September Challenge

You're on Page 10 of 11
Go to
  • YUP and YUCK!!!
  • I went to the clinic today and weighed in 1 lb gain (I epected it so I wasn't shocked) I was also given my bloodwork back (To give to my family doctor) and guess what? it says my cholesterol was double what it should be. Must have been all those "double" burgers. So I really wanted to cheat today but didn't cause now I have something else besides just the weight to consider (bummer). Well that was my day.
  • Yeah Trixi, I think we have all had those 'wake up call' sort of days and they are lousy - for me it has been days when photos come back, or my dad arrived for a visit and gave me his special devastating Look of Disapproving Horror...but you will put a few days between it and you and THEN you can say, OK, I am gonna get something out of this, and you can improve things little by little, in whatever ways work for you.

Also I think you deserve to do something extra nice for yourself like buying a new book or nice candle or new tea or whatever else you like that can recharge you...

Lidian
  • Hi girls,
    Sorry that I've been awol. I was not doing too well with my food and was skipping out on the gym...but, I'm back in the saddle...in fact, gonna run downstairs and weigh myself and report back...I don't think that I gained much, haven't been that out of control...but, just disappointed with myself. got out of my routine when we went on vacation and never got it back together.

Work has been busy, my father moved into my sister and bro-in-laws, my other sister was visiting from out of state, umm..wait, I'm sure I can think up more excuses...

okay, you all know how that is...I don't have to make excuses here, just sorry that i didn't stop in for words of encouragement. But, I'm back. No date scheduled yet for the boobie-reduction. I'm still waiting on the final approval from the insurance company.

the kid is finished with camp for the summer, home sick today with a fever, just a little virus...okay, I'll be right back, going to go weigh-in...and then, makng a commitment to a good day and a trip to the gym today.

love, Soozie
    (i'll be right back)
  • HI SOOZIE!! I haven't been doing that well either. My excuse? I have to use up food that nearly went bad during the power outage....(like those chips on top of the fridge!)
  • Oh yeah....I figured some of you were effected by that...is everybody okay????
    everybody survive it? You all could have come down here and used my a/c but, then, you wouldn't have been there to eat up the food...and...I heard that you couldn't even get gas as the pumps need electricity to work...
    okay, now I'm really gonna jump on that scale...
    okay, 179...
    but, I just talked to my insurance company and my surgery was approved!!

now I'm seriously inspired to get to the gym and work off the rest of this stuff so my whole body can match my new wet t-shirt contest, girls gone wild, boobies...oops, sorry to any of you that find even the mention of girls gone wil offensive...don't mean to demean...just can't help it...too excited about my boobs changing their course...no, I'm not succumbing to the will of the patriarchy...I'm just thrilled that I'll have no more constant pain and muscle strain in my traps...from carrying those things...and no more numbness in my hands from the bra straps constricting those nerve endings...just like in carpel tunnel but that tunneling happens up higher...and, of course, the boobs of my dreams...
    so, I'm not going to be a slug any longer...
    yeah, baybees, I'm a happy camper.

Love, Soozie...
    ps...hope my ranting inspires you Denny...and anyone else who needs it.
    just take control one minute at a time...
    love you.
  • YAY SOOZIE!!!!!! It is WONDERFUL that the insurance company is going to cover the procedure. They SHOULD, but they don't always do what they SHOULD do!!! I was GOING to write you a breast reduction poem, but I am just too tired right now!!! You are tempting me too babe!! I'm afraid that a couple of heavy jumps right now would result in a black eye!!!!

We no longer have to boil our water, which makes life a LOT easier!!! Still drying our clothes with the solar-powered clothes dryer (a little alternative energy humor there!!!) HOPE I CAN BUY A(n energy efficient) HOG SOON!!! We were hot and miserable, but other than that things were okay. we tried to make it into an adventure and just go with the flow! We actually got to know one of our neighbors better!! He had GROUND coffee, and we had a gas stove.....KISMET!!!!!

We are leaving for Tobermory tomorrow morning for two nights. Wish we could leave RIGHT NOW!!! I'm feeling HYPED!!! See you all Friday morning!!!
  • Hi Girls,
    176 today...not too shabby....one week to go and one pound to goal!

I like those numbers...

My yoga teacher is coming to the house today to work with me...
    time to start exercising again...I had fallen off of the wagon for a bit.
    Then I'll pack and we're going to the beach for a few days.
    I'll be walking, doing yoga, reading, eating healthy food...that's my plan
    anyway. Hope that you're all doing well.

Love, Soozie
  • Hey Soozie, could you email me, please? Thank you. Lost my addresses when I lost my computer.
  • sure...I'll be right there...
  • Have fun at the beach!! I HAD been doing well on the challenge, but got off track. At least my weight is lower than when the challenge started, but I doubt i'll meet goal.
  • Goal? We have goals?
  • YUP!! I plan to be PERFECT by the time I am 200!!!
  • Pounds or age, Den?