Clothing and Weight Loss

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: sorry for a daft question, but what is the 30 day shred? Sounds interesting.
    It's a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels
  • Quote: It's a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels
    Thanks!
    It is a bank holiday here in the UK, so I cleared out my wardrobe of everything that doesn't fit anymore. Then I put some of it back as I literally had nothing there except some PJs and my socks! The dieting business is going to be an expensive exercise now I realise how many new clothes I need. There are a few things I need to replace now as I am in serious danger of a nasty wardrobe malfunction in the office. Everything else will have to be done little by little...
  • Thank you for this thread. My clothes are falling off of me and I still have 50 lbs to go! I've had some clothes taken in, but I been struggling trying to decide what I going to do when I drop another size or two. I will definitely look into thrift shops.
  • Quote: I got all my clothes at Goodwill, Salvation Army and Consignment shops and when they got too big I donated them back. You can get some great things at these stores, I have gotten things that are brand new.
    This. It also teaches you to shop smart - I'm more or less "at goal" and I still balk at the idea of paying for new clothes.
  • I started losing weight in February. I went on a big shopping spree in late June, after I lost about 35 pounds. I plan to go on another one in late October for winter clothes. (Fingers crossed that the Chicago weather doesn't betray me and go freezing before Halloween!!) In between, I've bought mostly jeans when necessary. Belts are my friend! Also, the anticipation of what size I will be when I get to October keeps me from sneaking in a quick trip to the mall when I can't afford it.