IP daily chat Saturday and Sunday June 30 & July 01, 2012

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: I hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
    Okay usmcvet, couldn't resist, thought I'd change my signature to reflect what I'm doing once I hit goal. And for your information, that dress may cost as much as your trip to Disney World!
  • I made the coffee, then put it in the freezer to cool it down quickly. After it was good and chilly, I used the cold coffee and some ice cubes in place of water, and shook that puppy up. Yummers!

Quote: question- so do you make the pudding first or just add the mix to the coffee?

Home Scale:
  • Well, I lost 3.9 more pounds this past week making it 24.7 pounds in six weeks. I wanted to lose .3 more pounds, but 3.9 is awesome. Stay cool everyone!
  • Quote: Well, I lost 3.9 more pounds this past week making it 24.7 pounds in six weeks. I wanted to lose .3 more pounds, but 3.9 is awesome. Stay cool everyone!
    Woo-hoo!!! Way to go! You're going great guns!
  • Quote: Okay usmcvet, couldn't resist, thought I'd change my signature to reflect what I'm doing once I hit goal. And for your information, that dress may cost as much as your trip to Disney World!
    cant wait to see you in it! you are oh so close mamazu!
  • Quote: Good morning peepers. We have excessive heat warnings through Sunday night in the Philly area. Yesterday I drove with the top down in my car and was starting to tan in about 20 minutes. I could feel my arms burning. But i felt too good to put the top UP. NSV: Last week I was turning a corner and some guy waved at me and I didn't know why. I thought "did I move into his lane or what?". My son says "Mom, you know you don't exactly look like an old lady - you look good." I cracked up! I think maybe it had more to do with the car than me (I have a Porsche) but I'll take it!

Renee
    Renee - it is not just the hot car! It is the hot chick driving the hot car! I drive a Porsche convertible too and way more guys are looking than last summer!
  • Heat/Exercise effects
    Spent the day in the garden, ( 5 hrs), drank lots of fluids and thought I was doing OK..there was a great breeze and temp only 90. I had a shake around 1:30 and an hour later had lettuce with veggies and my own dsg. I added extra salt due to all the sweating and digging. Around 4 I felt nauseous and thougtht I was going to faint. I was keeping up on my fluids..so I'm not sure what happened. Haven't been to the beach yet this year, and not able to go on my bike due to vision problems..so maybe it was because this was the first day i was out in the sun. I came in, grabbed a potassium bill from our B/fast stash, took a cold shower, put the ac on , and crashed for 2 hours.

I'm beginning my 3rd week on IP, any ideas what might have happened?
    Oh yeah, I did take an IP bar and ate it thinking I needed carbs..I thougtht if I have to have 4 IP products today, I didn't care..I felt that bad.
    Any ideas..has anyone else experienced this?
  • Quote: Okay usmcvet, couldn't resist, thought I'd change my signature to reflect what I'm doing once I hit goal. And for your information, that dress may cost as much as your trip to Disney World!
    Get shopping!! You're sooooo close!!!!

Quote: I made the coffee, then put it in the freezer to cool it down quickly. After it was good and chilly, I used the cold coffee and some ice cubes in place of water, and shook that puppy up. Yummers!
    I make this every morning! Iced coffee, splash of 0/0/0/ torani in French vanilla, dry vanilla pudding packet. Shake in shaker with ice martini style!!! Sooo good!!!
  • Quote: Spent the day in the garden, ( 5 hrs), drank lots of fluids and thought I was doing OK..there was a great breeze and temp only 90. I had a shake around 1:30 and an hour later had lettuce with veggies and my own dsg. I added extra salt due to all the sweating and digging. Around 4 I felt nauseous and thougtht I was going to faint. I was keeping up on my fluids..so I'm not sure what happened. Haven't been to the beach yet this year, and not able to go on my bike due to vision problems..so maybe it was because this was the first day i was out in the sun. I came in, grabbed a potassium bill from our B/fast stash, took a cold shower, put the ac on , and crashed for 2 hours.

I'm beginning my 3rd week on IP, any ideas what might have happened?
    Oh yeah, I did take an IP bar and ate it thinking I needed carbs..I thougtht if I have to have 4 IP products today, I didn't care..I felt that bad.
    Any ideas..has anyone else experienced this?
    I think you overdid it.

Having the 4th IP was exactly the right thing to do.

I think what you tried to do -- space the foods, extra salt, extra water -- were all the right things, too.

Likely your body is still adjusting to the diet, and just was not ready for that much activity all in one day.
  • Quote: It's going to be a hot one in Wisconsin, too! Pool party at my house and I'll be serving lots of water...mostly to myself! I'm on Day 4 today and I did something very stupid...stepped on the scale. It hasn't moved a pound. Boo. Not sure I will have a big first weigh in at this point, but at least I've started something good and refuse to look back! Have a great day everyone!
    Dont let that get you down. Continue to work the program and the weight will come off soon enough.
  • I had my first NSV today....I was wering shorts I'd purchased awhile ago (which, by the way, fit normal two weeks ago). Well, while grocery shopping today, they kept sliding down my hips! When I got home and showed them to my husband, he was surprised and if I'm not mistaken he looked like he was impressed!
  • Quote: Day 2, and I've had all my food. Not feeling so great. I'm detoxing, right? I will feel better on Day 4?

At least my hunger has left.
    All part of the detoxing. You should feel a little improvement by tomorrow, and definitely better by day 4 hopefully. Hunger will go away soon. Hang in there, it's all so worth it.

Quote: Grrr... Just needed to vent. Walking to my parked car I saw someone had hit it. No note left, nothing! Just wanted to eat crunchy chips to take my frustration on and self soothe. But I'm on IP and can't. I'm definitely a carb addict and was wondering if there ever comes a time when your first thought doesn't turn to eating when you are upset.
    Unfortunately at the 8th month mark I still think of food at those tmes, but at least now I know how to handle it.

Quote: Sooooo excited I just went to Sprouts Farmers market in Austin for the first time and all the WF products were 2/$5. Stocked up!!
    Sounds like it's time to hit up Sprouts.
  • Quote: Get shopping!! You're sooooo close!!!!

I make this every morning! Iced coffee, splash of 0/0/0/ torani in French vanilla, dry vanilla pudding packet. Shake in shaker with ice martini style!!! Sooo good!!!
    Hi mom,

Hope things are going well. Where do you get the Toranni syrups from?
  • Quote: Hi mom,

Hope things are going well. Where do you get the Toranni syrups from?
    i figured i'd chime in here.... i've seen them at local grocery stores like safeway... i think they sell toranni at starbucks too. just make sure you get the sugar free flavors. i actually used the da vinci brand syrups. i got french vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel-- all from walmart. remember to take away 1 splenda per each serving of syrup. *i had to stop using them because i guess my body is really sensitive to these things.. my weight loss slowed the weeks i used the syrups* << it seems most people don't have this problem tho. they are yummmyyyy. good luck
  • HELP!!! My Dr's office is closed this week. I want to stay OP but I'm out of food. Can anyone recommend alternative RTD shakes that I can purchase?