2013/Part 1: Getting out of the 220s and 230s.

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • This thread has been surprisingly quiet lately. Hrm.
    I didn't go as crazy as I could have this weekend. LOL. I did have half a burger and onion rings yesterday after the Ice Festival, but DH and I also didn't have lunch. All the places at the Ice Festival had run out of food by the time we got there. I'm up a little bit today. This week I'm just trying to stay present- and then after my birthday I'm going on a 21 day sugar cleanse.
  • Hey!! Just checking in quick, just got home from the doctor's office. I'm an official 2-teener weighing in at 218.2 this morning!! I partied (diet style exercise, that is) my butt off this week, I guess the exercise paid off!

I'm still going to haunt this thread though, I love you guys. I couldn't have made it this far without you all.

I'll be back in a bit, got a few things to do. Hope you are all having a nice Monday!
  • Congrats Elvislover!!! Hopefully we'll all be joining you very very soon!
  • Wooohooo! That's great!! I'm going to miss everyone. After my birthday I need to really crank things into high gear to make it to the next thread!!
  • Thanks everyone! I still can't believe it. I thought I'd be in the 30s forever and then the 20s went a bit quick (but not quick enough of course!).

One-derland, here I come!!
  • That's awesome elvislover and ella!! Way to go!

Tomorrow is my WI day so I'll post the results then.

I just looked through some of my old posts from 2011, they were very interesting and very motivating. Just reading about how excited I was when I would jump another hurdle was inspiring. What I also found motivational was seeing other people in the same thread at the same weight I was, and by looking at their ticker I could tell they made it to goal.

It has certainly renewed my drive!
  • Congratulations Elvislover that's so exciting!
  • Missy- Good Luck today! I have an official WI today too, but I've been drinking lots of water already today. :: shrugs :: But on the plus side- I get to do inches today!
  • Thanks ladies!! I'm making reservations down there for all of you to join me very soon! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel to get to one-derland now that I moved on down. It took me 2 months to get from 240-220 so I assume 220-199 will be just over 2 months but I am *trying* not to obsess!

Good luck at your weigh-in, Lunarsongbird!!
  • Good luck to you too lunarsongbird!

I'm down another 2! Yay me! lol

I also had a NSV this weekend. I stopped into Eileen's cookies and bought three of them, and they're huge! Anyway, when I got home I realized the only reason I bought them was because I hadn't had lunch and was hungry. So I sealed them up and fixed myself a healthy lunch instead. Aside from what my boyfriend ate, and the small bite I had, they're still sitting there and I haven't had a desire for them at all!
  • Wow, y'all are doing great! Fond farewells to those who have graduated out of this thread!

I'm still stuck in the high 220s right now but I had a nice NSV today. I have a job interview on Thursday and I had nothing in my closet that would work for this. Things were either too big or not appropriate for a formal interview. So, I quickly went shopping for an interview outfit. Now, in the past, this kind of shopping trip was a damned trauma, even in plus size stores. Today? Damn if I didn't have choices. I found a nice jacket, slacks and shell that I really like. Best of all, except for the jacket, the other pieces are a size 18. (The jacket is a size 20 and slightly too big except in the shoulders. I've got football player shoulders.) I also bought another top just because it caught my eye and it's also a size 18.

Y'all, I have not worn size 18 since high school.

Holy ****.
  • Precious Missy---awesome on the 2lb loss!! And way to go on the cookies!!! Now you just have to toss them to get them out of sight!! They'd be old and stale soon anyways!!

Awesome Garnet!! I am sure you rocked your interview in your fancy new outfit, feeling and looking good! I totally understand the trauma shopping trips. I used to be the biggest size in the store, now I have choices and have to pick between sizes depending on the item. At this point, I can be a 14-16-18-20 and I'm so happy!! I try not to buy too many 20s as I hope to be out of them totally soon (!!) but I do buy them depending on the deal. I was so sad today that a 1x vest I bought (an outfit vest, not like a coat) right around Christmas time is way too big to wear now but what can I do. It hardly fit then!

I know I am supposed to be in my new thread but I can't stay away!!
  • Grats on you NSV Garnet! I think getting to drop sizes is even more exciting than dropping the pounds.

I love shopping but it's hard for me to justify buying clothes right now when I'm continuing to drop sizes (and since I don't need them for work). I finally gave in and bought 3 simple shirts because all mine are way too big and let in air underneath. I think i'll give in and get a new sweatshirt jacket next week too.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • Elvislover - YAY that there's no cancer and you can move forward with the getting pregnant portion of the year. I'm so very happy for you! Also....2teens?!?! You've been a meteorite this month!!

Congrats on everyone's losses, be it pounds or inches, way to go ladies!!

I had a really off plan week. My TOM showed up 10 days early but the scale went wonky days before that, so I kind of freaked out! Had some off plan things, quit logging and really slid into a funk. Then TOM showed up and I felt ridiculous. With that, plus the job searches and debating when to move and to where and the financial stuff.....it became just a bit much. I tried staying focused, but sometimes....ugh. I don't feel I was -weak-, I just feel like I got distracted. I slid right back into that habit of taking care of everyone elses emotional/physical needs I let mine slide down the scale. Finally yanked myself back around and realized I need to make myself just as important as everyone else is to me, so I may as well treat myself as nice as I treat them.

The scale and I are taking a break until TOM is over, I realize it kind of freaks me out to see a 4-6 pound upward swing, seemingly overnight without explanation. And, from my last 2 kids, I vaguely recall the closer they got to the 12-15 month age range, the wonkier my periods and hormones got as they finally started to settle back down into a more predictable pattern.

Have a great day ladies, we're hunkered in and waiting for an ice storm, which should be loads of fun.
  • Thanks Elvislover! And Garnet, I can't wait to have the same NSV as you just did! Awesome job!

Last night my boyfriend asked me to make chicken enchiladas tonight. My head almost exploded! He likes extra cheese and flour tortillas...this just isn't going to work for me (flour is not my friend). He has been blessed with a high metabolism, his weight hasn't fluctuated more than 10lb since high school, more than 24 years ago.

Then it hit me! I could split how I make them! One half of the pan will be the way he likes them and the other half I'll leave out the cheese and use corn tortillas instead.

Now, instead of dreading dinner, I'm looking forward to it

Angihas2, we're getting ready for a storm here, too. The last couple of days I've heard anything from 0.5-8 inches...no one can seem to agree haha!