First day of my diet...

• I decided to go with a version of the south beach diet (cutting out carbs and sugars and starch for the first two weeks and gradually re-introducing some). So I went to the store and have prepped myself lunches and snacks for the next week. Each lunch I get a mixed veggie salad with a bit of dressing and feta cheese and some sort of protein (tuna, chicken, egg). For snacks I have a small bag of nuts and a big bag of mixed veggies. Even if I wasn't on a doet, I really like having healthy meals ready for me to just grab and go in the morning!

So first day...I ate all my healthy food. And then we had a birthday in our office. Someone bought in cupcakes as a birthday cake. And these aren't just any old cupcakes, there are from a professional cake bakery. I've had them before and they are delicious! So I had one. In the past I would have had to, but I made myself only have one.

Supper time I had a deer steak with a salad and cooked asparagus. I did what some had suggested and cooked my husband an extra dish to go along with his meal. And he snacked on chips later on, so he got his calories! I researched the calorie intakes to maintain body weight. Mine is 1800, his is 3200!

And then I had a seminar in the evening, where there was cake served. Brownies and spice cake. I had a little piece of the spice cake. But only one!

So it wasn't a perfect day, I failed twice, but all in all it was a much healthier day than normal, even with the cupcake and spice cake! Hopefully it goes better today and I don't cave to sweet treats!
  • If it was a healthier day than normal, then you didn't fail
  • Great job. As you move forward with your diet the sweets may seem less appealing.
  • I didn't stick with SBD in the long run, but I do use a lot of the ideas from the diet. I will say, however, that if you really stick with "phase 1" religiously, you really will whip out the cravings. You might feel pretty crummy for a few days, then pretty bored with the restrictions for the next week or so, but it really does help.

Good luck!
  • Stick with it, your doing great! I am on day four of the induction period and I have dropped 8lbs. The eggs, cheese and meat are getting boring, but I am ridiculously sick of being over weight. As long as you are doing better than you were before you are on the right path. I am also planning my meals ahead of time to prevent "relapsing." Last night I treated myself to burger king, a whopper (with no bun or ketchup of course), so think about all the things the you can eat, instead of what you can't to keep yourself motivated. Good luck!!!!
  • Day two went well!

Day three... well it was going well until some friends took us out to dinner as a thank-you for us helping them. Sushi! Rice doesn't exactly fit into phase 1, and it's near impossible to eat sushi without the rice!
  • You didn't fail if you would have binged on either of the cake occasions then maybe but I think you did great! It's hard to turn down cake! So indulging a little bit will actually help you from feeling deprived and going on a crazy binge. Good luck with this week to come, it's always the hardest >_<
  • You are doing great! There is this saying a friend of mine told me one: "Practice, not perfection." If you keep getting up every day and trying, you are doing exactly what you need to do!
  • Quote: I decided to go with a version of the south beach diet (cutting out carbs and sugars and starch for the first two weeks and gradually re-introducing some). So I went to the store and have prepped myself lunches and snacks for the next week. Each lunch I get a mixed veggie salad with a bit of dressing and feta cheese and some sort of protein (tuna, chicken, egg). For snacks I have a small bag of nuts and a big bag of mixed veggies. Even if I wasn't on a doet, I really like having healthy meals ready for me to just grab and go in the morning!

So first day...I ate all my healthy food. And then we had a birthday in our office. Someone bought in cupcakes as a birthday cake. And these aren't just any old cupcakes, there are from a professional cake bakery. I've had them before and they are delicious! So I had one. In the past I would have had to, but I made myself only have one.

Supper time I had a deer steak with a salad and cooked asparagus. I did what some had suggested and cooked my husband an extra dish to go along with his meal. And he snacked on chips later on, so he got his calories! I researched the calorie intakes to maintain body weight. Mine is 1800, his is 3200!

And then I had a seminar in the evening, where there was cake served. Brownies and spice cake. I had a little piece of the spice cake. But only one!

So it wasn't a perfect day, I failed twice, but all in all it was a much healthier day than normal, even with the cupcake and spice cake! Hopefully it goes better today and I don't cave to sweet treats!
    let me first say that Im not the enabeler type lol im more the motovational kick in the butt reach your goal type

soooo well done with having a healthier day1 than normaly, but yea ya failed the south beach intro phase lol great news is that there is no cut off date so you can restart tomorrow
    we have to own our failures if we are to correct them, and well done with Having the courage to own and then to post your slip up!: hug:

however the "sushi" incident could have been modified, there are LOTS of sushi that are rice/rice paper free and if your head was in the game fully you would have found an alternative to a rice roll. I’m saying this not to squash you r progress, but to maybe shine light on your dedication level

best of luck lady!