PRAYER WARRIOR's Thread 2013 continued ...

You're on Page 9 of 35
Go to
  • Wendalyn, thanks for sharing this inspiring story.
  • I've been away a while and was so saddened to hear of Gary's passing. I have been praying for him and his family daily. I will continue to pray for Angie and his family. He will be missed.
  • Praying for you Rosebud. It is so hard for you I know I watched my friends go through treatments , much love sent your way. It is always good to see you Wilma and I too guilty not coming here as often as I need too . Many unseen but loved friends here. Bargoo praying here also.
  • THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS EVERYONE ~ I know that some of you have very busy lives, and so I appreciate it all the more that you take out time to pray for me and my family. My CHEMO went really well today; just had mild symptoms (nausea and tinny taste and that funny whoozines but they all only lasted for a minute or so just at the beginning. The rest of the day, I felt perfectly well and strong. PRAISE AND THANKS TO GOD for answered prayer and a great trip today.

Now the really hard time is over the next two weeks (esp the second; around the 10th to 14th days) as the side effects get worse at that time as the chemo meds take the most effect at that time. PLus I found out the reason that I have been feeling so hungry and gained some weight is from the steroids we are taking with our chemo; they cause extreme hunger and cravings, so you eat. That's good for some people, but not for others.

I was told not to worry too much but will be seeing a dietician next time I go for some tips, but I think I already know what she will say. I saw a diabetic counsellor who pointed out that a few prepared foods that I was eating had way, way too much salt. So I have to eat more natural things instead; so I'll be on the hunt for that; that includes more veggies, salads, unlimited fruit, and unsalted natural snacks.

WENDALYNN ~ THANKS SO MUCH for that lovely story; so touching and inspirational and something that I believe in so much as well! THE BEST IS REALLY YET TO COME ...

Recently I was sharing with someone how JESUS offers us a kind of peace the world does not and cannot offer -- that is a kind of Divine Serenity and Holy Tranquility (and it comes from God's HOLY SPIRIT). They help us get to the point in our spiritual growth/walks where we have learned through some tough life experiences -- TO LET GO AND LET GOD ... and TO TRUST HIM IN ALL THINGS!

To ACCEPT HIS WILL IN ALL MATTERS -- that is to do & allow what is good and right and best for ALL OF US in any given situation, esp regarding illness and death; and to RECOGNIZE HIS SOVEREIGNTY AND POWER in all aspects of our lives, becuz GOD is bigger and more powerful than us; and HE can do more than we could ever imagine -- HE has so much more in store for us in our next life. As Saint PAUL said, "We cannot even imagine what GOD has in store for us there" pp. 1 Corinthians 2:9 -- "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

Here's a link to a neat song about this subject ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LonOTKVmkeo

So while these kinds of illnesses are very difficult -- we are not defeated. While we may be broken-hearted, we are not hopeless; while we may be disappointed, we are not destroyed; while we are sad, we are not forsaken; and though we grieve, we are comforted, so that we may comfort others ...

GOD IN HIS INFINITE MERCY sometimes takes us home to heaven, to rescue us and our families from prolonged suffering -- which includes grieving both before and after their passing. So then, we pray and ask GOD to prepare them and their families for their passing therefore, I ask for a pain-free, peaceful transition back home.

They are not asleep; they are at peace. They are not suffering; they are healed. They are not alone; they are in heaven with all their loved ones who have gone on before; and with GOD, our loving Father; and with JESUS, our faithful Saviour & Friend.

They are not dead; they are TRANSFORMED, just as our LORD was ... Remember ~ HE IS RISEN! Our LORD rose on the third day, to show us that we will too. So, REJOICE; REJOICE; and again I say, REJOICE! For GOD'S EVERLASTING LOVE & MERCY & GRACE ... (((HUGS)))
  • I went for a 5K walk yesterday. Some of you know Gary had started a 5K (3.1 Miles) walk, exactly 5 years ago. Another thread suggested that those of us that wanted to do it again in Gary's memory. I did it yesterday and as I walked I was singing a chorus to an old song....

Oh! That will be glory for me
    Glory for me, Glory for me
    When by his Grace
    I shall look on His face
    That will be glory
    Be Glory for me.
  • Rosebud-- saying prayers for you and hoping the side effects are minimal for you. I think about everyone here a lot and I know I don't take the time that I should to let everyone know how much you all mean to me.

Bargoo-- I also did the 5K in honor of Gary. I wasn't even concerned about time--- just wanted to reflect on all the nice, crazy, fun things that he has posted here on 3fc for the last 11 years.. It was a nice walk.
  • THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR PRAYERS ~ I really did well this time; again only mild side effects at the start for just a few minutes; and that is awesome. Felt good and strong since then as well. I awoke the night of the chemo day, singing the song, "HE TOUCHED ME -- and made me whole" -- that was so comforting to me.

My DAD & GRACE are up and we went to see their cottage nearby for the first time; and had a light dinner and lovely visit. We will see Dad & Grace again today as they will be staying up for a few days. GRACE's surgery is going to be on JUNE 4th (not 5th) so I will correct that in the current list (my DAD got the dates mixed up).

Woke up late in the night with a few nausea waves, but as before they only lasted a few seconds each time. Got up and had a coffee and felt better right away. PRAISE GOD, I am doing well, but do need to catch up on some sleep as my hours get screwed up for the xtra-early appts and travelling.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME; I know that GOD is answering everyone's prayers from our Warriors here, my Partners in a couple other places, and of course, our family and friends. I am blessed to have so much support around me and prayers for DH too. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL ...

