Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/200/125

Default The first time in my adult life that I've actually enjoyed exercise

Just a little celebration. I usually despise exercise. Like, I'd rather be sitting on a cactus, having a honey badger eating my toes, while having my lungs removed with a hot spoon.
I've been working, forcing myself to go to the gym 3-5 times per week for the past month, being absolutely miserable each time. I drove the mile to the gym from my house, reluctantly started in on it and I don't know what happened. Suddenly I was actually enjoying myself! I pushed myself harder than I ever have before, and I actually loved every minute of it, I didn't dread it, I wasn't watching the clock, I just let myself go and enjoy the ride.
I never thought I would feel that way, I thought it took someone who was really physically fit to actually enjoy being at the gym, but for me, I loved it today.

Maybe it was because I'm a teacher and have 500+ assignments to grade before Friday, and that was definitely more fun than grading assignments, but whatever the reason, I loved it!
kellzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #2  

Good for you. Keep pushing yourself to go to the gym
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #3  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations!! You've just broken through the 'pain' barrier! Embrace this new you!

And guess what...with your forced sessions you've actually reached that fitness level that makes it enjoyable.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote