Binge-free in June! Everyone welcome...We can do it!!!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • danzigurl- you're back yaay i missed you i was wondering where you were but i saw you posting in some other threads so i thought you were doing ok and didn't feel the need to post here.
    i'm fighting with school and exams also and it's hard but i started preparing and planning my meals in advance and so far it has helped me. let's conquer june together

hstello- you came to the right place and you're not alone in this.
    i think that once or twice a month is not bad as long as you get back on track. if you feel hungry don't deprive yourself because it will lead to binging.
  • I also want to get this month off to a good start though my binge today was not the way to go about it. XD

I'm looking for an accountability texting buddy, so if anyone would like to pair up in anti-binge eating efforts, perhaps we can work something out via pm.
  • Bad first week
    Well I definitely could be doing better about my binges this first week. I have had three episodes... it seems I do really well one day and then whoops the next day everything gets off track. So I am signing in to say I have had about 2-3 days without a binge lol...just not consecutively. I am frustrated but want to focus on the positives- I went grocery shopping and got a mix of good and bad food and am trying to just eat in during this next week. Also While I am binging I have successfully made it to the gym two weeks. So I feel that I am a least doing some positive actions to benefit me. Hope you ladies are doing well out there!
  • After a rotten start to the month, I am here and ready to go binge-free for the rest of the month! I'm off to Italy next week and plan to sample all the local delicacies, BUT in moderation. I've never gone more than a few days without a binge, and I'm determined to put that to a stop now!
  • Just had a mini binge in response to a mildy stressful situation, it really wasn't that bad (few bowls of cereal, some peanut butter and a couple apples...and some protein powder swirled with water) and I was able to stop myself so it was really just overeating rather than a binge, I even managed to take something out the oven before it cooked and put it right back in the fridge. Right now I want to go upstairs for some Cheezits that have been staring me down all week but I will not. I'm still going to go to the gym tonight, eat a light post workout snack, and get back on the horse first thing tomorrow morning morning. Looks like the rain should stop before 8 tonight so I can even walk to the gym!

I have to keep reminding myself that eating extra is NEVER a good idea and I will NOT be able to stop when I originally plan to. I'm so glad this forum is here, the accountability really does help.

6/6/13: The almost relapse.
  • Hey folks. Oh man! What a horrible start to this month. 2 binges already and tonight was truly epic. Let's just say the convenience store clerks are starting to give me weird looks. I have no shame, I keep going back! Now after some Pepto Bismo and a truly stuffed tummy I feel like my body is going to explode. It's time to talk to someone I think. I feel so out of control. Í hope the rest of the month is much better. I'm starting to think that it's time to stop counting calories so that I don't go cray cray when I go over. Let's keep our chins up though! Sounds like a lot of you are doing good.
  • Quote: I'm starting to think that it's time to stop counting calories so that I don't go cray cray when I go over.
    You've been doing it for years - trust yourself to know what a reasonable and moderate portion is like. Numbers crunching only produces more neurosis.
  • Today was good, I ate an extra apple at dinner but no big deal. I'm much more likely to be satisfied with meals if they feel 'complete' (meat, vegetable, something sweet) so I need to start allocating an extra 50-100 calories at dinner for fruit. I also had two small bites of free sample cake at the grocery store (I threw the rest underneath my car as I couldn't keep it with me while driving without during something I'd later regret (it was raining pretty bad so this didn't feel like littering)), stuff like that I think is normal and healthy.
  • Junk food detox is a great idea. I know ever since I started working I've been going up the ladder again. I was doing so good just not working it seems. Now I'm quitting my job to enter a new 'better' job, so I'm gonna use the time I have before starting my new job to get my act together with my diet and exercise and sleeping. Instead of saying I'm starting a diet, I'm gonna think of it as Junk food detox, which basically it will be cause every time we get rid of the junk it takes us a few days of bad cravings followed by irritation, moodiness, and headaches.
  • welcome jellybean wish you luck on your plan and new job!

i woke up today and my scales says that i lost about 5 pounds in the past few days being on plan. i don't know if it's my scale thats playing me but i'm so happy cause i haven't lost in a while and it's so encouraging. of course most of it was water weight.
    sun has finally arrived here are my mood is so much better even if i have to study so much i feel optimistic. i hope it stays that way.
  • Mini binge just occurred, lots of cereal, salted nuts, peanut butter, and fruit. Not enough to ruin what has been a decent first week but a mini binge nonetheless. This is exactly what happened on Thursday, cravings after taking a nap before the gym, I tell myself I can deal with the cravings by over indulging a bit but then I lose control. At least I didn't eat to the point in incapacitation and still made it to the gym, albeit late. Stuffing my face while tieing my shoes trying to get out the house in time. I know now that if I'm going to take a nap before going to the gym I need to keep a gallon of water by the bed and pre make a snack. Back on the horse tomorrow, actually, back on the horse right now.
  • I recently started a low carb/high fat and protein type diet and it did very well of keeping me from binging as I felt full, always. I didn't have my hunger signals going haywire.

However, I was put in a position tonight at a family member's house where the dinner was very carb heavy. It was my husband's grandmother and there's really no way of turning down the food without being asked a million times to eat. So I told myself that I would have a small portion to save face and I would just come home and have a high protein snack. One small portion turned into two portions and four slices of bread...then a piece of pumpkin bread...followed by a snickers ice cream bar.

......then a trip to mcdonalds about half an hour ago.

I felt so in control these past few days and I feel awful that something like that has led me to this uncontrollable urge to consume everything in sight. I know my triggers, I knew better.

I'm just really venting and I apologize. I feel awful :/
  • It's ok hstello, I'm the same way when it comes to family. It really does suck. Also when they say that I can have a small portion of stuff they just don't understand that I can't have ANY portion, otherwise I lose control and crave all over again.
  • Quote: It's ok hstello, I'm the same way when it comes to family. It really does suck. Also when they say that I can have a small portion of stuff they just don't understand that I can't have ANY portion, otherwise I lose control and crave all over again.
    exactly! it happens almost every time to me, family gatherings turning into binging out of guilt. i hate when everyone always watches my every bite and portions and then encouraging me to eat more...
  • Quote: It's ok hstello, I'm the same way when it comes to family. It really does suck. Also when they say that I can have a small portion of stuff they just don't understand that I can't have ANY portion, otherwise I lose control and crave all over again.
    It's so overwhelming! I feel like I'm personally offending them if I don't eat. There's already so much self consciousness as it is because I moved to PA with my husband but I'm from Texas. I've only been here a year. I understand that they're being hospitable and trying to make me feel at home...but it's borderline stressful because I know what's going to happen, no matter how conscious of my triggers I am.

Quote: exactly! it happens almost every time to me, family gatherings turning into binging out of guilt. i hate when everyone always watches my every bite and portions and then encouraging me to eat more...
    I agree! They watch your every bite and ask you how you like it. It's not the norm to refuse food by saying, "Sorry, I can't eat your spaghetti because I know it'll lead to a 5k calorie binge later and I just can't handle that."

*sigh*