What is your NSV this week?

You're on Page 25 of 32
Go to
  • RadioJane, I love your outlook!

I know this is less exciting than seeing physical changes.. but I'm in my third week of exercising regularly and today I stayed on the Elliptical for 55 mins on Interval and burned 531 calories. That was my NSV today! (Also, my weight went down - but that's a different topic for a different thread :P)
  • Having someone say to me, who I have not seen since the Fall,"omg you look like you did in high school!" I've been smiling all day!
  • Today it was nice enough that I didn't need to wear my usual hoodie or zip up to work. I am in a tshirt and capris, I got stopped by 3 people on the way to the bathroom to be told how great I look, and when I say thanks, I have I have lost 30 lbs, they told me it looks like much more (I am going to take that as a compliment for sure) I feel pretty awesome today
  • A young guy {20} "Look at those great "cuts " in your arms" He is into weightlifting. I use dumb bells and do lots of circuit training and running.
    I am 61 this month..NICE to have some one remark on them.
  • I bought my first cute exercise outfit. I usually wear one of my husbands Tshirts. So oversized tshirt and sweats. To cover all the rolls. Today at Costco I saw a cute shirt and some capri exercise pants. I bought 2 shirst and one pants. This is big for me to go out in a tight shirt and pants. I think I look good. :-) A big improvement from last August.

• Lishar, you look better than "good", you look freakin' FANTASTIC!!! Love the new outfit!!
  • Hiked 5 miles today with some fairly steep grades.
  • Okay, I know this is more like a SV than a NSV but I don't want to start a new thread just to state my little victory I made today.

Per the BMI charts I am no longer obese!!

Progress Pics

ETA: I guess I could put this in the mini goal section.....
  • Slack, yes slack, in the lap belt on the plane. I always yank the thing out as far as it will go through habit, but I had to dial it back yesterday!

And I ran a mile on the treadmill today.
  • Quote: Slack, yes slack, in the lap belt on the plane. I always yank the thing out as far as it will go through habit, but I had to dial it back yesterday!
    Ah, this one is HUGE! I think about that freaking seat belt all the time as a motivator. It's so hard to travel while big. One of the BEST things about losing weight was fitting into that seatbelt and tugging it tight over my waist. One of the most awful things about regaining is having to do an awkward manuever where I have to wrestle with the seatbelt to get it fastened. Taking a trip next week and I HOPE I've already gotten enough back off to be able to buckle it without doing the in-the-seat jig. Congrats to you!
  • Lishar you look WONDERFUL! You look very fit and athletic! Lavender is a great color on you too.

Ian - Congratulations! The airplane is a foe of many.

Thnknthin - Just looked at your before and after pics and HOLY SMOKES - you're doing great!

Rodeo - Nice job on the hike!

A recent NSV of mine, after putting off jeans for the ENTIRE time I was losing weight out of fear I'd still be a very big size - I fit into size 10 jeans! From one of those fancy designer places too. I'm shocked!
  • parktrotSize 10!! You are ROCKING IT!!

My NSV-- DH says my face looks thinner, and I'm wearing a shirt that has been hanging in my closet unworn because it pulled a bit across my belly. Now it fits.
  • Put my favorite DKNY shirt in the donation pile today...broke my heart...and almost showed my heart (and more!) it's so droopy now. Definitely a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen!
  • Quote: Hiked 5 miles today with some fairly steep grades.
    Wow! That's some intense hiking! Every now & then, I wonder if I could hike. Now that I'm in better shape, I could probably handle it.

Anywho, my NSV is a bit weird, maybe TMI. But last night, as I was taking a shower, I couldn't help noticing how much less of me there is! My legs are a lot leaner, making shaving quicker & with fewer injuries, lol.
  • I have a pair of jeans that are size 15 juniors that I bought when I was in college over five years ago. When I first bought them, they were too tight so I put them away until I lost weight. I only wore them once. I tried them on when I first started my weight loss journey in March and I couldn't get them up past my knees. Last month when I tried them on, I could only get them up to my butt. Tonight, I decided to try them on for the heck of it and I was able to get them all the way up and buttoned!! They are so tight that I can't breathe and cause an ugly muffin top but they actually buttoned. I don't think I'll be able to wear them comfortably until around 190. I think I was between 195 and 200 when I decided to store them because they were too tight. I'll definitely be rocking these jeans by the end of the summer.

P.S. The only time I wore these jeans was to a Bob Dylan concert in 2006 and I have tickets to see Bob Dylan in July. It would be great if I could wear the same jeans to the same concert over five years later.