OCTOBER exercise challenge!!!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • How's everyon doing on their workouts so far this week?
  • Yay for accountability! Let's do this!

Exercise Goal: Exercise at least 20 minutes everyday.

OCTOBER

1 Nothing
    2 Couch to 5 k, week 1 day 2
    3 Yoga class (legs shaking still!)

• Exercise Goal:

To exercise at least 3-4 times a week for one hour each time. My goal is to focus on cardio then later on I will focus on strength training.

OCTOBER

1 60 mins (walking and running outdoors) Wasn't as bad as I thought it was it was great being outdoors instead of stuck in the gym
    2 60 mins (walking and running outdoors)
    3 No exercise
    4 No exercise
    5 60 mins (walking/running outdoors)
    6 No exercise
    7 No exercise

Week 2
    8 No exercise
    9 60 mins walk & run

Exercise Goal: Burn 500 calories per day/ 6 days per week.

4: none
    5: 10 min toning + 5 mile walk (WATP)
    6: none
    7: none

8: none
    9: none
    10: none
    11: none
    12: none
    13: none
    14: none

15: Upper Body Toning
    16: none
    17: Lower Body Toning

• So inspired by all of you who are keeping up with your workouts... As for me (ashamed to say) today is looking like day 1!
  • I hope it's not too late to join in!

Exercise goal: To get back to the level of fitness I had before I got sick last month through running 3x per week and doing sit-ups/push-ups 3x per week.

8 - 50 sit-ups, 25 push-ups, 100 jump rope
    9 - Run
    10 - 50 sit-ups, 25 push-ups, 100 jump rope
    11 - Run
    12 - 50 sit-ups, 25 push-ups, 100 jump rope

(Week 1 Review: Not a whole week because I started late, but I did everything I'm supposed to on the days I normally do them)

13 - Run
    14 - Rest Day
    15 - 50 sit-ups, 25 push-ups, 60 min walking
    16 - Run
    17 - 50 sit-ups, 15 push-ups (back pain)
    18 - Run
    19 - No sit-ups or push-ups (back pain)

20 - Rest Day
    21 - Run
    22 - No sit-ups or push-ups (back pain)
    23 - Run
    24 - No sit-ups or push-ups (back pain)
    25 - Run
    26 - No sit-ups or push-ups (back pain)

(Week 3 Review; no push-ups OR sit-ups for me this week, but I did officially get back to where I was last month, so I met my goal at the same time as I failed to meet my goal method. Yay?)

27 - Rest Day
    28 - Run
    29 - No sit-ups or push-ups (back pain)
  • Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in and see how you're all doing with your goals.

I've surprised myself with how quickly I've been able to get back to running. I'm almost (not quite) where I was before I got sick, which is a huge accomplishment for me. Sit-ups have also been going well (it's nice to feel strong in the abs).

Push-ups, on the other hand are killing me. Not my arms, or my core (though sore abs do make it harder). "Full" push-ups are causing major back pain (so I'm laying off until I have more core strength), but "half" push-ups are rough on my (already bad) knees. I'm going to stick with it for now, but I may switch to something else if I think I'm hurting myself.
  • Its about 1/2 way through the month and I haven't been getting to the gym, like I should be. Not good. I'm working harder to get my workout days in.
  • energie, do you have any "backup" workouts that you use when you can't/don't want to go to the gym? I have a few videos that I always tell myself I can do instead of a run if (it's raining too hard; I really don't want to go; I'm in a rush). I don't love them; actually, I don't even really like them, but that just means that I'm all the more likely to do my planned workouts because I know I have a choice, and I'm choosing to go run.
  • paja-that's a good idea! I think the issue with me is, I really like to run as my main exercise....nothing else really "satisfies" me but I will give that a shot.

I think is might invest in a treadmill, one of these days.
  • really inspiring thread, will subscribe and see how things are developing
  • Hey everyone! I see that the interest has dropped out of this thread for the most part, but it's almost the end of October. How did everyone do on their goals?

I met my goal proper (to return to my previous level of fitness), but I didn't meet the plan I set out for myself after being set back from injury. That's okay with me though; it gives me insight for what kind of goals to make in the future.