Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm a binger too - and have gone a week without it! And a week without any junk food. It helps that my husband is back on track to, so we haven't had any junk in the house. But I can binge on non junk food too, so I'm glad that I've been able to avoid doing that too.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #32  

Just binge ate full stop "because it's Sunday". I'm disappointed in myself, I guess. Next week will be better, I guess.

Last edited by Granola; 06-09-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Granola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granola View Post
Just binge ate full stop "because it's Sunday". I'm disappointed in myself, I guess. Next week will be better, I guess.
You can always make today better! But I know for me, once I've started, it's hard to make the rest of the day better.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #34  

Height: 5' 10.5"

Quote:
sosurreptitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #35  

Thanks for the support guys, I always have trouble with Sunday's, they're my only scheduled day off from work during the summer and what starts as a casual (I'll just eat a little more/won't really worry about calories) session of overeating turns into devouring everything in sight. Next week will be better, I'm sure of it as I've identified the new post nap craving trigger that got me on Thursday and Saturday and I'll treat Sunday like every other day except maybe I'll buy myself something nice for lunch within my calorie range if I'm good all week. This thread is really helpful and June is not even one third over!

@Lizzy, same for me. Usually one total binge ruins me for the entire day, I ate a ton a watermelon (not the worst thing to binge on) after I made that original post but since then I've been fine and managed to walk to the gym. I'm going to make some vegetable soup for later tonight and try to entertain myself without food. The gassy bloating is horrible though, makes it really hard to not think about my stomach.

Last edited by Granola; 06-09-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

I haven't messed up yet, but for a couple of days, I've been thinking about sweets. I got a recipe book...oh man. I'm resisting, but kind of close to self-sabotage. It's just not worth it, my friends.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by laciemn View Post
I haven't messed up yet, but for a couple of days, I've been thinking about sweets. I got a recipe book...oh man. I'm resisting, but kind of close to self-sabotage. It's just not worth it, my friends.
Do you schedule cheat meals? From the sounds of it, you'll have to satiate yourself somehow.

I wish I could for once plan to and actually act on over eating or maybe cooking something really involved when I feel a binge coming on after a long good streak. I've had a cheat meal scheduled for like 2 or 3 weeks (depending on how you look at it, it's really been scheduled for months...) but it keeps getting pushed back as I continue to over eat or binge, now it's scheduled for next Wednesday or Thursday.

Anyway, though I did gain weight just from yesterday, last night was good and today has been good so far.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #38  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i did so well last week and even lost some weight and exercised a bit and even my cellulite has improved but something snapped yesterday and all i want to do was finish off all my nutella which i did and i binged pretty hard yesterday and today. i don't want to be ok one week and then binge the next. i' m self sabotaging myself again. i'm determined to be on plan tomorrow and my first exam is tomorrow also.

granola- i hope you're feeling better
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #39  

Quote:
Thanks for the support guys, I always have trouble with Sunday's, they're my only scheduled day off from work during the summer and what starts as a casual (I'll just eat a little more/won't really worry about calories) session of overeating turns into devouring everything in sight. Next week will be better, I'm sure of it as I've identified the new post nap craving trigger that got me on Thursday and Saturday and I'll treat Sunday like every other day except maybe I'll buy myself something nice for lunch within my calorie range if I'm good all week. This thread is really helpful and June is not even one third over!

@Lizzy, same for me. Usually one total binge ruins me for the entire day, I ate a ton a watermelon (not the worst thing to binge on) after I made that original post but since then I've been fine and managed to walk to the gym. I'm going to make some vegetable soup for later tonight and try to entertain myself without food. The gassy bloating is horrible though, makes it really hard to not think about my stomach.
That's good that you did get to the gym!

I've kind of binged on cheese today. I think I'll still be ok calorie wise but I ate way too much cheese and felt that out of control feeling.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
i did so well last week and even lost some weight and exercised a bit and even my cellulite has improved but something snapped yesterday and all i want to do was finish off all my nutella which i did and i binged pretty hard yesterday and today. i don't want to be ok one week and then binge the next. i' m self sabotaging myself again. i'm determined to be on plan tomorrow and my first exam is tomorrow also.

granola- i hope you're feeling better
I bought almond butter last week and it's struggle not to dip a spoon in every time I go into the kitchen but of course one spoon leads to two and so on...I overate a small amount yesterday before the gym and a small amount for breakfast this morning but overall I think I hit maintenance both days. If I do slip up, it takes a load of stress off to still eat normally for the rest of the day, even if it's hard as I always feel like I should punish myself for messing up. Today I got a little bit stressed out and walked into the kitchen but then before I even started I told myself that food with NOT solve my problems and walked out, the same is true for all of us.

