Fiber Counting?

You're on Page 11 of 20
Go to
  • YOu have a wonderful infectious energy steels lady. It sounds like nothing would phase you. Alas, not all of us have your self confidence.

I should get a better swimming costume though. Which reminds me if i don't ring up and book my reef trip asap, i will miss out. Last year i won a prize to the reef and it runs out 31st march.
  • Lillianne, Since I read your post last night, I've been thinking a lot about you eating 1000 calories. I am glad that Trish addressed it and I thought I'd add my 2-cents. I also think that's too low. I think you might be setting yourself up for a binge. That happened to me when I was on Slim Fast for a month or so. One night after my "sensible meal" I was starving and ate everything I could put my hands on and could not fill myself. Why not start out in a higher calorie range and see how it goes? You can always lower it if you're not losing. But, you know what's best for you, and if you can stick with 1000 cal., then go for it.

When I read what Steelslady mentioned about different ways to exercise, I thought of chair exercises. I'm sure you can find something online. Maybe you can do something like that when you're not exercising outside.

Pattience, Trish, Steelslady, carabelle, slugg, & Tam Tam
  • Yes ALeka that is the brand! I really like it because it taste like regular pasta, I am not crazy about wheat pasta but this is really good!!
  • Newbies!

Fiber count total...54

I feel so much better eating less calories..All clean eating and strange as it seems, my sciatica pain went away and did not need to take Bayer. I was under my calorie goal..I think am leading a Vegetarian lifestyle here..and feeling wonderful!!

Thank you all for your kind comments and support...Enjoy your Friday all..
  • Totals today -- 1673 calories 44 fiber. Excited also that sodium was 1782 way less than the 2300 they said we are allowed daily. Don't know if I can do that everyday, but at least I know it can be done. I think I forgot to tell y'all yesterday that my ticker below is finally correct and the bouncing that usually takes place was only in the tenths not lbs this time. I attribute that to my new way of eating. I can honestly say that for the most part this is beginning to really work for me.

Lilliann So glad you are feeling better with your eating. It does help us feel better about ourselves.

Pattience Your bean recipe sounded good. I may have to try that sometime.

Aleka, Steelslady, carabelle, slugg, & Tam Tam
  • Evening all. Hopefully I can get to the store in the morning. Went to CVS and got Fiber One Cereal so that will be breakfast. Will have Fiber One bar and Kashi snacks and a boil egg and beet salad for lunch tomorrow (no meat on Fridays for Lent) Not sure what will be for supper. Have a blessed evening.
  • Had two fabulous days in a row- went to the Co Op today with my sister, who loves it there- she treated me today for lunch. We went swimming after lunch both days, and I am so happy that she is enjoying it, too, especially where it will help lower her cholesterol so she doesn't (hopefully) have anymore strokes.

I got another compliment today- you know how my daughter told me last week that I was looking good? Well, one of her best friends stayed over last night. When they drove to school this morning, she said "ok, Mandy, what is your mother doing? Every time I see her, she gets smaller and smaller! Am I imagining it, or has you mother lost a lot of weight?" My daughter told her that I was dieting and exercising, and she said "it shows! I wanted to ask her last night if she was losing weight, but I was afraid of hurting her feelings in case I was wrong, but tell her she's looking awesome!"

This young lady is like another daughter to me, and she is just the sweetest darling. It made my day again- I feel on top of the world!

Sis and I are planning on going to Planet Fitness tomorrow to work out for about 45 minutes, then we're bringing our lunch to the hotel where we swim and eating it there, then in the pool we go. First time in a long time since I've used ankle weights in the pool- honestly, once I got in the pool I hardly noticed they were on. I feel it a little bit now, though- just a teeny tiny bit sore tonight.

I am posting both yesterday's and today's menus, sorry I have been incognito the last few days, just been crazy busy, lol, but having lots of fun!

