Slow Dancing With A Stranger {9} "March Madness"

You're on Page 19 of 19
Go to

• Awesome job!!! How did you feel and what did you eat afterwards???
  • I had a bit of a rough spot last night, I was extremely hungry, more than in a long time. I kept the damage to a minimum, but my stomach was not happy. I think it is time to refeed with a Spike day today. I really notice a difference in my hunger from the beginning of the week to the end of the week, not sure if it is related to Spiking or not.

Well, yesterday I saw a peek at 169!!! Today it is gone!!! I was almost in tears yesterday. I was telling DH I have been in the 170s for 7 months, a couple times in there I bounced slightly back into the 180's, but for the most part of 7 months, I was in the STUPID 170s. Some of it was my own fault and a lot of it, my body was just being stubborn. I knew yesterday may be just a blip, and was prepared for that but it was a wonderful sight and I WILL see it again very soon!

Sleep must not be an issue for me because I got the best sleep of the week last night and I am up a pound. Course, I ate a little extra last night too, but I blame it on the sleep, hehe. Maybe I burn more calories when I am WIDE awake

So today I will spike, Sunday I will do a Leangains, maybe 6-8 hour window with a kick-@ss workout in there and Monday will be 24 hour again if I can fit it in due to the family being around. This should be interesting...

I cannot believe it is the last day of March!!!
    What do you guys want to do for our strength challenge??

I think the 3 challenges per week sound fun, and if you can't get it done the first day, it would give you a day or two to get it in, whatever fits with work or fasting or whatever.
    Maybe Sunday, Tues, Friday?
    You guys want me to start or is someone itching with an idea already? I don't have one yet, but I will think of something if you want me to go first
  • Sounds perfect Jo, that we can keep our 24 h fast days Mondays and Thursday's. -- So each one of us pick a day?
    Jo ~ Sundays
    Krystal ~ Tuesdays
    Kristiina ~ Fridays

Actually it does not matter to me which day get I talked to my and he is already formulation torture ideas in his head for us

Are you spiking today Jo? -- I am thinking about having a spike day tomorrow.

I actually had a very good day yesterday what came to food. PMS is gone and TOM is here and my appetite is back to normal. I had two big salads with protein. -- Cam's team went to Culver's after practice, and I took a look at their menu before hand and nothing looked good to me, and secondly almost each item had gluten, so I ate at home. I shared some of my 's fries and had icetea. I was thinking about having a coke, but decided it was not worth the sugar. Krystal I hear you about that sugar; that is why I did not give into that coke, because it would had led me to sugar cravings today. I have been REALLY good about sugar.
    Jo -- Congrats on that 169, even if it was a brief moment, but that is the promise!! You will probably see as low as 166/167 at some point this month! These last 10-20 pounds are REALLY hard. I think this is where the true willpower kids in. I am just happy that I ended this cycle under 150 pounds. I feel accomplished

Well I am off to my walk. I think we will walk 6 miles to reach 110 miles for this month. -- Wonder if I should do a few lunges, or should I wait and save my body for the challenge you are putting me through?

Everyone have a FAB day!!
  • Okay, here is my challenge. STAIRS! Find stadium (high school) and run 500 steps up and 500 down. Doable?
  • Quote: Okay, here is my challenge. STAIRS! Find stadium (high school) and run 500 steps up and 500 down. Doable?
    That is sooooo funny, I was going to suggest you do legs, Krystal does abs and I do arms this week!!! Then next week we can switch it up again.

Okay, here is mine, mostly arms, but a little mix too:

Hopefully everyone has access to some dumbells?

Choose your weight of dumbells (I will go 10# on the first set I think) and place them on the floor just outside your feet which are hip width apart.
    Squat to pick up the dumbells, stand tall (watch your back), do a biceps curl hammer style (palms facing in) and before lowering the weight, push up to do an overhead shoulder press, come back down to shoulders, finish lowering the biceps curl and then squat down again, almost put them back on the ground, next one.
    Does that make sense? Lets do at least 3 sets of 10 of those.

