Restart, Reboot January 1, 2014

You're on Page 9 of 26
Go to
  • Hey gals. Happy Thursday...this weekend cannot come fast enough. For me, working makes me hungry whereas at home I feel much more in control plus I have more distractions...like laying down and relaxing, reading, TV, etc. Today I am working from 8-5 then I have a leadership development program that I am starting from 5-9 tonight. They are serving dinner but I packed mine so all is well.

knm, congrats on steering clear of the cereal. Good job! I know that takes willpower in the moment so good for you.

No losses at all in a week. WTH???? Did use smooth move tea and it helped but I think I could be nearing TOM. Ughhhh, I hate that I am not seeing the scale move-just a lb would be so much more motivating!

Keep on keepin on!
  • I can't give you any advice as my scale has not moved in almost 3 weeks, plus tomorrow is TOM
    geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and my work clothes are feeling tight this morning WTH?
  • TOM sucks! That is all!

I started a thread to try and get some insight about why the scale isn't moving, etc. I got some responses and someone said that there is a golden opportunity to loose weight via low carb. Hopefully I haven't missed that boat and messed everything up here.
  • I agree, TOM is the worst. My cravings get out of control! Thankfully I should be done any day now! Unfortunately I feel a cold coming on. My throat is starting to get really sore and it's only half way through the afternoon and I'm exhausted! Thankfully it's the weekend soon.

I was back down to 129 this morning. Phewf! I'm going for my weigh in either tomorrow or Saturday depending how late I work tomorrow. Hopefully I can lose a little bit before then so I can say I at least lost something this week. My own fault for cheating last weekend though!
  • Quote: TOM sucks! That is all!

I started a thread to try and get some insight about why the scale isn't moving, etc. I got some responses and someone said that there is a golden opportunity to lose weight via low carb. Hopefully I haven't missed that boat and messed everything up here.
    OMG if that's true, I'm pretty sure I've missed it, it's been 2 years of on and off IP for me

knm yay on getting back down to 129, let's hope that cold doesn't turn into that dreaded flu that everyone is getting
  • Can't help jumping in here and giving you TOM folks a huge cheer! I'm past that stage and recalling my former TOM insatiable hunger and water retention, I'm thankful for the relatively even keel of my own IP journey at 59-60yrs old. Hang in there!!! No weight loss one week is always disappointing, but it's not uncommon. keep the big picture in mind. Golden opportunity or not, if you stick to the program, you'll get there.
  • THANK YOU MARS! You are really helping me out today.
  • shew TGIF, this week with all the ice and snow added to it just being difficult is being met with a swift kick in the pants. bye bye. Liking the scale, awesome to be in the 190's and going down. Much better then the big 200's.
    Going to my granddaughters bowling party tomorrow. Lots of people I haven't seen in a long time. I love those events now!! Use to hate them being so overweight, what to wear to hide it. So uncomfortable with myself. Now hmmm I think I'll wear those size 12 tight jeans .... and lol this is fun!!!!
    Also have a wedding in June that I'll use for my inspiration.

TGIF everyone!!!
  • Quote: Can't help jumping in here and giving you TOM folks a huge cheer! I'm past that stage and recalling my former TOM insatiable hunger and water retention, I'm thankful for the relatively even keel of my own IP journey at 59-60yrs old. Hang in there!!! No weight loss one week is always disappointing, but it's not uncommon. keep the big picture in mind. Golden opportunity or not, if you stick to the program, you'll get there.
    YES Thank you Mars you are always an inspiration!!!
  • Thanks kcdoe & eandc!!! The thing I miss about TOM is that refreshed and relieved feeling afterwards--Enjoy!
  • this is really pissing me off!! I weighed myself today and after a full week, 100% OP, I lost .5 WTH???

my official WI isn't til tomorrow, but geez
    The scale has moved less than 1 lb in 3 weeks. This sucks.

PS: clothes are feeling good though.
  • Quote: I can't give you any advice as my scale has not moved in almost 3 weeks, plus tomorrow is TOM
    geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and my work clothes are feeling tight this morning WTH?
    We are in the same boat! Stay the Course
  • I got a bad cold on Wednesday and have been out of commission for 3 days. I had lost .4 lbs on Wednesday and nothing since. Hope to get over this cold soon so I can move on to loosing my weight
  • I'm also under the weather today, my fiance is really sick and I think I have it now. Not sure I'll make my WI tomorrow, but seeing as the scale only showed .5 loss this week I'm not too anxious to weigh anyhow.
  • Quote: Love your enthusiasm and congratulations on making it to Onederland, a truly entertaining place to be - show up in those jeans!
    Thank you Schenectady!! Get to show up with my granddaughters in tow looking like a hot MOMMOM "50" slim and proud whooo hoo

My granddaughter is so observant! I put on a jacket looking this way and that to wonder is it now to big (he he he to big) or does it make me look slim! My 3 year old walks in and says "mom mom is that pop pop's shirt" enough said lol lol had to kiss her and say "no sweetie momom's just getting to skinny to wear it"

Just love it!!!

Happy weekend everyone!!!