UK Chicks Challenge Chat 2!

You're on Page 2 of 35
Go to
  • The thing about sw and ww is that, a) I dont do groups of people. I panick. Won't go into it, but its something I've been dealing with for years and b) weighing infont of others???? Ha!!!! I know I have it on here, but the thing is, I'm not willing to do it in person. when I weigh myself, its a private moment. A.... Naked moment in the mornings lol. If I start weighing myself at these meetings in the evening... It's just I feel, abit counter productive. I'll see my weight at a different time of day, get down on myself and crack.

I've got my online family (you lot duh), this is my support and information network. Right now, I'm happy with that. Okay I might have a long way to go, and a lot of you will be maintaining way before me, but, I feel safe in the knowledge that you'll still be here.

Whoa!! Soppy!! Lmao

Now, on sugar... I need some on my breakfast, unless its already sweetened. And I need 1 sugar in my morning coffee... That's it. Unless I have that occasional biscuit or cake slice I don't add sugar to anything else now... And... I don't miss it... I never ever thought I'd be in a place to say that... But there you go. It was the first thing I cut down on before I even started eating better, and I haven't looked back.

The mad thing is I went shopping in real life rather than online this week... And I wasn't tempted by anything! I mean, not even the cup cakes in Tesco!! I feel like I've become a different person in that respect, now just waiting for the body to catch up lol

Brid - lol you and me both. I was looking at the ticker earlier and swearing at it lol like "stupid .15 come out of there and show your face!!"
  • Quote: Another up side is that the food I buy goes further.
    I wish it went further for me too, but it never does, at least not when it comes to meat. Boyfriend seems to think I should buy the same amount as I used to when I was overeating, have a smaller portion myself, and let him polish off all the rest! I can't complain too much, he does need to gain some weight, but I have horrible visions of what his diet's doing to his innards. All that meat and cake and trifle might not make him fat, but it can't be doing his organs any good, surely?

Loving the idea of sneaky fitness for kids! If only someone had bought me a trampoline when I was seven... I probably wouldn't have used it because I'd've been paranoid about my fat wobbling. Ah well, it's a nice thought anyway, and glad it's helping your son, MW.
  • Hi guys, ooo a shiny new thread!

Congrats on your losses & hope you are all having a nice weekend so far.

I've just realised that I've completed 3 hrs of exercise this week (2 hrs 40 mins exercise bike, 20 mins DVD). This is probably the most I have exercised in a week since I was at school!

I bought myself some of this today:

No idea if it will be any good but I love the smell of cocoa butter. What do you guys use? Any recommendations?

Oops sorry for the size of that image!
  • I never liked the idea of slimming groups of that kind either. Just not for me. for some reason a proper NHS programme sounds different and better for me personally.

Nice to treat yourself 1987! I am thinking of ways to treat myself (for weightloss and just generally) that DON'T involve food! As you have being saying, Brid and MW, it is the money...I cringe at the money I spend on food I shouldn't even be eating. The money saved could go to something lovely! Instead of relying on getting a massive takeaway or cake or something to treat myself, I think nice things like.... bath products!! I LOVE that sort of thing. I think when I get below 400lbs (my starting weight on here is recorded wrong), I will get something nice from Lush. When I lose a significant amount, maybe a few stone, I am dreaming of some Philosophy bath gel. I adore that stuff but it is nearly £20 a bottle!!!!!!!! But then again, I easily spent more than that on biscuits, sweets, takeaway, fast food etc in a week.

I had a great day today!!! I had less than 2500 cals! I saw a friend so that occupied my day from eating. We had lunch at the Chinese bakery, but I just made sure to eat the same amount of buns as her (well... one more, I weigh about 3 of her, so it's only fair hahahahaa!). I usually go out on a Saturday but I am staying in tonight, so no alcohol calories, or buying pizza/fried chicken after!
    xxxx
  • hey all, hope everyone is well. i see we have a new thread lol

not been feeling too great, got a cough n sneezing and my neck and back is sore, like muscle pain or something. starting to feel better so back in action lol

• Oh my giddy goodness.
    You know I was a bit surprised I had only lost 4 lbs last time I weighed (every 2 weeks remember!) well blow me down if I didn't have a period ( got PCOS and a menstrual cycle that is more of a unicycle!) weighed this morning and I have lost 11 3/4lbs in this last fortnight! Bit of water retention I guess!
    I have been walking MILES but eating healthily not starving myself at all.
    I now weigh 22 stone 12 1/4 which is the lowest I have been for ages.
    I know the heavier you are the quicker the weight comes off but I am very very pleased! Next mini goal is under 300lbs.
    Lozz good luck for tomorrow and new job and all!
  • Superb loss, MW - well done!

1987 - if that stuff works, let me know. I'll buy a job lot and bathe in it!

Joselo - liking your treat ideas. I do that too only my weakness is Clarins products.
  • MW - you're catching me up!! You go girl!!

Well I'm stil at this stupid 302.6..... Getting fed up of it. It almost feels like my body is working against me!!! This is my last day of not doing much tho. Start the job tomorrow, and I am pretty nervous, but I know I'll be fiiine. If I'm not down to at least 300lbs by Saturday I'm going to be doing a serious re-think. All the walking I'll be doing has got to have an effect. Up to 3 miles a day... Surely that'll do something.... Right?

