Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else?

You're on Page 24 of 34
Go to
  • reboot
    I am rebooting starting tomorrow. Been on vacation and put on 5 pounds. Want to lose 10 lbs now. I want to give myself 1 month for phase 1 and then phase off.
  • Quote: I am rebooting for 7 days. I swear I will stuck with it this weekend. I head to nova Scotia on Wednesday and I want to go at my low weight....grrr
    I was in NS for the first week in June. It went very well but I was staying at my sister's so had full access to the kitchen so it wasn't much different than being in my own house.

Now a co-worker is there and is sending me pictures on FB of the fantastic lobster she is having and great things like scallop salads. Yummm! It was spilling rain the whole time I was there so we didn't venture out for lobster.

You will do great!

Have a fantastic time.
    Go to the distillery at Glencoe for a nice meal and good music.

Pat
  • I will definitely be going to the distillery as we will be staying in Inverness! Looking forward to lobster...and to golfin at the new course - Cabot links!

My dh wants to try to stay pretty close to ip, and we will have a kitchen in our cottage. I will do what I did in London-eat ip when convenient and stay low carb when eating out, with the expectation I will have some splurges!

I am getting excited!
  • UGH!!!! Got on the scale this morning and I'm up ~5 lbs since I last weight - a little over a week ago. Good grief it comes back on WAYYYY too fast!!! Going to try very hard to have several good P1 days to get it back off. I am so mad at myself for not being more careful! What was I thinking!!!!!
  • I've been on maintenance for almost 2 weeks and have gained about 8 lb. I didn't have the normal 3-4 lb. gain on phase 3 (lost 1.5) but now it's definitely coming on too fast. I must say tho I love how much more energy I have and I feel a bit more solid, not just all mooshy like I did before (totally hated that). But this is scary how fast you can gain. Wondering if I should skip the fun day for awhile and be more careful with calorie/carb counting. Any ideas?
  • After 3 perfect phase1 days and 3 very hot sweaty workouts I am up 2 pounds!
    Sigh-I had turnip fries last night and they really seem to make me retain water.
    Hope for a better weight tomorrow! Asparagus for dinner tonight for sure!
  • Quote: After 3 perfect phase1 days and 3 very hot sweaty workouts I am up 2 pounds!
    Sigh-I had turnip fries last night and they really seem to make me retain water.
    Hope for a better weight tomorrow! Asparagus for dinner tonight for sure!
    you know about working out. I read a bit about it and I think heavy work outs specially during the very strict phase at the begining might damper the loss. my clinic folk were telling me that your body basically hangs on to the glycogen reserve and you will not get into fat burning phase. I have been doing work outs but nothing that gets me into zone 3 heart rate.
  • Day7: doing well except that the big C is here and has me frustrated. I have my weigh in tomorrow at noon so might do a cleansing tea tonight so that I don't get disappointed by the scale. Haven't weighed myself but am pretty sure that I have lost due to how my jeans are fitting me.
  • ARGGGGG I want food now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could cry or throw a temper tantrum.
  • Quote: I've been on maintenance for almost 2 weeks and have gained about 8 lb. I didn't have the normal 3-4 lb. gain on phase 3 (lost 1.5) but now it's definitely coming on too fast. I must say tho I love how much more energy I have and I feel a bit more solid, not just all mooshy like I did before (totally hated that). But this is scary how fast you can gain. Wondering if I should skip the fun day for awhile and be more careful with calorie/carb counting. Any ideas?
    Hey, just want to let you know that i know how you feel. I too had some loss in phase 2 and 3 and was happy to start maintenance almost 7lbs below goal. I’m in my 2nd week of maintenance now and was happy that after my first week, i stayed exactly the same but this is my 2nd week, and as of yesterday, i was up 3.4lbs (cheat day is Saturday), was freaking out so i decided to do a phase 3 day yesterday and was down 1.6 this morning and am doing another phase 3 day today, hopefully will be as close to what i was last week. I feel better knowing that just doing a phase 3 day helps (and still get to have my yummy breakfast). It was a huge relief to see the scale go down this morning cause now i know, i always have a back up plan. There's no way i could give up my cheat day right now, looking forward to it wayyy too much, lol.
  • Quote: you know about working out. I read a bit about it and I think heavy work outs specially during the very strict phase at the begining might damper the loss. my clinic folk were telling me that your body basically hangs on to the glycogen reserve and you will not get into fat burning phase. I have been doing work outs but nothing that gets me into zone 3 heart rate.
    I have been a hard core exerciser my entire ip time. I eat phase 1 most weekdays anyway...I just find it crazy how the body can do its own thing.

I expect I will see a good drop if I can stick to it through the weekend. I am at the top of my maintaining weigh, so it's really not a big deal. I just want the vacation buffer.
  • Fast Gain
    I was shocked too how quickly the weight comes back. I am on a reboot now and expect it to last six weeks or so. I phased off at the beginning of March, and it seemed like I was going up 10 pounds a month.

Knowing how quickly it comes back, I am now wondering how much I should loose before I phase off again. Should I go 15 pounds below my goal so that I stabilize around my goal? This has been a really confusing journey. I look at non-IP food know with dread thinking that once I am at goal weight, a piece of bread is going to cause me to balloon over night.
  • I wish I knew what I did other than work out really hard but I actually lost more after I phased out. I know I did serious work outs though and was very carefull with I ate. It only came back when I stopped going to the gym and stopped eating badly again at least once or twice a week. I gained 10 pounds from november to April.
  • So do you all do the carb/fat separation meals? Does this really work or do you still need to be very careful with how much you eat?
  • Quote: So do you all do the carb/fat separation meals? Does this really work or do you still need to be very careful with how much you eat?
    I say it was a combination with some deviations. for lunches I would have zero simple carbs and would have that for dinner or the other way around. IF for a snack I wanted cheese and crackers then I would do it but not to feed myself, just to munch on with a glass of wine or something. things like pizza: I only had once in a blue moon. As far as how much you eat: regardless of what I was having, it was ALWAYS to moderation.