The first time in my adult life that I've actually enjoyed exercise

• Just a little celebration. I usually despise exercise. Like, I'd rather be sitting on a cactus, having a honey badger eating my toes, while having my lungs removed with a hot spoon.
    I've been working, forcing myself to go to the gym 3-5 times per week for the past month, being absolutely miserable each time. I drove the mile to the gym from my house, reluctantly started in on it and I don't know what happened. Suddenly I was actually enjoying myself! I pushed myself harder than I ever have before, and I actually loved every minute of it, I didn't dread it, I wasn't watching the clock, I just let myself go and enjoy the ride.
    I never thought I would feel that way, I thought it took someone who was really physically fit to actually enjoy being at the gym, but for me, I loved it today.

Maybe it was because I'm a teacher and have 500+ assignments to grade before Friday, and that was definitely more fun than grading assignments, but whatever the reason, I loved it!
  • Good for you. Keep pushing yourself to go to the gym
  • Congratulations!! You've just broken through the 'pain' barrier! Embrace this new you!

And guess what...with your forced sessions you've actually reached that fitness level that makes it enjoyable.