I just feel like my body is being uncooperative in every way possible! It's always been like this. I can't remember a time when my body has actually done either what its supposed to or what I wanted it to do.

Please tell me I'm not the only one? Starting to lose patience... Typical Aries lol
  • Lozz - DO NOT GIVE UP! That's been the difference for me this time. Everytime I got frustrated and felt like throwing in the towel, I gave myself a good talking to and carried on. ANd here I am, nearly at target.

Look at what you're doing and maybe change a few things - try out something different. It usually takes most of us a while to "find our groove".

Go girl *insert determined boxing smilie here* x
  • EM - thanks for the kick up the bum. Like i said, im taking my lunch with me to work so no temptations, and the walking has to make some sort of difference. I'll leave it until next WI, and if theres no real change i think an over haul will be needed. Strange thing is, this has been happening since I switched to brown rice and pasta... I am sooo freakin weird!! Smaller portions of these might be needed, rather than a cup, have half a cup of rice instead.

Right im gonna go sort out some clothes to be washed so they're ready for work... That sounds weird to me.... Lol
  • Ahhhh - you just said the "magic" words. Brown rice and pasta. you may be like me and really struggle with too much carb - maybe cut down on the amounts you eat and up protein/veg. Try playing around with amounts to see what works best. I looooooove carb but it doesn't love me so I have to limit pasta etc.

Gotta run - shopping and Costa time
  • skin firming
    Hi All,
    I used Dove Proage on my skin, not sure if it works but it smells nice. I made the mistake a few years ago of buying a skin toning mask for buttocks and thighs. On the packet it warned that you may feel a mild tingling effect and that was a good thing. Well...........it felt like my bum was on fire!! I spent 10 mins in a very cold shower and lay on the bed for half an hour to cool off. I do not reccomend this product unless you want your kids/other half/parents/cat to be in hysterics watching you run around screaming like a banshee!!!
  • elliemar...how dare you say costa to me and I haven't had a skinny flat white for days!!!
  • I'd definitely go with reducing your rice portion sizes, Lozz. When I ate rice, slightly less than a cup was my standard portion size, and I've since realised all my portions were far too big, so...

Mind you, you might find yourself hungrier with all the walking. I'm convinced it will do you good though - I put on three stone after graduating and the only major difference in my life was no longer walking to and from campus each day. It doesn't seem like much, but light activity daily versus being totally sedentary makes a huge difference.

You could also try replacing pasta completely, at least in some of your meals. When the boyfriend has some sort of lovely meaty sauce on pasta, I have the same meaty goodness, but on a bed of broccoli and green beans rather than pasta. Far lower calorie, dramatically reduces my carbs (cos they really don't agree with me either), you can eat a ton of them to fill you up, and it means you can have a slightly bigger meat portion too, while still eating less calories, and the protein fills you up for ages. And if it seems hard at first, don't worry, it's just like sugar - the less you eat, the less you want. Now, I'm not sure I'd go for pasta instead of broccoli even if I could, it seems so bland and pointless in comparison.

I can't remember if you've mentioned your stance on bread before. Do you eat it? How much? White, brown, or wholemeal? Like pasta, rice and potatoes, bread is one to watch out for.

If the cocoa butter works I'll be joining you in the bath of it, Ellie. Even at my target weight I'm still going to have this dreadful belly overhang, I can feel the skin on it now is loose and there's still a few stone to go. On the plus side, we're planning babies, and if my skin is already loose then maybe I won't end up with quite so many new stretch marks?

Yay for the curse, MW! Not that I ever thought I'd say those words. But nearly twelve pounds in a fortnight, that's brilliant! Must have been a very happy scale moment.

I shall finish this very long post with good, if weird, news: I'm down a pound since yesterday. Weird for two reasons. First, that makes exactly four pounds in five days, and it's not like I've been dehydrated or doing any epic poos or anything. Second, we had chips yesterday, and I've never before seen a lower weight the day after chips. I had a very modest portion, and only one tiny squirt of mayonnaise. And a rather larger squirt of HP sauce, because it's around a fifth of the calories. But this meal also contained a huge piece of steak, the sheer weight of which ought to preclude any loss this morning. It is most peculiar. And I'm dreadfully apprehensive about it just being a weird blip and the scale bouncing back up again!
  • Whooooop! Just found you guys, there I was thinking you'd all gone quiet!!! Hello new thread!

Today I am mainly laying on the sofa catching up on recorded tele! Well, I went spinning earlier and will walk the dog this eve, but other than taht I'm not going to achieve very much!

My head hurts after too much wine yesterday, and my legs are in agony after circuits yesterday, I thought they were going to drop off when I was spinning!

I'm trying to beat the hangover munchies today, start the week home alone as I mean to go on.... NO BINGING!

Next week I will be on plan, far less things to attend. Out for tea tomorrow night, but apart from that I'm on plan on plan on plan! Under two weeks until I move for the summer, and I really want to be in a good place by then!

This week, weight stayed the same, which I'm happy with. Another week until I'm in those 11s officially though, booooooo!

Will be back with personals later in a bit, you guys have done a lot of chatting since I last posted ha ha!