What is your NSV this week?

You're on Page 13 of 32
Go to
  • I am wearing a skirt for the first time in 8 years. And boots! Oh...and a fitted shirt...

I feel naked!!!!!!!!
  • Congrats to you both!!!

I'm hoping when May comes around I can go summer dress shopping!
  • I went to the doctor this week, and the nurse didn't automatically reach for the "large adult" blood pressure cuff!

Side (scale-related) note: They didn't have to move the "big" weight on the doctor's scale up to 200 for me! It got to stay at 150! That hasn't happened in at least 10 years.
  • Quote: Side (scale-related) note: They didn't have to move the "big" weight on the doctor's scale up to 200 for me! It got to stay at 150! That hasn't happened in at least 10 years.
    Oh oh oh I want to have the 150 only too. :-)

After years of being frumpy I am taking pride in my apperance. I am trying new eye makeup techniques to make my eyes less tired looking. I am trying new hairstyles because I want to look nice. For year I just did not care. So that is a victory right?
  • I recognized emotional eating when it was triggered and instead of buying and eating a dozen cookies I had just 1 truffle.
  • Went grocery shopping and bought no Famous Amos cookies (I was eyeing them as they are my favorite!) plus no pop (soda lol)! Only picked up my new fav healthy snacks Woohoo!
  • I fit into my size 16 pants. My size 18 jeans had been tight a few weeks ago. When I put them on last night I had to pull them up a few times. So I tried my 16 and they fit. A bit tight in the waist but they fit. So I have a new pair of pants to wear. Woohoo.
  • Super frustrating day, in a rough no "me time" week.
    No planned meals.

Last straw, dense husband.

0000000000 000000000

Pick up pizza delivery menu.

Picked up phone.

Put phone down.

Wrote a list of while I was mad. Sliced up some cucumber "chips" and filled water bottle.

Proud.
  • Today I feel crazy bloated and my boobs feel huge/swollen, like PMS.

I went to put on my work clothes dreading it b/c when you are swollen they are always soooo uncomfortable.

Well, my pants and shirt are still LOOSE now, even when I am swollen!! Made me so happy!

I am still in the same size and haven't dropped a full size yet, BUT, I've lost enough to where even feeling fat and miserable, my clothes are still loose.

I love that!
  • My favorite purse ripped under the strap and I was ready to cry. I don't normally get so attached to such things, but it's one of the very first "nice" things I bought when I really started to feel better about myself a few months back. And I don't normally spend so much on such things either but it was on sale ($40 marked down from $70), it was gorgeous, *and* doubled as a case for my iPad.

Well ok, I know this doesn't sound anything like an NSV yet, but as I was sulking over it yesterday, I glared at the purse my aunt gave me a few months back, one I graciously accepted but wondered if I'd ever get any use out of it. Why? It has a short strap. Why oh why have short straps been so popular lately? I've always had to use the longer crossbodies because I could never keep the damned short ones on my shoulder! I don't know if it's because the top of my shoulder is so round from my excess weight, or if it's because my side sticks out too much and pulls it off. Or maybe it's a combination of both? Either way it's been both annoying and depressing. But I really had no choice but to transfer everything over.

And OMG. It actually stays on my shoulder.
  • Since I've lost so much weight, my wrists (now 7 inches) are small enough to wear a watch again. I had decided some time ago to buy myself a watch when I hit the 75-pound milestone.

Well, tonight I was looking online and I found a watch that I just fell in love with. I showed it to my husband who bought it for me tonight! Why? Because he says I deserve for how hard I've worked and how far I've already come and an arbitrary number doesn't matter. So he ordered it for me.

My eyes leaked a little.

Here's the watch:

• Quote: I fit into my size 16 pants. My size 18 jeans had been tight a few weeks ago. When I put them on last night I had to pull them up a few times. So I tried my 16 and they fit. A bit tight in the waist but they fit. So I have a new pair of pants to wear. Woohoo.
    I wore 16s today too, omg, the best day ever! I only tried them on to see how much more I had to go before they'd button. I wore them with a tank top and zip-up sweatshirt so it covered everything well. I couldn't believe it, I wanted to wear them all day and night, even to bed lol!!!
  • The shorts I bought 8 years ago fit again. The skirt that I bought about 6 months ago that was way too tight is actually comfortable enough now that I feel like I could wear it in public.
  • My daughter bought me a necklace for my birthday. It is on an 18 inch chain. I cringed when I saw that...18 inches on me equals a choker. I was terrified it wouldn't fit and she wanted me to wear it right then and there. I KNOW for a fact that two months ago, 18 inch chains did not fit. I broke one on January 18th as a matter of fact. So...I put it on hoping against hope and...IT FIT! In fact, I have slack even! A good inch or more of slack!!! I haven't been able to wear an 18 inch chain in 10 years!!!! NSV for me! WOOT!
  • These are all so great! I love reading this thread.

I did a happy dance today. I finally dug out my tape measure and quickly measured my waist this morning -- it was 38", two inches smaller since the last time I measured it a little over a month ago! I haven't lost much on the scale since then, but I've been working out very regularly.

Having a waist under 40" is a big deal for me! I'm very apple-shaped (although I actually have a defined waist now) and my middle has always been disproportionately large. At my heaviest, my waist was over 50".