Slow Dancing With A Stranger {12} "Serenade Into Summer"

You're on Page 2 of 10
Go to
  • I miss you slow dancers!
  • I just don't have a whole lot to tell you guys right now. This reset is somewhat mentally tough, so in my extra time, which is little right now, I have been hanging out over on mfp with other resetters. If you want to find me or read about what I am doing more, I am in the "Eat More to Weigh Less" group.
    I can't wait to get to cut cycle. I have been kicking booty with the weights, I surprise myself every session with what I am lifting.
    Today I am sore, sore, sore in my arms, which for me is hard to achieve. I have no problem reaching soreness with my butt/hammies/quads, but the arms it is usually hard to get to enough weight to achieve soreness and still have good form. But, I am especially sore today, so I know I am getting somewhere.
    I see the pictures of these girls eating more and lifting heavy weights and that is exactly how I want to look, athletic, slightly muscular, just in great shape, not just thin or skinny. I will get there. Even if it does take me a year to gain 5 pounds of muscle, I will get there.

Hope everyone is just busy lately and still rocking their programs! Summer is a tough time to stay on plan (at least for me), we can do this girls!!!
  • I've been at work this weekend, eating terribly!
  • ive been very busy this weekend, which i like, getting things done around here....yesterday i did all the bills, budgeting, recycling and grocery shopping...then i made my teenager clean his disaster of a bedroom from TOP to bottom...it took him hours LOL but he got it done...i supervised and told him what to do because he's really truly lost without very specific directions...

today i tackled my younger son's room with his help...we got all the old toys thrown away, all the remaining toys sorted back into their bins (lego box, lincoln log bin etc) and the whole room cleaned up...ive been doing laundry ALL WEEKEND because of this...ive washed every single thing my teenager wears and made him fold it up and put it all in his dresser drawers again...

i made four rhubarb pies this afternoon because DH's coworker brought us rhubarb...one or two pies are for him, the others are for us...

i typically dont work out on the weekends but my eating has been on track....without grains and sugars, my cravings and appetite have been very low...it's interesting...

also NSV is that i went to buy a new raincoat on friday and i could FIT a size large!! i always used to wear a 2X but i could put it on and zip it up unfortunately the sleeves were too short and it ended too short on my waist so i bought the size XL but ONLY because i needed longer sleeves and a longer coat in general...but SO HAPPY to see what i could fit into

strange how sizes work...i wear XL in women's but i just bought a sweatshirt from the mens' dept and i took a size Small over there...lol

pies are almost done...pot roast in the crockpot...and laundry is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...it's been a good weekend!! and it's not even raining in my rainforest yay!

weather stats for my area said that in the month of May, we had TWO DAYS ONLY without any rainfall...eek!
  • Turned out to be a spike day for me
  • i do confess to eating two pieces of rhubarb pie and ice cream to go with it...i should feel far more guilty than i do LOL...it's the first real amount of grains or sugar that i've had in a whole week...i dont feel like binging or craving massive amounts of sugar and plan to get right back to the "no grains or sugars" route tomorrow...(not that i'm eating more pie tonight or anything - i'm not)

it was such a nice sunny day...temps got up to 60 which is the warmest it's been all spring stayed home and cleaned, cooked and baked, which is just what i like to do

if i had the time i wouldve gone for a bike ride but i wanted to do the home stuff instead

ETA: calories totalled 1740 today including the pie and ice cream, so its not as bad as i thought it might be lol
  • where'd everyone go??
  • Very busy week for me.
    I'm co-teaching VBS during the day and am picking up some princess shifts on 2nd shift.
    I am going to try to make it to the gym tomorrow night.
    I am in serious need of a food diary adjustment.
    I am eating like crap right now and have not been on my scale in a week.
    I know I have gained--I can feel water weight on my abs.

1 month of work to get it off--1 week to put it on
    where is the fairness????
  • Sorry guys, tomorrow is our last day of school here and we have a lot going on. Things will calm down for me end of this week or next week (hopefully). Of course then, I will have the kiddos around, but our schedule shouldn't be as busy.
    I still pop in and out to see what you guys are up to! Hang in there everyone
  • Busy and even more busy here. -- Trying to shed my mexican feast weight from Sunday.

I went from 144 to 149.5 in one day Just amazing Now back down to 145.5 but still...yuck.
  • Quote: Busy and even more busy here. -- Trying to shed my mexican feast weight from Sunday.

I went from 144 to 149.5 in one day Just amazing Now back down to 145.5 but still...yuck.
    That's normal after Spiking. It used to take me until wed, thurs or sometimes friday before I got back to my pre spike day low. Just water and glycogen. As for the yuck feeling, I used to get that too, that was the one thing I didn't like about Spiking.
  • I'm here..
    Day 3 of VBS. I'm having a ton of fun with all these children (just passed 2nd grade is our group). We only have 1 this year that is "special". Whoever takes care of him obviously hasn't realized the negative effects of prolonged video game usage on his brain! W-O-W!

No weigh in for me.
    I'm still up in my tummy, no point in validation.

I played 1hr45min worth of tennis yesterday and burned more than 1000cals!!
    Afterwards, I went to the gym for
    Geaux Me!!

How is everyone??
  • im here.....getting into my summer routine...up at 530 a.m. for the gym...then home with the kids for awhile, then i work from 12-4 or 11-4 and then home with the kids again...so far it's going well

still trying to keep away from grains and sugars...not "low carb" per se because i still choose fruit etc but im finding that i do better in terms of appetite and cravings when i stay away from grains and sugar...
  • School's out for summer

I have been in the garden all day, weeding, transferring some plants, etc. I was supposed to do my arm#1 workout today to start my 6th week of this program, but I think I will do it tomorrow morning, I got my walk in already and I am feeling pretty whipped, and I sort of feel like I am coming down with something. I keep telling myself it is allergies, but I feel like I have a virus trying to take hold. Sore-ish throat, a little chest tickle, a bit of a dryish cough, a little raw behind the throat and nose. And this past weekend, I was feeling a little achy, so I def. think it is something. Trying to ward it off with lots of sleep, extra vitamin C, lots of fluids, all that jazz. I have suffered with allergies all my life and this doesn't feel like that. Crappy time of year to be sick if it is-boo.

So today is officially 4 weeks I have been in reset mode!!! I can't believe it has been that long already. I feel like my body has stabilized and I could go to a small cut, but most metabolism reset recommendations are for 8 weeks, so I am going to go big or go home,
    So basically, I am halfway there. I am so happy I have chosen to do this and I can't begin to tell you how many ways it has affected me positively, both physically and mentally. I will go into it a little more another time.

Ok, gotta run, lunch is overdue and I am h u n g r y!!!
  • Jo DD is out but DS has another week plus one day left. I wish mine were out as well

I think I am on a verge of some weightloss. My tummyy is looking gross and all jiggly.... it always does that before some droppage I have been walking and doing abs and arms. I just want my hot bodd back!!!!