Wednesday's menu-

Breakfast/lunch-

strawberry/blueberry juice from NutriBullet- 4 grams
    natural diuretic juice- 3 grams
    turkey sandwich with mayo- 12 grams
    Kashi Southwest BBQ black bean crisps- 8 grams
    Fiber Bar- 12 grams
    milk

total for b/l- 39 grams

dinner-

HF English muffin pizzas- 18
    bag of Seneca Caramel Apple Chips- 5
    okra chips- 6
    lotsa water

total for dinner- 29 grams

total for Wednesday- 68 grams

Thursdays menu-

Breakfast/lunch-
    lunch at the Co Op- around 4 grams
    2 delicious bite sized caramels- oooooooohhhhhh so yummy!!!!
    water

Dinner-

one big fat butt hamburger with cheese on a sesame seed bun- 1 gram
    Kashi SW BBQ Black Bean chips- 4 grams
    fruit and nut bar from the Co Op- at least 3 grams
    water, water, water, lol

total for dinner- 8 grams

total for the day- 12 grams- way way under. I just didn't have much of an appetite today, had one plate at the Co Op, no salad because I just wasn't very hungry- the protein filled me right up. Got home from swimming, had a huge burger with cheese and the black bean chips, and I was stuffed- hard to believe, after working out for over two and half hours that I wouldn't be starving, but I wasn't. Just finished the fruit bar just now. I am definitely done for the day, can't eat anymore.

Have a great day, everyone! Fabulous Fiber Friday is here!
  • Quote: Totals today -- 1673 calories 44 fiber. Excited also that sodium was 1782 way less than the 2300 they said we are allowed daily. Don't know if I can do that everyday, but at least I know it can be done. I think I forgot to tell y'all yesterday that my ticker below is finally correct and the bouncing that usually takes place was only in the tenths not lbs this time. I attribute that to my new way of eating. I can honestly say that for the most part this is beginning to really work for me.

Lilliann So glad you are feeling better with your eating. It does help us feel better about ourselves.

Pattience Your bean recipe sounded good. I may have to try that sometime.

Aleka, Steelslady, carabelle, slugg, & Tam Tam
    Awesome job, Trish! That is wonderful that you fine tuned your plan and it is working for you. Keep up the great work, it is so worth it!

I am watching my sodium like a hawk, too. I feel so much better since I cut out a lot of high sodium foods and foods with empty calories. Yet, I enjoy everything that I eat, and the food is plentiful on this plan- I am never hungry between meals. It just feels so good to not be hungry or deprived all the time, like other diets left me.

Have a great day!
  • Steeleslady in the past i've often noticed how one doesn't feel particularly hungry after exercise.

Lilian great you are being quite vegetarian. You still need to eat some protein though. Even if you are going to eat less, its best to keep the proteins fats and carbs and vegies all in proportion. But for kickstarting a healthier eating program what you are doing may be good for a short time.

I bought a pair of swimmers today. They cover my tummy. And they are bright yellow. I am going to the reef next week so have to get uncovered. I am just so pleased i didn't buy black ones. black is boring in swimwear for me.

Breakfast this morning:

1 wholegrain toast (good carbs)
    3 sardines (good fats and protein)
    1tbsp onion (vegies)
    1 chopped tomato (vegies)

1/4 cup yoghurt (carbs, protein, calcium)
    1tsp sunflower seeds (numerous minerals and vitamins in the good fats and proteins).

Lunch not so balanced but i've been running around and it has been spread out all over the place.