PRAYER REQUEST ~ for a young mother (name is RACHEL: pronounced ROCHELLE) with two small children that was having chemo with us on Tuesday. She had a bad allergic reaction the first time, but was OK the second; they think it was the steroids for nausea so changed it to another one. Her Aunt (who is also a cancer survivor) came in later to check on her, but missed her and was so worried for her. She told us that she had been bargaining to GOD for her niece but we told her that we would be praying for them both; actually we are praying for all of them.

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours too, as always ...
  • Rosebud, your prayer request for the cancer patients reminds me of something I heard my pastor say. He related a story of a woman sitting next to him on an airplane. I don't remember the details but do remember him saying, "She can't stop me from praying for her." My belief is that sometimes people that know how to pray are sometimes put in the path of people that need prayer. I think that is what happened with the lady and her niece that you spoke about. You probably already know this.
  • Wendalyn's story gave me goosebumps when I read it. Thanks so much for sharing that.

Rosebud, I think of you and your battle so often. Your positive attitude and wonderful posts keep me inspired to keep my own thoughts in a good place. I had an appointment yesterday at the hospital with my fertility doctor but he's just one floor up from my cancer doctor. I'm always so mindful of all the patients I see and how lucky I am to be fighting a good fight. God has been so good to me thus far, I can't wait to see what He has planned for my future. No matter what path I'm given, I know He will take care of me.

Bargoo, I so agree with your post. Sometimes I pray for people but don't tell them as I don't want to offend them. And sometimes I encounter people who offer to pray for me and I get a warm, tingly feeling and am so glad they want to pray for me.
  • All of you in my prayers and thoughts . I heard from a dear friend at last, that I been missing. I was so scared something was terrible wrong, what a blessing it was to hear from her the other morning. God is so good! Thank you Lord....
  • Quote:
    God has been so good to me thus far, I can't wait to see what He has planned for my future. No matter what path I'm given, I know He will take care of me.
    ELVISLVR ~ yes, I feel the same way. I am so blessed to have so many caring friends and family that are surrounding us with so much love and support during this time too. I am so very grateful; and I really believe that I am here for goodly and GODLY purpose -- to encourage others along the way. Plus, if I can survive having a giant tumor removed, and a total hysterectomy done all at once, others can survive too. My wish is that it will give them all hope ...

I was also so very impressed that my surgeon was so aggressive with my care -- not waiting around for all my symptoms to get worse and weaken me even more. I was losing almost a lb a day just before surgery. I thank GOD for that brave & wise man & his team every single day.

WILMA & BARGOO & BOOTSIE & OTHERS ~ thanks so much for your prayers and support. I had some really good news from my oncologist's assistant this week -- she told us that they consider my cancer to be totally curable so that was so encouraging to hear, esp for my family. This is becuz of the early stage microscopic cells, and they were well contained within the tumor and didn't spread through all those years -- what a mighty miracle that was and is ... PRAISE GOD!!!

My tests continue to come back with good results as well; and I have been doing so well that they all say that they are amazed by it, esp since I had just had double major surgery just 8 weeks prior to starting my chemo rounds; and others said it took them longer to recover from theirs. I could feel the LORD's hand with me and my surgeon & his wonderful team. I could feel the results of all your prayers and I still do.

I still get visions and dreams and confirmations from GOD all through this process. I am so blessed and I know it. The LORD has been so faithful to me. You know, JESUS said "Abide in me and I will abide in you". I will never leave you nor forsake you (no matter what happens).

BARGOO ~ I agree, and I thank GOD continually; and spend a lot of time paying it forward -- praying for others who do indeed need prayers desperately. I really believe that GOD is putting me in their path. That lady that has been bargaining her life for her nieces almost made me cry on the spot. The nurse with us said, "We are going to keep you both!" I told them that untold numbers are praying for me and that we are praying for them ALL too!

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...
  • Friends are special gifts from our Lord and I feel so well blessed here! So thankful your cancer is curable! Praise the Lord! I bet those are some awesome dreams Rosebud. Gary and I talked about someday touching the hand of Jesus, how that would be so awesome! I plan on being 100 years old at the time; just hope I am not to old to enjoy the moment.
  • Rosebud, I thank God for you. I think of you as a true servant of God, you have the gift of knowing how and when to pray , may God bless you abundantly for all you do.
  • Haven't been here in a while, but always remember y'all in my prayers.

Rosebud So glad to hear the good news about the cancer being gone. I have a friend in church that I saw today and she is going through treatments too and she looks great. I'm sure she is wearing a wig and it looks good on her too. The doctor says she is doing so well because she has a great attitude. Of course, she says it is the prayers. However, I think the key to the way things have gone for you and her are both the prayers and attitude. She is 80 yrs old and gets around great and says "God still has things for me to do". I thought of you when she said that to me. I believe that is true for you as well.

Prayers continue for all.
  • Oh Trish that is so awesome, my friend is in her 80's too and she has her ups and downs but she keeps pushing forward, love her like a Mother.God still has things for me to do! love it!
    Feeling bad today but I will get over it think I have a touch of virus better get over it, I have work that needs to be done! Got my pickup packed up have to wash cabinets and walls and plant watermelons and I know I am late but potatoes tomorrow , think I am planning too much!