Wonderslim #7

You're on Page 8 of 35
Go to
  • Good Morning Everyone
    I had an idea last night...would anyone else be interested in an 8 week challenge for weight loss? I know my loss has slowed down, but I need inspiration to help me lose these last 36 pounds. We could weigh in at our regular times (either weekly or monthly) and just post our losses. I'll try to keep track of them and post the winners after 8 weeks. (We're all winning when each pound leaves our bodies!)
    Maybe the challenge would be helpful getting us all back on plan and headed toward our goals.

Shannoni...did your supplies come? I look forward to your success posts.
    Pamedic: Glad to see you back! Hope this week will be more restful for you.
    Sheri: I agree that it is a little overboard when they do a make on you before they allow you to adopt a pet!
    Have a good, on plan, week everyone.
  • Good morning

I am pleased to announce that I officially lost 4 pounds in my first week. I know the loss could have been higher but I did veer off plan a little over the weekend. I had a few meals out but I did manage to eat healthy so that is a great start and a shift in mindset for me so I am pleased.

REKP - I would be interested in an 8 week challenge. I am travel a few times during the next few months so that might help keep me accountable on the road.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • REKP: They are i think supposed to get here today hopefully. the tracking says its in the destination facility so as long as they bring it around it should come today . when i get my package i would lovee to start an 8 wk challenge that sounds very exciting

kamikazecat: Congrats on your 4 lbs. A few wks ago i started working out and running every day for about a week and eating healthy and my total weight loss was about 1.3 lbs. So i say u r doing amazinnnnnnnng
  • Its here and OH MY its soooo pretty most of the things in there i've either never tried or its been yrs and yrs.. i am soooooooo excited. I already know i have to fight my husband off of these cause he is already calling dibs on any thing he sees i am going to start tomorrow morning which is march 6th
  • Shannoni: So glad your supplies arrived! Hope everything goes well on your first day. Let us know how you're doing, drink lots and lots of water!
    Kamikazekat: Great weight loss! CONGRATULATIONS! I, too, have had problems trying to adjust my eating habits when we travel. One of the best tips I found on this site was to order all sauces on the side.

Lets start our challenge with our losses at next weigh in and plan on finishing on May 1. That will give anyone that weighs monthly a chance to have a final weigh in. I hope others will join us as well. I'm actually a little more inspired than I have been recently!

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day!
  • I hope you all will forgive me but honestly today is the first time in several days that the thread has even crossed my mind. Amazing since I spent so much time here in the last few months.

My sincere apologies to the newcomers and my old friends for not being able to take the time right now to backtrack to see what's been going on in your lives. Shero, I did see as I glanced back that your Yorkie has died. I am so very sorry. Taffy is what is helping keep me sane at the moment.

A quick update here and then I'll have to get off...my husband is having several tests run to determine problems and a very serious one cropped up yesterday that we hadn't expected. During a barium swallow test they discovered he has some liquid going into his lungs. We have no idea where this will lead as this is a totally different problem than we were seeking help from. (We do suspect it must be a recent development or else he would have developed pneumonia from aspiration.) Anyway, we still have the stomach tests to endure, etc.

As before, my diet is the least of my worries right now...just trying to keep both our heads above water with this last health crisis. I am just blown away by this latest complication.

Don't forget me or give up on me...I will be back for the friendship and fellowship, etc. when life evens out a bit. Tons of WS products around here that I'm simply ignoring right now. It's a shame that I don't react to stress by losing weight...LOL

Have to go now...just know that I may not be here literally but I am so excited for your successes.
  • Toy:
    I'm so glad to see you here. You and your husband will remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how the tests come out.
    (Virtual hug)
    Rose
  • REKP: so far i had the breakfast and loved it. it was very funny how small the amount of oat meal was though LOL.. i was expecting a bit more. And i love the shake maker cup it was way too exciting to make shakes I weight my self this morning and i was 163 so i will weight my self one week from now i am super psyched. im already gonna be late taking the snack but its because i had to go to a career fair. Hopefully i can find a good job here hate Hawaii because of their low amount of jobs
  • OKK i need help.

So i've followed the plan pretty much correctly. Its hard to remember to eat every 2 to 3 hrs. But my question is about the lean and green meal. So i used a good amount of broccoli some parsley, one potato and about 3 oz of chicken. Is that correct? what do u usually use for ur OTHER in the lean and green part? and how much of each veggi do u put in? cause i love veggies and dont know what they mean when they say 1 veg. ( is that like 1 cup or what)

