See ya 130's!

You're on Page 22 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Tonimaroni2 those last few pounds seem to be so hard to lose, don't they?We r both about 3 lbs from goal awesome.
    Wildflower I would love to try yoga, my old neighbor didyoga regularly, she was about 70, but if u seen her from behind u would think under 30. I am one of those really shy people though. In hs I was put in aerobics but felt so awkward I switched to weigh training. Wish I could muster up the courage. I really have no rithem or balance though. Two left feet.
    I took weights in HS too!

Yoga is great for shy people, depending on the studio. Most I have been to, it's all down to business, no talking, etc.

Unless you are taking a vinyassa / flow class, or maybe a power yoga/ashtanga class, you don't have to keep up with the group as it is not a synchronous exercise like aerobics. Vinyassa yoga is "flow" yoga, where they will show you a sequence and then you do it several times in a row, "flowing" from one pose to the next, then repeating. It's more acceptable to be behind a beat, they sometimes even say to go at your own pace, but it can be awkward to be behind.

Hot yoga generally is "vinyassa / flow, but general yoga is not. Usually the instructor will show the pose as an example, then everyone goes and gets into it themselves, then the teacher walks around and "corrects" people - ie, gives suggestions on how to get into the pose better (turn your leg this way more, relax your shoulders, etc). Then you end the pose, maybe do it again on the other side of your body, and go onto the next.

Try looking for an iyengar class near you. That's the style I follow and they are very definitely not flow classes, as the iyengar style focuses on correct alignment, and there is really no way to achieve that when rushing through the poses in a flow sequence.
  • Hey folks, I'm new to this thread.

I've been sitting at 139 for a few days, so here I am. My goal is within the 130's, but I think I am gonna strive for lower and revise it soon!

I'm expecting it to take a couple of months to drop down to the 120's, so might be kicking about for a while.
  • Hi, I'm another newbie for this thread. Have weighed in under 140 for two weeks in a row so am taking the leap over to here. Like GraceAlone my journey's been a very long one!
  • 136 this morning! Getting so close to dropping into the the low 130s!
  • Been kinda MIA, struggling to get back into diet mode. I Always do this, after a day or two eating out of control it takes me so long to get back into it. So close to being out of the 130's, I wish I could find the motivation to just stick to it hard for a cpl weeks!!
  • Checking in i've been hovering around 134 for the last couple of weeks. I always loose weight this way. Five pounds overnight and then plateau for weeks or even months! I wish I could loose it steadier, like a pound a week, so I know how I am doing week to week
  • Still at 133 this week...I dipped down to 132 a few times (even 132.0 on Sunday!) but I just keep bouncing back to 133.

I wasn't feeling well the past few days and didn't get any running in, so that may be contributing to my lack of weight loss. I generally lose about a 1 lb every week or week and a half...hope this isn't a plateau.

Can't wait to see 131 on the scale! Come on body!
  • 137lbs today, let's do this
  • Quote:
    Can't wait to see 131 on the scale! Come on body!
    Well, I saw 131.6 on the scale this morning, but then I stepped on it again and it said 132.6.

At least I got to see it....
  • Hello ladies! It's been awhile since I posted here. It's so encouraging to see so many new people in this thread and to see so many on the low end of the 130s. Hope I'm there soon too!

I'm currently bouncing between 137 and 138 but I'm okay with that. I started lifting again a week and a half ago and I know that is having an influence on the scale. I'd been on break from it since November. I forgot how much I love it! And I've been a lot more active generally because of how good it makes me feel, which is great.
  • 136 as of yesterday! Getting there
  • I'm hanging around 136 which is weird. I haven't been working out but ever since Friday night, I've been chasing an 8 week old dog around. We go out for potty breaks every like...2 hours. I've barely had time to eat...

Oh well. I wish I could get to like 132 or something, I'd feel "safer". I tend to hover around 140 so 136 is too close for comfort.
  • I'm hovering too, stuck around 132 and 133 for a month...

Going back to intermittent fasting today, that always breaks my plateaus.
  • I'm at 138.8 today. Was 139.6 yesterday. I'm starting to lose faith that this is just from the lifting. My graphs are trending up and seeing that makes me nervous.

I've been averaging 1450 calories per day over the week. I lift every other day (following New Rules of Lifting For Abs) and try to be active on non-lifting days. I might run (usually 5k), hula hoop for a half hour or so, or play Just Dance on my Wii. Nothing terribly strenuous.

Yesterday:
    B: 286 - Pumpkin quinoa
    S: 205 - .5 cup greek yogurt w/ mixed berries and nuts
    L: 363 - Pepperjack swiss chicken w/ chickpeas (+ .5 tbsp salad dressing)
    D: 426 - Fig and blue cheese pork tenderloin w/ butternut squash, carrot and broccoli
    Totals: 1281 kcal, 40.3 fat, 128.5 carbs (20.7 fiber), 107.6 protein

Today's menu:
    B: 254 - Mango apple kale buckwheat protein pancakes w/ sugar free syrup
    S: 98 - Orange, piece of dark chocolate
    L: 488 - Chicken tikka masala and bacon lentils (w/onion, carrots and celery)
    D: 397 - Blue cheese hamburger (no bun) (+ 2 tbsp bbq sauce) w/ beet chips (+ 1 tbsp light sour cream) and a spinach salad (onion, green pepper, sprouts and 2 tbsp dressing)
    Post workout: 253 - Protein shake (made of almond milk, sf pudding, protein powder)
    Total: 1490 kcal, 42.1 fat, 145 carbs (34.8 fiber), 132.5 protein

Reassurance? Suggestions??
  • Quote: I'm hovering too, stuck around 132 and 133 for a month...

Going back to intermittent fasting today, that always breaks my plateaus.
    You're so close to your target though, congrats.