Maintainers Moving Through October

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • It's autumn, a time of summer ending and the colder months beginning. It's a transitional time, which means it's a good time to make changes, to try new past-times and new ways of living. The air is sharp and crisp like a newly picked apple. So bite into it. Kick up any leaves strewn across your path. Enjoy the body that you've been given -- it's the only one you're ever going to have. And get it moving.

• Monday, Oct. 1st:

45 minute spin class, with two weight intervals
    60 minute circuit training class. That thing where we do bridge pose and roll an exercise ball back & forth killed my hamstrings.
  • Monday, October 1:
    -18 minutes HIIT on elliptical. Ran out of time. Round 2 in the afternoon!
  • Hike this morning preempted by nasty cold rain. 4mi tonight. 4 sets pushups/stretching.

Like the photo and the words, saef.
  • Oct. 1: I bagged the swim and walked the dog (40 min, 2.25 mi) and did 60 min on the elliptical in the cardio cinema. Evening dog walk was rained out (again).
  • JohnKY, thanks, as in that initial post for the month, when I do it, I think of myself as creating an inspirational or motivational poster. We have those things plastered on the walls at my office, mainly in the corridors and stairwells. Of course, there it's just propaganda to get more work out of us.

Tuesday, Oct. 2:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, resistance at eight, aerobic setting
    60 minutes chest, shoulders and triceps routine
    60 minute spin class with weight intervals
  • Monday afternoon, Oct. 1:
    -5 mile run on bike path. Perfect weather, great run. 45 minutes.

Tuesday, Oct. 2:
    -upper body weights routine. OK session.
  • Oct. 2: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), spin class
  • Wednesday, Oct. 3rd:

45 minute spin class, with weight intervals
  • Nothing October 1

October 2: 60 minutes UJam class

Totals:
    1 day
    60 minutes
  • 10/02

3 mi hike in morning. 2.5 mi over steeper hills in evening. 4 sets pushups/stretching.
  • 10/03

2 mi hike in morning. 2 mi tonight. 3 sets pushups/stretching
  • Oct. 3: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), power class
  • Thursday, Oct. 4:

60 minutes elliptical, random intervals, resistance at nine, half of it going backward
    60 minutes Pilates mat class, sparsely attended because of on-and-off torrential rain.
  • Quote: Nothing October 1

October 2: 60 minutes UJam class

Totals:
    1 day
    60 minutes
    October 3: 95 minute Bikram Yoga class. Great class....

Totals:
    2 days
    155 minutes