2 bananas
    1 wholegrain toast no butter
    2 salad refined flour biscuits
    piece of aged cheddar cheese

I'm going to have a high calorie dinner tonight:
    a big piece of atlantic salmon baked in the oven in foil. (omega 3 fatty acids)
    roast vegies - potato, pumpkin, onion, tomato
    olive oil
    more yoghurt and fruit - oh i bought rhubarb today. I can have some of that. I haven't eaten rhubarb for ages. I'll have to use sugar when cooking it. Otherwise its not edible.
  • Quote: Evening all. Hopefully I can get to the store in the morning. Went to CVS and got Fiber One Cereal so that will be breakfast. Will have Fiber One bar and Kashi snacks and a boil egg and beet salad for lunch tomorrow (no meat on Fridays for Lent) Not sure what will be for supper. Have a blessed evening.
    TamTam, are you just starting out on high fiber? If so, please start out slowly until your body gets used to all the fiber you'll be taking in. Otherwise, you'll end up with an upset tummy, gas, and be bloated. Remember to drink lots and lots of water on this plan. It is so worth it, but I just want to make sure you don't end up suffering starting out. If you've already been doing high fiber, then disregard this message, lol.

Sounds like you're out to a great start! I look forward to hearing your progress- good luck!
  • Quote: TamTam, are you just starting out on high fiber? If so, please start out slowly until your body gets used to all the fiber you'll be taking in. Otherwise, you'll end up with an upset tummy, gas, and be bloated. Remember to drink lots and lots of water on this plan. It is so worth it, but I just want to make sure you don't end up suffering starting out. If you've already been doing high fiber, then disregard this message, lol.

Sounds like you're out to a great start! I look forward to hearing your progress- good luck!
    Thank you so much for the advice. I've been trying to gradually up my Fiber intake. SOme days it is up and some days it's down, but I am trying to incorporate it into my diet plan. Have a blessed day all.
  • A quick one here today. Got my food plan set up on MFP and I am happy that my numbers will end great today. Calories 1224, Fiber 35 and Sodium 2219.

Weight and fbs was up a tad, but we ate Mall Chinese food yesterday and while I only ate a few bites of the rice and didn't add soy sauce and MFP didn't show a high sodium intake, I think I may have gotten some or it may have had the MSG they claim they don't use any more. However, I did look around to see and there was no sign saying they did.

BBL
  • Lillianne, That's fantastic that you found something you enjoy and are feeling better about yourself. I am truly happy for you.

Pattience, glad you found a pair of swimmers. What are swimmers? Your menu sounds good.

Steelslady, what a great compliment your daughter's friend gave you another great NSV victory for you. Where is the co-op you mention? Is it in downtown Concord? The reason I ask, is the lunches you describe sound really good.

Tam Tam. incorporating fiber into your diet is what I'm trying to do to. Yesterday I think I had too much because I felt bloated most of the day.

Pattygirl, it looks like you have a good handle on your eating. Keep up the good work!

carabelle & slugg

DH & I walked in the mall this morning. We managed 3 days this week. Hopefully next week we'll get 5 days in. We like to take the weekends off.

Hope everyone has a great Fri.
  • [QUOTE=aleka;4967882

Tam Tam. incorporating fiber into your diet is what I'm trying to do to. Yesterday I think I had too much because I felt bloated most of the day.

.[/QUOTE]

Yep been there done that! I do not like the "regular" Fiber One,or if you want the original one just that by itself so I purchased another type of Fiber One and will mix half and half and will distribute the portions during the day as breakfast and snacks, I cannot do it today or tomorrow as I am by myself at the shop and if I get busy and half to stop eating I sure do not want to come back to soggy cereal! Have a blessed day all.
  • Friday's menu-

breakfast/lunch-

3 HF pancakes 21 grams
    banana 2.6
    syrup
    peanut butter 4
    3 strips low sodium bacon
    water, water, water!!!!!!!!!! glug glug glug

total for b/l- 27.6 grams

dinner-

tuna club sandwich- 3 slices HF bread, tuna with celery and low cal mayo, lettuce, 1 roma tomato- 18 grams
    sweet potato oven fries with safflower oil and garlic powder, skin on-
    9.7 grams
    chug a lug a lug a lug, drank a half gallon jug of H2O

total for dinner- 27.7

total for the day- 55.3