Sugar Cravings

• I crave sugar all day. For breakfast i eat a protein bar and for lunch a lean cuisine then cookies. At 1pm protein bar. Then im ready for supper. I dont know how to curb the craving for sugar.
  • My protein bars curb my cravings because they are so delicious. They're the Quest Protein Bars, I like Apple Pie and Brownie. You can heat them up in the microwave to make it more like a fresh-baked brownie/pie! The manufacturer even suggests it. I'm always raving about Quest on here but I swear I don't work for them haha. I think Brownie has 5 net carbs... lots of fiber.
  • I get rid of sugar cravings by not eating sugars. There are a ton of protein bars, but most of them are also loaded with sugar. That's why I stick with Atkinds or Think Thin. Otherwise, I'll eat an apple with cinnamon (cinnamon just tastes naturally sweet to me) and dip it in peanut butter.

I just have to stay away from the sweets to get rid of the cravings. That includes bread, rice, sweet potatoes, grains, period.

Do I miss them? Nope I don't! But if I start eating them, THEN I crave them and want them.
  • That's because you are not eating REAL foods! You need to throw away the junk and eat real foods. Don't eat lean cuisines, they are all artificialities and chemicals. Once I started eating clean, my cravings for sugar have decreased monumentally. Seriously.
  • I agree: don't eat fake foods! Even if the foods you are eating use artificial sweeteners, they might be tempting you to have sugar since they taste so sweet!

The best protein bars, I echo the above, are def Quest and at the most, they have 3g of sugar and are much more natural. Try those instead. And, most importantly, real food!
  • Sugar Cravings
    I dont eat surgar at all, but i do eat Lite Jelly and also make a sugar free cake, ( 1 whole egg, 2 tbsp unsweeten cocoa, 2 tbsp stervia chuck in mircowave for a minute or untill it rises then eat) used to do this a fair bit early into my cut because my surgar craving were high. Now since i have been 1.5 months into this cut i dont getting any surgar cravings it just goes away.
  • I'm on a plan that limits my sugar intake to 15 grams or less a day. That's like the equivalent of the sugar content in one serving size of milk! For me, Blue Diamond habanero bbq almonds are my go to snack when I crave sugar. One serving is 2g of sugar and is around 28 nuts, so a generous serving size. I also made fat bombs and those are great for when I'm craving sugar, because it's like eating candy
  • I was craving sugary treats all the time until I stopped eating sugar and cut out non veggie carbs ( bread, rice etc) and also white potatos. I have some protein at every meal, real food though, not protein bars or shakes and I have had no sugar cravings at all since I started eating this way.
    might be worth trying a few days of sugar free to get past any detox and see if the craving go down