2% Body Weight Challenge #2!

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Staying at start weight for now, but hey- could be worse! Hoping to get to Zumba tonight! I feel so great after Zumba- wish the classes could happen at the times that were perfect for me! Lol a busy life really makes it hard to get to organized classes- I should look into DVDs.. But it's just not the same!!

Pixicat- you really blew away that water weight from Denny's- yay you!
  • Sw 163.6
    Cw 161.6
    Gw 160.4

Mtnmama, don't know if you have a Wii? They have a Zumba game for Wii too. Come to think of it, I should dig mine out! I keep thinking about joining the gym, but hard to justify when I have so much crap at home. I need to use it!
  • A slight gain this morning. I'm now back to where I started, and feeling like a yo-yo...aagghh!

SW: 152.75
    CW: 152.75
    GW: 149.75
  • Sw..247.4
    Cw 242.0
    Gw 238
  • Sw 149.6 lbs
    Cw 150.2 lbs 2nd day of period
    Gw 146.6 lbs

Hoping for the whoosh to come any day now!

It's strange. I left my condo at 150.0 lbs and I weighed in higher yesterday after two weeks of extensive efforts. I did not eat enough at the beginning of those two weeks (around 800 cal.). I counted calories precisely three days after that I ate around 1000-1200 cal.. It helped with energy during exercise and I stopped feeling so dizzy. I ate in that range on most days, but ate more at others without going over the top. I completed long hilly bike rides under hot weather (more than 40 km). I hiked a mountain ( a six hour workout). My lowest weight was 148.8 lbs and I hope I will be able to be under that this week.

In my twenties, I used to follow the Scarsdale Diet. My weight could fluctuate between 138 and 124 in two weeks - that is 14 lbs in two weeks, weight that I lost in the healthy BMI range the whole time. I did it several times and I know it was mostly water weight (from binging), but still it was so much fun to see the scale move by 2, 1 or .5 lbs every day.

It is surreal to me to lose at such a slow pace, but then I look at myself and I am losing inches, building strong leg muscles and my abdomen looks so more well defined. But seriously, I never knew it took SO much effort to lose weight. I have so much admiration for you gals who have been doing this for months or years.

Sorry, I needed to share my frustrations a bit. ;-)
  • Sw: 256.8
    Cw: 255.2
    Gw: 251.8
  • Sw 157.2
    Cw 159.2
    Gw 154
  • holding steady at the moment, but my legs are sore so maybe I'll be down tomorrow

sw:249.4
    cw:248.6
    gw:244.4
  • Sw 337.8
    Cw 335.6
    Gw 331

Inching my way down!

Matisse: I understand the frustration- but I know all that hard work is benefiting you for sure! The scale will surprise you soon with a whoosh I'm sure. Back when I was working out hardcore and weighed a lot less I remember holding on to a lot of weight- then after a day off from strenuous work... Whoosh! Lost 2 pounds or more. Could it be possible that your body needs a rest day- or a few more calories on days when you are really busting your butt hiking and whatnot! Don't be making yourself dizzy!!!
  • Yeah, I definitely got more calories when I was hiking and I started eating more (around 1200 cal.) two weeks ago which resolved the dizziness almost completely. Since then, I feel healthier and I have more energy.

Thanks for your answer. It was what I needed. I expected slow weight loss at some point, but later and closer to goal. I am the exact same weight as on July 26 th(a Friday too), so week 2, 3 and 4 have been a draw on the scale, but surely TOM must be masking some slow progress.

Thanks again and congrats on your 2.2 lbs overnight drop!! That's called a whoosh, I believe!
  • I'm still mimicking a yo-yo, stuck in the 152's!

SW: 152.75
    CW: 152.25
    GW: 149.75

Matisse: If you're seeing great results, that's more important than the scale, although I know how frustrating it can be when you do everything according to plan and the scales won't cooperate. I can only assume that the lack of movement on your scale is due to one of two things: 1) water retention, since the body will retain water in periods of high exercise in order to repair the little tears that happen in our muscles; 2) a combination of fat loss combined with your muscles getting larger, resulting in a net scale movement of nil...however, that's a good movement! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll continue to see results...first in the mirror and eventually on the scales!
  • Sw..247
    Cw 241
    Gw 238
  • Sw 163.6
    Cw 161.6
    Gw 160.4

no movement today.
  • "Up 1.4!!!! It was shocking but I know I didn't gain from yesterdays food. I did get in more exercise and I do need a little help in the bathroom dept. So I'm not going to let it bother me. I will keep on keeping on and this too shall pass."

I posted this over in the 5 lb challenge and same goes for here. No worries!
  • I'm up 1.4 as well onlybeleive and same goes, all it can be is exercise water weight as I have been OP