other than that so far so good
    thank u
  • Good Morning everyone
    Shannoni: Glad everything is going good for you so far!
    About your food question...go to the Diet Direct site, look for Wonderslim up on the left. Click on Womens Plan, then the Wonderslim food selection list. It will give you a list of all the foods for the diet. Sorry I can't be more help about the specifics, I have been following the New Lifestyle diet plan. The food packets are the same for both programs but it is easier for me to just remember 8 oz lean protein and 2 cups green vegetables per day :-)
    Eating every 2 or 3 hours does come around fast! I think that has been one thing that has kept me on the program thus far. I know my next eating opportunity is just around the corner. I'm eager to see how fast you lose your 30 pounds.
    Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day!
  • REKP: Thank you so much.. I guess i ate a bit extra on my lean and green yesterday but im gonna get it right today. . So far so good i had no problem yesterday and today i am doing great as well. but i heard it gets a bit harder after the 4th day. Its been raining nonstop here so i havent done any kind of work out. i think ive never ate this much in my life i usually eat very little but with lots of calories (like one cinnibon for dinner ) so this is very interesting diet to me
    How is the diet you are on? u doing good?
  • Shannoni:
    It is certainly a different way to eat. I don't think the timing is as crucial as getting all the food in every day. I've just found I don't get as hungry when I space my meals out every 3 hours all day long. I have lost a lot of weight since I started the diet the 6th of November. I weighed 258 then and lost 4-5 pounds per week for the first 2 months. Then around Christmas the loss dropped to 2-3 pounds a week, which is not nearly as fast as I would like, but I'm going to stick with it until I reach my goal of 165 or so no matter how long it takes. It's something I can continue, I'm eating and feel satisfied. I've ordered a lot of food...like another 3 months worth from now, so I also know I'm not going to waste my money by not continuing.
    I found that for the first 2 weeks or so of the diet I felt kinda week. I cut my workouts back to 5 miles a day on the exercise bike, but after that time I picked back up to my routine.
    Keep posting...This is so much easier when others are going through the same thing!
    I like the picture of you and your dog. You both look happy :-)
  • Wow thats great amount of weight loss. I really hope i could get half as much as that in.

I was wondering what if i cant eat all the meals. For example I can never find out for the OTHER for breakfast meal or usually miss the after dinner drink or snack thingi.. so i think i am about 200 calories shorter than they want. And i dont eat exactly every 2 or 3 hrs. I eat more like every 2 hrs and then once 4 hrs and then like one hr. does that really matter?
  • Shannoni: I don't think the timing is as important as getting all the food in. It's set up on to be around 1000-1200 calories a day, so missing a couple hundred calories could possibly slow your weight loss. There was a big discussion here about that a month or so ago. I just make sure I get in around the thousand calories a day. Double up on the packets of food when you are having a meal if you think you'll be behind by the end of the day.

It's so beautiful here in KY. Everything is getting green, our forsythias are starting to bud. I love spring! It's been a really mild winter here, but spring seems like such a time of renewal.

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day.

How are you doing Speedofsound, Shero, ExTex, Ms. Sara? Missing your posts!
  • Hi guys:

I am lurking. I have been obsessed with getting a new puppy. I knew Teena was getting older and had always had the thought of a new one after she had left us. I know it hasnt been very long since Teena went. I have missed her terrible. I have learned so much from this process. A. There are so many dishonest people out there that you could become very jaded against them. My niece got taken for $600 for shipping a puppy that she never got. Bad for her-good for me-cause as varnable (SP) as I was when I first started looking for a puppy it could have very easily been me. It shocks you when you search someones name and find fraud alerts. But I have found a new puppy 3 hours away from here and cash for puppy. I am so jaded at the rescue organizations. That is really what I wanted to do but found it to invasive. That is why more animals arent adopted. If having a 13 year old yorkie from a puppy, and a seven year old should be enough to prove I am a responsible pet owner..... Home visits, making sure the dogs get along-I think is bull. Gidget is a very timid girl so when you go to pick her up she crowers-I think if you were a five pound dog in such a big world you would crower to. I could go on and on about this experience but this a weight loss sight. I guess if any of you want to be friends on facebook let me know.

Toy-hun I am so sorry that things are so ruff for you. Are you a Christian?
    Thanks for the condolences-it was ruff finding Teena gone. I just wanted one more summer. The CHF was fast. I thought she had rebounded from the pnemonia well. Even though the vet had warned me that her heart was very enlarged. We had just started her on heart med's so I will always wonder if the medicine killed her.

Well the new puppy's name will be Spring. I am still trying to figure out a middle name. All suggestions welcome. Yorkie owners I have a quiz for you. There are two reasons I am naming her Spring-one is the season, what is the other reason.

I am up for the 8 week challenge I need it. I havent kept track of my calories or been diligent with the Wonderslim program. No scale for me. So I weigh very soon and May 1st the challenge is over........REKP-you are great for making this suggestion. If I weigh next Friday it will just be a 7 week challenge right..... REKP-you are my inspiration. Oneville in 4 months....ok the truth-I little jealous LOL...... I remember when I was at 209----I felt good then being able to wear clothes that looked nice.

Hoping and praying that I will meet you in oneville one day........