OMG...My dinner was AWESOME!!!

• We had Big Mac in a Bowl and some rutabega fries...it was the perfect Friday night dinner. Very filling and quite flavorful. What a wonderful treat for a meal.
  • One of my favorite meals. The last time I made the rutabaga fries, they were not so tasty. Some rutabagas are very strong tasting. Now I am feeling up to trying it again. :0)
  • I read they are season right now, they were quite tasty and had a lovely color. I brushed them with a bit of olive oil and seasoned them with Emerils seasoning. Some more salt right when they came out...they were delightful. I can't wait to try them mashed with some spices.

In all my years of doing low carb I had never made the Big Mac in a Bowl...it was yummy.
  • I also tried big mac in a bowl for the first time today and loved it!! Going to have to try the rutabaga fries, but the truth is I don't even know what one looks like
  • I love big mac in a bowl!!! We have that at least once a week here!
  • What is big mac in a bowl??? Sounds amazing!
  • Lettuce, chopped onions and pickles, ground beef and WF thousand island dressing.

So yummy!
  • oh my... Now i know what i am trying tonight!!!!
  • My kids love the big mac in a bowl too! I am not a fan of thousand island so I use homemade salsa on mine.
  • We loved it and both my husband and commented on how filling the meal was...between the big mac and rutabega fries we were actually stuffed. So next time, less fries and a small salad with it. It was an odd uncomfortable feeling to be so stuffed.
  • I'm totally into making the rutabaga soup. Its really tasty and filing. Its probably in the recipe thread.
  • I am trying this tonight.. In Alberta we had a recall on all ground beef packaged from middle of august till middle of september but its all good now so i am diving into this tonight!
  • Quote: Lettuce, chopped onions and pickles, ground beef and WF thousand island dressing.

So yummy!
    THANKS I'm sitting here @ wk craving a Big Mac so i will def try this
  • Haven't tried the big Mac in a bowl yet, but I will soon. I LOVE the rutabaga fries, though. I brought them to a pot luck dinner last night so others could eat them. They liked them, but they would just as soon eat French fried potatoes..... For me, I love the fact that I'm eating something good for me, even though too many of them make me feel very full.
  • I tried this last night and all i got to say is this salad is AMAZING!!! My husband made himself burgers last night and i didn't even crave them! The salad was better than a burger!