Good luck on your exam tomorrow, hopefully tomorrow can be the first 'ideal' eating day of the week for both of us, but let's not over think it too much.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 154/154/134

Height: 5'6"

Default Really wish I had a better handle on my stress

I came home from college for the summer hoping to unwind from a tough semester. I have a high-stress job working in a daycare, 10-12 hours a day. I would go into details about what happened today, but it would just give me more grey hair. (As I'm only in my twenties, I'd like to avoid that). On top of that I am behind in my online nursing class, so much so that I could cry. So I came home and unproductively ate my feelings instead of going to the gym. I am so horrified I joined this forum just tonight.
I ate:
dinner: ravioli in homemade meat sauce, asparagus, side salad, and a dinner roll
then I kept going back to the kitchen for more...
1/3 bag skinnypop popcorn (little bowls, but I kept going back)
5 oreos with peanut butter
then a spoonful of peanut butter, plain
then another half spoonful
three pieces of cinammon bread from great harvest
four snickerdoodle cookies leftover from an open house
3 chocolate coated ritz peanut butter crackers
20 minipretzels and another spoonful of peanut butter

ugh this is terrible. It reads like a shopping list.
KatieMo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #42  

katiemo11, welcome ...and don't beat yourself up to much...we're all in this together. i had a similar situation as you last night.
it did so well all day untill after dinner when i finished of a bag of cookies from previous night telling myself that i need to get rid of it so i won't get tempted anymore. and as a result today i woke up at my heaviest with at leat 5 pounds up most of which is water but a 3day binge i probably gained 1 pound. ugh...
Old 06-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 216/ticker/164

Height: 5'8"

i came here to say that i had a thing of ice cream that i just finished "so i wouldn't be tempted anymore" so uh, i relate, missunshine.

it has been a rough few days and tomorrow is my weight watchers weigh-in. boo.
robotfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #44  

yesterday i did well, today also untill before dinner i ate a whole bag of cookies and kept going with dinner and a dessert...i'm so sick of myself, a few moments ago i realized how much this binging actually affects my life. i push people away and hide from them so i can be alone with my food. it's insane. i don't like to go out but i want to go with my friends. i feel like i'm missing out on so many things because of binging. i meand all i can focus on lately is food when i should be studying but i can't bring myself to stay focused for more than 15 minutes. i'm also affraid my life is going to pass without me even living it. i had so many oportunities and i let them go because of my eating disorder. ughhh i'm so mad right now!!
sorry guys i had to vent.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #45  

I just binged as well, I'm so far past the point of wanting to list everything and now, after the fact (well it won't be over until I finish these last 5 strawberries, or maybe not, I want to keep eating...) of course I wish I hadn't done it but 20 minutes ago what would become the catalyst food seemed completely innocent. I was just going to eat dinner a bit early, I just bought groceries and wanted to try them, etc, I don't know what I was thinking, there are so many things I could have instead but I chose to binge. And just like that, my Friday and entire weekend are ruined as I won't be able to take my mind off of what just happened. I feel too bloated to allow myself to take a nap and yet I'm too tired to do anything productive. I might force myself to the gym but today is my day off and no amount of exercise can undo what just happened.

I want the 2nd half of June to myself, I don't want to share it with binging, maybe I'll start hanging signs up in the kitchen, setting helpful reminders for myself when I'm feeling uneasy. I can't believe this just happened, I can't let this happen ever again.

@misssunshine, I do the same thing, pushing people away because I'm ashamed of myself and insecure. I don't want to be in contact with others until I reach my goal and the self imposed isolation leads to the kinds of emotions that then lead to binging.

I never recognize how close I am to binging until I actually do it, it's like backing up in car without a mirror, slowly driving backwards not having a clue how much room you have until you hit the other car. I just need to the find the binge eating equivalent to mirrors.

Tomorrow is the 15th. Binge free in the 2nd half of June, we can all do that, right?

Last edited by Granola; 06-14-2013 at 05:49 PM.