So Sunday is the arms with the dumbells

Tuesday is Krystals choice (abs emphasis)

And Friday is the stairs from ****.

I think this will be fun
  • FUN!! I'm loving this
    But I will be working Tues & 'm going to the river Thurs Fri Sat
    I may still be able to pull this off, just not on the days you ladies have assigned.
    I have my LR tomorrow-- 8 miles
    Monday is arms & abs for me (this is the only time I will have to do them).

AB Challenge
    PLANK: 75 seconds-90 seconds or as long as you can hold it! I was up to 90 sec before I became a slacker and stopped doing them
    Jump Rope w/HIGH KNEES: 100 reps (fast as you can)
    Repeat 3 times
  • Ok ladies, seriously--I am experiencing the OPPOSITE effect of what IF is supposed to do::decrease cravings, decrease hunger, eat less, etc.
    I have noticed this each time I fast, regardless of the time frame (12/16/24).
    I know it's the food choices I am making. I just can't seem to get it together lately. I'm not really sure why.
    It's been like a month, and I've been on a feeding frenzy::eating 1600-3000 cals/day.
    I don't even remember the last time I had a 1200 cal day!
    & for over a week now, all I have wanted it something sugary--despite increasing my protein intake.
    I can't believe I am sabotaging all of my hard work with all of these high calorie days!
    I know this is s wrong, b/c you can't out exercise bad food choices or over-indulgent food choices, but I say to myself, "I'll workout more for these extra cals. It's worth it to me to eat it and have to work out more."
    Where the heck did this thinking come from??

I seriously am emotionally overeating lately for a couple of reasons I can safely pinpoint:
    1. I am alone alot, due to:
    a. My trainer friend's absence.
    b. DH is working way more hours and days.
    2. I am running longer. (this training has become a nuisance, imo)
    3. I am working more days at the hospital to get some extra $ for our summer trips.

I noticed last night I was eating b/c I was literally so stressed out at work. I wasn't really hungry, but 6 of my 7 patients had me stressed to the max. Here's a little example of what the night looked like:
    I had to place 1 in restraints--a hospital no no, b/c he kept pulling his IV out, his monitor off, throwing ice cups and water at the door, yelling "help me" for 12 solid hours. This means every 2 hours, I had to check his vital signs, take off the restraints, move his arms around, clean him up (he was incontinent), give him water, and assess to see if he could be unrestrained. Lots of extra paperwork!
    1 had a new feeding tube placed the day before and I had to feed her through the tube manually a shake similar to Boost. She was having leg pain and wanted IV Morphine every 4 hours, but didn't understand why I couldn't give it too her b/c her blood pressure was 90/50! (The order said >100 was ok to give) Also, I had to crush all of her 16 pills and put them down this tube.
    2 of them were Xanax dependent and so anxious and paranoid over everything and everyone. I could barely take their blood pressure for them thinking I was trying to hurt them.
    Then, if this were not enough, I had an admission at 0430 that was just as crazy as these 4. Xanax dependent, on dialysis. They had placed a catheter in her bladder and she was screaming in pain over it, demanding I call the MD at 0430 in the morning to remove it. (She had been on the floor a total of 15 min) She was anxious as could be b/c they had not given her any of her meds from home in the ED, which included Xanax! Then, they had her nothing to eat or drink for a.m. testing and she was freaking out b/c she was diabetic and was afraid her sugar was going to drop in 2 HOURS!!!
    SERIOUSLY!!! I was like, "Ma'am, if it does, I WILL take care of it!"
    The other 2 were not as bad, nor as demanding of my time--not like I had any--as all of these.

After my shift, I just ate and ate and ate!! All sugar!
    cereal, a donut, Chick Fil A, came home--ate more cereal
    I crashed in my bed and am super thankful I don't have to go back tonight!
    I would have called in.
  • Slow Dancing {10} A Month of Challenges