been able to get lower then 279 and I've been on my journey for a year
  • made it to 277! only 7.1 to go then off to a new thread! ah that would be lovely. good luck to everyone!
  • 285.1 scale is moving again!
  • UGH! No change. In fact I am up to 281.1 this morning. I am bummed. I know it's more than a # on a scale, but still. This is where it's SOOO easy to get derailed for me.
  • 274.6 this morning. almost thereeee
  • Up to 284.8 from a few days ago. I won't get discouraged though! I've lost this weight before and I can do it again, albeit it's going to be tougher this time around with a stressful nursing school schedule. Tonight after work I plan on hitting the gym, for some cross/strength training. If it's one thing that clinical has taught me this semester is that I am a weakling and nursing is going to require some muscle! Then I hope to get back into the couch to 5k starting with week 1. About a year go I got all the way to week 5 and felt so proud, but I know week 1 is going to be tough to get through for me. What is everyone else doing for workouts?
  • FINALLY!!! Scale said 279.9 this morning! BUH-bye 280s!!! I am NOT looking back!

I have decided to weigh every few weeks, so I won't have an update until May 9th.
  • Quote: Up to 284.8 from a few days ago. I won't get discouraged though! I've lost this weight before and I can do it again, albeit it's going to be tougher this time around with a stressful nursing school schedule. Tonight after work I plan on hitting the gym, for some cross/strength training. If it's one thing that clinical has taught me this semester is that I am a weakling and nursing is going to require some muscle! Then I hope to get back into the couch to 5k starting with week 1. About a year go I got all the way to week 5 and felt so proud, but I know week 1 is going to be tough to get through for me. What is everyone else doing for workouts?
    for workouts I just do a circuit with the stuff I have at home. im lucky enough to have a heavy bag, treadmill, free weights, bands, medicine and exercise balls. I just do a bunch of different body weight exercises and use that stuff for about half an hour a day usually. sometimes I miss days though but not the end of the world.

and congrats poshyerin for getting to the next decade!!
  • 280.0 this morning! The scale acted like it really wanted to stop at 279. . . I like it was contemplating if I had worked hard enough to reward me with an extra pound and then decide not to give it to me! But I'll take 280!
  • I think I've been in or near 275 since January.

271.4 today.
  • I am back again for the bazillionth time. Still weighing in the 280s. 286.4 this morning. I have been having such severe arthritis pain in my knees and I am too young for this already. Starting a new way of eating today. The Whole30. I saw it on the Today show last week and I thought I would give it a try. So far, so good for day 1. I am not supposed to weigh in for the whole 30 days so this will be a challenge since I like to weigh myself everyday. Hoping to have fun on this new ride.
  • I'm starting at 274
    This is my first time REALLY attempting to lose weight. I really need some support. In the past I've had 0 will power. But I'm dreading having to take meds for cholesterol and high blood pressure. The thought of taking another pill EVERYDAY is scary.
    The only thing I really enjoy is food and sleep. If I can't have good food what else is there? I'm going to have to find something.
  • I think it's a great idea to wait 30 days to weigh in. My weight fluctuates so much (between 1-5 lbs), I can't trust weighing in more often than that. I'm going to mark that day on my calendar and think of it as a special occasion. Maybe I'll celebrate with a pedicure. Great idea.
    Quote: I am back again for the bazillionth time. Still weighing in the 280s. 286.4 this morning. I have been having such severe arthritis pain in my knees and I am too young for this already. Starting a new way of eating today. The Whole30. I saw it on the Today show last week and I thought I would give it a try. So far, so good for day 1. I am not supposed to weigh in for the whole 30 days so this will be a challenge since I like to weigh myself everyday. Hoping to have fun on this new ride.