Challenge for the nerds! Walk to Mordor!

You're on Page 13 of 14
Go to
  • Oh I took off yesterday (Sunday) for good behavier.. But on my way again tonight. I took a 2 1/2 mile walk at Twilight (no vampires in this journey) and the sky was beautiful. The humidity was really low and there was a very nice breeze tonight (off of the ocean) it was just heavenly walking. (up to 67.15 miles only 390+ to go to Rivendell)

One thing I do have to worry about tho..... if I have to shimmy up a tree to get away from the "Black Riders" my pants might fall down... They are getting alittle baggy (oh must be because they are from Bag End??? LOL)
  • Oh goodness,, It was hot and muggy out tonight.. but I did 2 miles so up to 69.15 exercise miles (with 4 weeks off) since 3/1 Not bad for alittle more than 2 months of walking on this challenge.

I am trying my darndest to keep ahead of those evil (dark riders) lbs!!! LOL

Hoping to make it 5.5 more miles til Sunday night... OH I am gonna do it!
  • Oh HOT Morning.... Left at 8 am and it just kept getting hotter and I just kept sweating LOL But did my 2.5 miles and met alot of nice Dogs (and their owners) along the way and watched a Land Tortoise eating a week right next to the pathway and it wasn't even scared of me

So on the trail.... 71.65 miles closer to Rivendell.... Have a long way to go. I wish I had the strength and determination that those Hobbits did!
  • ah... walking thru the misting rain. It was a nice feeling.. (tho very humid!!!) kinda felt like I was being washed clean. This lovely rain and water from the tropics.. Tho I know there are bad storms out there in other parts of the country... I am hoping all people and animals are safe and sound..

I am up to 74+ miles for 3 months with 3 1/2 weeks off.. so really 2 months and 2 days.... Not too bad. I cannot wait until I can walk the 4 milers like I used to do 20 years ago... I felt good doing that and my legs just popped for hours afterwards... LOL
  • Hi, well, I got off track after starting this challenge last year... but I'm back, and I'm going to keep walking! I started adding up my miles again a few days ago, and I am now... 6 outdoor miles since Sunday and an additional 3 today with Leslie Sansone: 114 miles. Horray Horray. I'm not so happy that I stalled, but with going crazy with my eating habits and not really exercising since October or somewhere around there, I am only up 10 lb since then. Now to lose it again! With Frodo!

Anyway 114 miles puts me still in the barrow downs, after resting on a hollow hill, eating, and sleeping. That sounds nice! Hope the barrow wights don't find me!
  • I have 14.5 new miles added in the past 3 days. 128.5 miles total on my journey. After being captured by the Barrow Wights, and doing some singing, Tom Bombadil rescued us. Rode the ponies through a gap and now we have reached a dike and a hedge, the boundary of former Arnor.
  • Oh Everlasting... I am a ways behind you... and need to get back on the trail or the dark riders will get me. I wish you a very safe journey (I hope no trials or Bad characters will be in your way) Tho we both know better!
  • Whew.... I hoofed it tonight... After resting at Crickethollow,, I was on the back path to the Old Forest... Ohh Its dark out here and low and behold the path dissappears?!

Made it to 76.65 miles Yeah 38 miles to 1/4 of the way to Rivendell.. Oh I need to get there faster!!!
  • Made it another 2.5 miles on the lost path (had to dodge tree limbs) and scary noises... 79.16 miles done and 378 to Rivendell... I sure do hope I make it before the Black Riders do..
  • Oh a pleasant walk onto the east (Rivendell) but I did see alot of flashing lights off to the west. Kinda like the flashes above Mt. Doom I am sure.. SCARRRRYYYYYYY

Up to 83 miles... getting closer to my goal!
  • Well Bad Hobbit Sue here.. walked and never posted on this thread!... Need to continue... eating all these 2nd Breakfasts does not help the journey get finished any faster!... I am up to 123 miles with only 335 remaining... I need to start getting stronger as I will be dealing with those dark riders (I think I already am - in my head and SCALE! argh)... So time to get going, hike up the RuckSak and get a move on!!!! lol
  • Sue It looks like your walk is going awesome, I wanna join this. I don't know very much about the trilogy. I struggled my way through it in JR High so 14 or so yrs ago. And I have seen the movies of course. But I've been wanting a long walk challenge that doesn't have a set end date.
  • oh man...so geeked out to join this...

My calculations will be an estimate, but whatever!

Let the walk to Mordor commence....except, I don't know the way?
  • This is the best challenge I've ever seen.
  • I totally copped out and stopped walking to MORDOR. Now I am once again inspired and decked out with a trusty Pedometer. Let the walking once more commence! I will probably go baby steps to begin as my health doesn't feel very well lately, but I'm sure the walking will help and once spring comes, even more walking!

I would love to see some new people join the walk to Mordor!