IP Weekend chat. Sat 4/19 - Sun 4/20/2014

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • @schenectady, how exciting!
  • Quote: So... I wasn't smart enough to measure my zucchini BEFORE I shredded it. I was so anxious about using my shredding gadget for the first time and trying to figure it out....

Anyway, I shredded it, then nuked it for a while, then put it in cheesecloth in a strainer to get the moisture out. So, now I have 1 cup exactly of already shredded zucchini. (I think I used 3 average size zucchini.)

For those of you who ARE smart enough to measure first... when you shred 1 cup of zucchini, about how much of a cup will it be after it's shredded? 1/2? 1/3? Less??

Thanks!!
    I find that I get about 1 1/4 c of shredded zucchini from a med. size (7"-8" long) squash. I buy the smaller ones because they are not as watery as the big ones. So if you used 3 you probably have close to 4 c. of raw.
  • Quote: Today was a GOOD and surprising day. I have been vigilant on the program for a bit now and feeling good, so while running errands this morning, I dropped in a thrift store because they were having a great Easter sale. I needed to buy a second pair of size 14 jeans and decided to pick up a pair of size 12 for when....we all know that thought!

Then after I got home, my husband decided to go work so I took a few smaller clothes out of my closet to try on. Wedding of my nephew in Atlanta in July - nice soft pink floaty silk dress size 12. No zipper on the dress and yet it went all the way over and down! Now there were a few bumps and lumps that still need to disappear but I have 12 weeks.

Then came a beautiful Adrianna Papell smoke illusion top and sparkle sequin long dress for my son's wedding in October - gorgeous. My soon to be daughter in law loves it - size 10. Again, it went on (with a bit more of a struggle) but it pulled down and over my hips and stomach...albeit again with lumps and bumps.

Now I can see some saying 'what in the heck is she doing buying a size 10 and talking about lumps and bumps'?

It inspires me to know that I can get the dress on. That means with continued vigilance, I can get rid of the bumps and that is sooooo exciting and makes me toe the line to be able to SHOW OFF! There, I said it. I want to be confident and small enough to show off for once in my life. There will be people at the wedding who have not seen me since I was at my highest weight. I intend to be about 130 or more pounds less by then.......just under 30 more to go.
    : hug:

Pictures worth a thousand words.....
  • Schenectady
    Congrats on all those clothes!
    My lumps and bumps will remain. It's just how I'm built
    Thank goodness for spanx!
  • Quote: Schenectady
    Congrats on all those clothes!
    My lumps and bumps will remain. It's just how I'm built
    Thank goodness for spanx!
    Lisa, I am under no misapprehensions about my lumps - some will stay and some will go as I drop more weight. The summer dress might be worn with Spanx for support but do not know what July in Atlanta will mean to my comfort if I do?

October in Seattle should be no problem wearing Spanx to the wedding.

I WILL post photos once I have lost the rest of the weight with me in the dress. For now, this is the dress for my beloved son's wedding..not mine, a smaller size but it is the same look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adrianna-Pap...item3f32db1d81

Then the dress for summer wedding in Atlanta is this one:

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...dwokc95ecg.jpg
  • Schenectady
    That's gorgeous!
  • Ditto schenectady - that is a gorgeous dress!
  • Well, ladies, it is thanks to you (and one or two others) that got me to where I can wear such a lovely dress. They don't make these in the size I was.....
  • Weakness on IP
    Today I find that I cannot do anything physical, even raking or climbing stairs. I am on day 10 and have lost 6 pounds. Any ideas if I can add something besides another salad.
  • Quote: Today I find that I cannot do anything physical, even raking or climbing stairs. I am on day 10 and have lost 6 pounds. Any ideas if I can add something besides another salad.
    I don't know what weight you are now or how many packets you are currently having so that could change what my advice would be.

But assuming you're only having 3 packets already, are you getting all your packets, veggies, protein, salt, oil and water in? Very important.

if you're feeling that weak, try an egg white or two (hard boiled or scrambled with some of your veggies).
  • Quote: Today was a GOOD and surprising day. I have been vigilant on the program for a bit now and feeling good, so while running errands this morning, I dropped in a thrift store because they were having a great Easter sale. I needed to buy a second pair of size 14 jeans and decided to pick up a pair of size 12 for when....we all know that thought!

Then after I got home, my husband decided to go work so I took a few smaller clothes out of my closet to try on. Wedding of my nephew in Atlanta in July - nice soft pink floaty silk dress size 12. No zipper on the dress and yet it went all the way over and down! Now there were a few bumps and lumps that still need to disappear but I have 12 weeks.

Then came a beautiful Adrianna Papell smoke illusion top and sparkle sequin long dress for my son's wedding in October - gorgeous. My soon to be daughter in law loves it - size 10. Again, it went on (with a bit more of a struggle) but it pulled down and over my hips and stomach...albeit again with lumps and bumps.

Now I can see some saying 'what in the heck is she doing buying a size 10 and talking about lumps and bumps'?

It inspires me to know that I can get the dress on. That means with continued vigilance, I can get rid of the bumps and that is sooooo exciting and makes me toe the line to be able to SHOW OFF! There, I said it. I want to be confident and small enough to show off for once in my life. There will be people at the wedding who have not seen me since I was at my highest weight. I intend to be about 130 or more pounds less by then.......just under 30 more to go.
    AWESOME!! I'm so proud for you!
  • Quote: One of the issues with using alts is looking at ALL the nutritients. Not just cals, not just net carbs, not just fat, but the whole picture. Those who go to a clinics and buy IP foods are paying to have all the "figuring" done for them.

In addition to keeping busy, be sure to PLAN your meals ahead of time. At first it might be difficult to not be so spontaneous but after a while, it gives us time to focus our thoughts and energy on other things. The food is already planned.

Sometimes it is just enough to tell myself, "Yup, you're hungry but you're not starving (or dying). Our next meal is planned and it is at x:00. You'll live. Move on."
    Again, great advice, thank you.

Quote: Saw a great quote today: "Don't do something permanently stupid because you're temporarily upset!"
    Love it!

Quote: Thanks! And yes, I know the rest of the school year will FLY by. In fact, I only have four weeks left of teaching the eighth grade. I cannot believe that!
    Eighth Graders! Wondering how they have reacted to their shrinking teacher?

Quote: ....with continued vigilance, I can get rid of the bumps and that is sooooo exciting and makes me toe the line to be able to SHOW OFF! There, I said it. I want to be confident and small enough to show off for once in my life. There will be people at the wedding who have not seen me since I was at my highest weight. I intend to be about 130 or more pounds less by then.......just under 30 more to go.
    Good for you! I am so excited for you. And the dress is STUNNING!! You will certainly turn heads!

Schenectady, what an inspiring post!! I'm so pleased for you. I have every confidence in you that you will look gorgeous in 12 weeks time! Good luck. You got this!!!
  • When at my clinic this week they were out of the chocolate crepes and said they were having trouble getting them in, wonder if it is associated with the chocolate brownie shortage?
  • How are all you other teachers dealing with the stress that comes with the close of the school year? I am finding that the more I am stressed, the harder it is to drop weight. I have been STARVING all day long today and I would up eating about 6 more ounces of eat than I should have. I ate some lean beef cuts at my cousins baby's baptism today then came home to grade piles and piles of late work since the grading period closes Monday. That only made my hunger worse and I couldn't control myself when my dh made himself a yummy yummy smelling porkchop and ny strip steak. So I ate some....help! How are yall keeping the stress from taking over your lives??