IP and Skin Issues?

• Hello Everyone!

I was on IP in the later part of 2012, and have just recently gone back on again to continue my weight loss. During my first go around, I noticed that I had some skin issues flare up, and new ones develop while I was on the diet. Specifically, my excema got worse, and I started to get a very dry scalp. I was wondering if anyone else every experienced this and if it could be contributed to the change in diet?

Thanks to all!
  • Quote: Hello Everyone!

I was on IP in the later part of 2012, and have just recently gone back on again to continue my weight loss. During my first go around, I noticed that I had some skin issues flare up, and new ones develop while I was on the diet. Specifically, my excema got worse, and I started to get a very dry scalp. I was wondering if anyone else every experienced this and if it could be contributed to the change in diet?

Thanks to all!
    This diet affected my thyroid functioning, which caused excess dry skin.
    The excema could be due to a sensitivity of some kind.
    There is a lot of soy in IP foods. Also, some people are sensitive to the artificial sweeteners.
    Your doctor could run a test for thyroid.
    The sensitivities are a little more difficult to figure out.
    You'd have to get off everything and then add back in one at a time until you determine the cause.

Good luck!