The Slow Carb Diet (Thread 2)

You're on Page 31 of 34
Go to
  • Thanks Rennie! (Sorry... insecure newbie thoughts...)

Had an okay day: an open-faced breakfast sandwich with 1 slice rye bread (80 cal, 14 carb); unfortunately no lunch; lots of water; and shredded pork taco salad for dinner. Oh, and one glass red wine. Long tough day at work. All in all, not a bad day. Have to think of an OP low carb/low cal recipe for the weekend for my book.
  • Day #4 of 8 CHECK-IN's
    Steph no worries we're in this together

new low today ... hope tomorrow is even better basically ate the way I did yesterday, but today added a bag of popcorn shared with my daughter

03/24 ~ 166.8 (-0.4)
    03/25 ~ 165.4 (-1.4)
    03/26 ~ 165.0 (-0.4)
    03/27 ~ 163.8 (-1.2)
    03/28 ~
    03/29 ~
    03/30 ~
    03/31 ~
  • Rennieyou are doing great!
    Sumand Sunlover sometimes life just happens and our good intentions fly right out the window!

I intend to do better and break the 153 standstill! I'm just grateful, I'm not going up!

Have a good day tomorrow!
    Nite!
  • Day #5 of 8 CHECK-IN's
    Happy Friday Everyone

Thanks Cindi, good to see you You've hit a plateau? How long have you been at 153?

Another low since the 163 stuck I am still sleep deprived and it's my fault I really must go to bed earlier. I would probably see 162 had I got 2.5 more hours of sleep. argh ...

I will post my meals later. My son is making eggs. I had a taste for a western omelet this morning and don't have all that I need to make it. Oh well

03/24 ~ 166.8 (-0.4)
    03/25 ~ 165.4 (-1.4)
    03/26 ~ 165.0 (-0.4)
    03/27 ~ 163.8 (-1.2)
    03/28 ~ 163.6 (-0.2)
    03/29 ~
    03/30 ~
    03/31 ~
  • I forgot to check in yesterday.

The day before I had an awesome OP day, both food and exercise wise... yesterday was another story; I did horrid. I guess it was my "up" day.

Back OP.

I did not weigh in this morning. 140 seems so far away now I doubt I'll achieve it by the 31st. That means I either stayed the same for the month or had a small gain. I must do better.

These non OP days just kill my progress. I should learn to have one cheat day per week and that's it.

Plan is to eat OP, but I already ate a ton of almonds that are off plan. The coated kind I can not have those in the house. For the rest of the day I have salad planned for lunch and tilapia for dinner.

I will lift weights, power walk and swim today to offset my stumblings.

I can not change the past, now I can just focus on eating OP.
  • LOL Sum, I am that way with the coated cashews the regular kind I eat ¼ of a cup, the coated kind I probably eat a cup or more. Thank goodness I can only find them here at Target and we don't have a Target around here The good thing is that the nuts are a good fat so that's a plus and they are way better for you than cashews and peanuts
  • Okay, back on track! Down 1+ lb from before I fell off the wagon, (so down about 2.5 lbs this week) to 177. Yeah! Good to feel somewhat in control again, but it is the weekend and I need to come up with at least one new recipe. It is my goal to have at least 1-2 new recipes a week and most I think of at the moment are delicious, but not OP. Oh well, will think more tomorrow on it. Am exhausted and in kind of a bad mood from a bad day at work.

Good day tomorrow everyone!
  • Steph great job on the pound down and even greater on 2.5 for the week way to go Sorry about your day
  • Rennie, I read the first page of this thread from Jan and nothing after until this last page so you probably already found them but just in case, I saw the Atkins frozen meals at my Walmart in N Raleigh yesterday.
  • Thanks Shannon, I've found them. Which ones do you like? I had to add season to the crustless pot pie. I tried another one but I can't remember which one it was but it wasn't that great. I'm kind of sticking to the shakes and sometimes the bars. I like the Walmart in Morrisville and the one in Brier Creek. They one in Cary is only grocery and pharmacy and I have found a ton of hard to find things in that one.
  • Day #6 of 8 CHECK-IN's
    Happy Saturday Morning Everyone

slow and steady see you all later

03/24 ~ 166.8 (-0.4)
    03/25 ~ 165.4 (-1.4)
    03/26 ~ 165.0 (-0.4)
    03/27 ~ 163.8 (-1.2)
    03/28 ~ 163.6 (-0.2)
    03/29 ~ 163.2 (-0.4)
    03/30 ~
    03/31 ~
  • I've had a good day so far . I went to a church gathering this morning had a chicken biscuit from Chik-Fil-A (I brought the biscuit home ate the chicken), and I had a bowl of fruit. Then the boys wanted to go to the gym so I got to burn the chicken off on the treadmill 2 miles and a mile on the elliptical, burn total 365. I had a low carb protein shake at the gym and a few pieces of chicken from last night a few minutes ago.

Hope you all are doing well also
  • I am a newbie to this forum. Y'all have been discussing Atkins dinners, and I LOVE the Beef Merlot!! I eat it with a spoon to get every drop!
  • Hi Sassee, and to the thread I think that may have tried that one does it have broccoli? I had one that has broccoli in it
  • Yes, it does have broccoli! I like the crust less pot pie also!