Old 09-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #1  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default "New" IP Questions Daily Friday Sept 16

Welcome to the questions thread if you have a question, or would like to introduce yourself please do. We are all here on a wonderful Journey and we can all do this together.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #2  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

i think this thread is a fantastic idea, and i'll tell you why! now the more experienced users can come here and answer as many questions as possible. since the thread is opened and closed every day, there is no way to get overwhelmed. all the newbies will get good, quality answers to their questions. there is a lot to learn about this diet and i am very happy that there is now a place where all questions can be answered in a quick and efficient manner!

ask away!!!

Last edited by longdivision; 09-16-2011 at 12:56 PM.
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Hey everyone, I too think this is a great idea. My only suggestion would be to maybe capitalize the word QUESTIONS or write it in another color or something to make it stand out. Just a suggestions though.

Ok, so now I do have a question. I have KP (keratosis pilaris) on my arms, and since about a weelk and a half ago it's gotten worse AND itchy. I'm confused.. I don't know if it's a rash or the KP has gotten aggravated or what. I haven't done anything different (soap, lotion, etc) So I would like to know if this is at all IP related.

About 5 weeks into the program I got a sort-of rash (just some random scattered red bumps) on my tummy.. they were itchy as well, but eventually they went away. This might sound.. weird.. but I actually noticed that my tummy went down during those days. Anyway I just would like to know if anybody has experienced rashes or itchiness or skin-related problems... if so, I don't have to worry.

The only other threads that I found related to IP and skin issues were mostly about acne, which has not been a problem at all. So, yeah any insight/experiences with this would be much appreciated!
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

+1 on loving the idea of this thread!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #5  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Default Keratosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
Hey everyone, I too think this is a great idea. My only suggestion would be to maybe capitalize the word QUESTIONS or write it in another color or something to make it stand out. Just a suggestions though.

Ok, so now I do have a question. I have KP (keratosis pilaris) on my arms, and since about a weelk and a half ago it's gotten worse AND itchy. I'm confused.. I don't know if it's a rash or the KP has gotten aggravated or what. I haven't done anything different (soap, lotion, etc) So I would like to know if this is at all IP related.

About 5 weeks into the program I got a sort-of rash (just some random scattered red bumps) on my tummy.. they were itchy as well, but eventually they went away. This might sound.. weird.. but I actually noticed that my tummy went down during those days. Anyway I just would like to know if anybody has experienced rashes or itchiness or skin-related problems... if so, I don't have to worry.

The only other threads that I found related to IP and skin issues were mostly about acne, which has not been a problem at all. So, yeah any insight/experiences with this would be much appreciated!
Okay so I googled it to see what was said before in IP and this is all that I was able to find. It seemed to clear up with IP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich
The bumps are most likely keratosis pilaris
and now that you mention it, I'm going to have to check my arms when I get home and see if it has gotten any better! (It just wouldn't do to be stripping down in the middle of Starbucks...)

Yes, that is what it is. Everything I have ever seen has pretty much said - no known cause! Very interesting that it is going away with this protocol. I hadn't heard of the dairy connection before. I have suspected that I have a gluten intolerance for awhile and thought maybe that might be a factor.

Do you think maybe you are allergic to something in the IP packets?

I am thinking one of the experience ones might help you out with an answer to this question.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:

Hey, i think i have that too but, my bumps are not really red more like skin color and you don't see it much but feel it. I always thought it was due to my dry skin. I have it on both sides of my upper arms and they have been more itchy the past week or so, i'm assuming its due to the colder weather and skin being dryer. Never had it anywhere else though and i've always had those as long as i can remember.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I have keratosis pilaris and it's not worse on IP, it's even on my forearms. I use Uremol 10 lotion and it helps a lot (the doc first gave it to me with steroids to help with the redness, now that's gone I just get it at the drug store). It's expensive so I don't share with the VIP, it's kinda 'runny' and goes on feeling that it would be greasy/tacky but then after 5 minutes it's gone. I especially love it in the winter time as it's a fantastic moisturizer....and well my arms look better for it!

Mine has never been itchy though so it kinda sounds like your allergic to something???? Take an allergy pill see if it changes at all? If it changes then you know it's an allergy I would guess. I would check it that way, IMHO!

Last edited by Ishbel; 09-16-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Okay so I googled it to see what was said before in IP and this is all that I was able to find. It seemed to clear up with IP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich
The bumps are most likely keratosis pilaris
and now that you mention it, I'm going to have to check my arms when I get home and see if it has gotten any better! (It just wouldn't do to be stripping down in the middle of Starbucks...)

Yes, that is what it is. Everything I have ever seen has pretty much said - no known cause! Very interesting that it is going away with this protocol. I hadn't heard of the dairy connection before. I have suspected that I have a gluten intolerance for awhile and thought maybe that might be a factor.

Do you think maybe you are allergic to something in the IP packets?

I am thinking one of the experience ones might help you out with an answer to this question.

Hey, Thanks a lot for taking the time to look it up!! I don't think I'm allergic to IP ingredients... because if that were the cause I probably would have gotten a reaction since day 1. It is possible that this is not IP related even.. I just... can't see what else it could be. On the other hand, hearing that this has cleared up for other people makes me hopeful!! I don't know... maybe those little guys (the bumps) are being "evicted" and are giving a fight :P one can hope, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Hey, i think i have that too but, my bumps are not really red more like skin color and you don't see it much but feel it. I always thought it was due to my dry skin. I have it on both sides of my upper arms and they have been more itchy the past week or so, i'm assuming its due to the colder weather and skin being dryer. Never had it anywhere else though and i've always had those as long as i can remember.
I think there's usually some redness associated with KP, but maybe you have a mild form. I do have the bumps on the same place, upper arms, both arms nowhere else (other people have it on their legs and/or face).
Old 09-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I have keratosis pilaris and it's not worse on IP, it's even on my forearms. I use Uremol 10 lotion and it helps a lot (the doc first gave it to me with steroids to help with the redness, now that's gone I just get it at the drug store). It's expensive so I don't share with the VIP, it's kinda 'runny' and goes on feeling that it would be greasy/tacky but then after 5 minutes it's gone. I especially love it in the winter time as it's a fantastic moisturizer....and well my arms look better for it!

Mine has never been itchy though so it kinda sounds like your allergic to something???? Take an allergy pill see if it changes at all? If it changes then you know it's an allergy I would guess. I would check it that way, IMHO!
Ok, I'm starting to think maybe it is an allergy to something then (not IP). I hadn't thought about taking an allergy pill! I will do that.

So, this uremol 10 you speak of, is that OTC?

Thanks everyone for your responses!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

I have the same condition on my arms. If your skin is dry it can get worse. You may want to be sure to get a quality omega complex as well as all of your good oils in your day.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #11  

Quote:
Ok, I'm starting to think maybe it is an allergy to something then (not IP). I hadn't thought about taking an allergy pill! I will do that.

So, this uremol 10 you speak of, is that OTC?

Thanks everyone for your responses!
..........what's OTC? lol

Google it so you can see a picture of it, it's usually by all the speciality lotions in the pharmaceutical isle (where the phisoderm is etc.).
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
..........what's OTC? lol

Google it so you can see a picture of it, it's usually by all the speciality lotions in the pharmaceutical isle (where the phisoderm is etc.).
Over the counter
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #13  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

At what meal do you take your 2nd Multi- Vita and Anti-Oxy?

I have been taking 1 at breakfast and then one at dinner.

Is this correct or should I be taking one at breakfast and one at lunch?

Last edited by YvetteSki; 09-16-2011 at 04:22 PM.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
At what meal do you take your 2nd Multi- Vita and Anti-Oxy?

I have been taking 1 at breakfast and then one at dinner.

Is this correct or should I be taking one at breakfast and one at lunch?
I do the same, no vitamins at lunch for me!

Thanks Busymom - duh, I laughed out loud that I didn't get OTC. lol
Old 09-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #15  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I do the same, no vitamins at lunch for me!
Thanks!
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote